Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cash outdated?  (Read 813 times)
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:25:02 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 08:35:55 AM by markj113

Governments and top bankers are desperate to outlaw cash.

The reasons are simple -

1) Every transaction you make can be checked and audited.

2) When the next financial crisis hits there will be no more bank runs as there will be no cash to withdraw.

3) When negative interest rates hit you wont be able to stash cash under the mattress, your money will be locked in to a bank account becoming less and less daily.

4) When a bank folds they hold all your wealth and you know who will end up paying for their failure  Wink

A cashless society = 100% bankers/government financial control over you.  Not a "good" citizen, then they freeze your account leaving you penniless.

Anyone who supports scrapping cash and moving fully to digital currency is an idiot that doesn't fully understand the implications.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:26:24 AM

I barely use cash anymore. I pay nearly 95% of all my purchases with my bank card. Some times when I go to the bazaar to buy things as fruit I must pay with cash as they don't have hardware to let customers pay electronically. I think the need for cash in a well developed country is low. If you look at Africa or other parts of the world where you find less developed countries, they have no other option than to use cash money.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 08:34:16 AM

Leaving apart from some country where bitcoin is accepted other country are still not accepting bitcoin and considered as illegal, and Cash cannot be outdated. cash is the source of any income, most of the countrys where bitcoin is not accepted they convert the bitcoin to fiat currency and use it.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:46:04 AM

No cash will not be outdated soon or coundn't be replaced completely with digital currency. There are lots of underdeveloped countries where citizens even don't know how to do transaction via bank.
tn211

Activity: 778
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:13:39 AM

No cash will not be outdated soon or coundn't be replaced completely with digital currency. There are lots of underdeveloped countries where citizens even don't know how to do transaction via bank.

No it's not,nor will it ever become obsolute. People are just usted to have used cash. Surely online payments gateways are nice and growing, but in the end
cash (something you can hold gives you security.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:20:02 AM

I think in the future you might be right, but i think that there are a lot of people who still dont have access to the web.  these people still need cash.  Grin
iamthesky

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:44:12 AM

I think in the future you might be right, but i think that there are a lot of people who still dont have access to the web.  these people still need cash.  Grin

Yeah, cash will never get outdated and it will always be in demand, and it will get support from the people who doesn't believe in new technology and will keep on spending cash.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: