Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOdlcoin CPU Solo Mining Guide  (Read 32780 times)
lxxl

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:23:10 PM

any tip how to go best on 2x E5-2650 v2 and 64gb ram ?

on default settings i have around 450-480 h/s
with hodlcoin-qt.exe -gen=2 -minermemory=8 -genproclimit=32 -gen

HPS56
Miners: 8
Threads: 32

so its the same like on default coz 8x56 = 448 but what 4 x more chance to catch the block right ?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:00:57 PM

HPS56

so its the same like on default coz 8x56 = 448 but what 4 x more chance to catch the block right ?

Why 4x?
Again, I advise against using more than 1gb memory as you'll increase the chance of orphans and be hash wasting for many seconds after each new block.

lxxl

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:55:33 PM

HPS56

Why 4x?
Again, I advise against using more than 1gb memory as you'll increase the chance of orphans and be hash wasting for many seconds after each new block.

coz its 4 miners x 55 h/s
but right let me test on default mem alocation

thx
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:21:43 PM

HPS56

Why 4x?

thx

There is no four anywhere.
You are actually running a total of 8x32 threads.
Not sure why gen=2. It is a boolean flag.
Speed is "the one in the logs" x minermemory, or the one reported on getmininginfo if you have a recent wallet.

lxxl

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:55:37 AM

HPS56

Why 4x?

thx

There is no four anywhere.
You are actually running a total of 8x32 threads.
Not sure why gen=2. It is a boolean flag.
Speed is "the one in the logs" x minermemory, or the one reported on getmininginfo if you have a recent wallet.

thx mate for explanation =]
ghobson

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

Crypto Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:00:25 PM

Great guide, worked flawlessly for me.

Thank you.

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
ghobson

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

Crypto Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:10:31 PM

HPS56

whats the power usage on that setup ? Smiley

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:40:09 AM

I am confused about how mining from the wallet works with regard to addresses. If you do not set the miningaddress=yourwalletaddresshere in the hodlcoin.conf config file, mined coins appear to go into a random address not listed in the receiving addresses. How exactly does this work?

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:54:19 AM

I am confused about how mining from the wallet works with regard to addresses. If you do not set the miningaddress=yourwalletaddresshere in the hodlcoin.conf config file, mined coins appear to go into a random address not listed in the receiving addresses. How exactly does this work?

Solo mining works like that on most coins: a new address is generated for every mined block.

in2tactics

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:25:23 AM

Solo mining works like that on most coins: a new address is generated for every mined block.

Does it pull an address from my key pool?

Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
samsmith16 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:00:17 AM

Yep when you mined a block solo mining without specifying an address.. It will take one from your key pool

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
in2tactics

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:47:39 AM

Yep when you mined a block solo mining without specifying an address.. It will take one from your key pool

I only found it confusing because the address does not show up under "Receiving addresses..." and I would have thought it would do that.

samsmith16 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 07:00:16 AM

I only found it confusing because the address does not show up under "Receiving addresses..." and I would have thought it would do that.

You have 100 key pairs in your keypool at any given time.. unless you change the default settings.. anyway these keypairs remain out of sight until needed.. They are needed when you request a new address.. when you have change from an output come back to you.. when you mine a block.. but every time you take one you get an new one added to the pool.. sort of like beer in a cooler.. when you take one out put another one in..

Royalties
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:42:49 AM

hi there newbie question here, is it possible to mine hold even w/out actual coin in stake?
just downloaded the wallet and start the mining base from the tutorials just want to confirm
if even w/out any coin inside the wallet this mining will work.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:05:50 AM

hi there newbie question here, is it possible to mine hold even w/out actual coin in stake?
just downloaded the wallet and start the mining base from the tutorials just want to confirm

Sure, why wouldn't it? It's a proof of work coin, so you can just start mining.
It's true that the main thread says you'll collect intrest on the coins you hold in your wallet, but that's something completely different than mining.
in2tactics

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:07:27 AM

You have 100 key pairs in your keypool at any given time.. unless you change the default settings.. anyway these keypairs remain out of sight until needed.. They are needed when you request a new address.. when you have change from an output come back to you.. when you mine a block.. but every time you take one you get an new one added to the pool.. sort of like beer in a cooler.. when you take one out put another one in..

@samsmith16  Thank you. That was a great explanation. Although, I did already know all of that information. Wink I was not sure what key was used for new blocks. I had thought correctly, as you have confirmed, that it would come from the key pool, but I had expected to see the address in "Receiving addresses..." when the block was found. I was mostly confused by the, "why is it not listed there?" That made me question what I thought I understood.

@arseaboy  You can mine with your wallet. You can only earn interest on money you already have in your wallet.

shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:47:46 AM

so in this scenario both mining and staking is different from each other mate? i also have same question luckily I seen this question and realize that mining and staking can be done both from the wallet, so with or without hold coin inside of the wallet just simply make it run to your computer start the mining option base from the tutorial and leave it running you will get possible earning am I getting it correctly? and do you also have any tutorial on how to do it using a pool?

in2tactics

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:13:16 AM

so in this scenario both mining and staking is different from each other mate? i also have same question luckily I seen this question and realize that mining and staking can be done both from the wallet, so with or without hold coin inside of the wallet just simply make it run to your computer start the mining option base from the tutorial and leave it running you will get possible earning am I getting it correctly? and do you also have any tutorial on how to do it using a pool?

HOdlcoin is not a staking coin. Staking is a form of mining for coins that work that way, but HOdlcoin pays interest similar to the way a bank pays interest for money in a savings account.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:39:15 PM

In the hodlcoin-qt app, there is a "solo mining" menu under Mining.
Selecting this would do also solo mining?
Instead of using the "hodlcoin-qt.exe -gen=2 -minermemory=8 -genproclimit=4 -gen"?
I am running AMD FX 8 core with 16GB RAM.

Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
samsmith16 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:26:16 PM

In the hodlcoin-qt app, there is a "solo mining" menu under Mining.
Selecting this would do also solo mining?
Instead of using the "hodlcoin-qt.exe -gen=2 -minermemory=8 -genproclimit=4 -gen"?
I am running AMD FX 8 core with 16GB RAM.

Thanks

yep you can solo with the drop down and will use all 8 mining threads and 1gb of ram.. its set to use all available threads and only 1 gb of ram

I should probably post this on the OP

Here a simple video I did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7CUiORCZGY

Royalties
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: