Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:27:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of buy-ethereum.com... Totally SCAM!  (Read 395 times)
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:10:29 PM

I searched on Google to purchase some Ethers... and found this website on first page. Tried to search about it a bit, but couldn't find any result so decided to just purchase one of Ethers. So I sent the $10 worth BTC and guess what? Nothing received at all... Contacted them but no reply. Totally shamelessly scamming website, literally! Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hananl1styo

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:25:27 AM

I searched on Google to purchase some Ethers... and found this website on first page. Tried to search about it a bit, but couldn't find any result so decided to just purchase one of Ethers. So I sent the $10 worth BTC and guess what? Nothing received at all... Contacted them but no reply. Totally shamelessly scamming website, literally! Tongue

why do not you try to use exchange cryptocoin, there is safer to buy or sell, for example bittrex.com, or poloniex.com, and why do not you ask someone in advance on the website?. I hope you can get your ethereum!
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:33:30 PM

why do not you try to use exchange cryptocoin, there is safer to buy or sell, for example bittrex.com, or poloniex.com, and why do not you ask someone in advance on the website?. I hope you can get your ethereum!

ShapeShift.io - I used it and it worked like a charm. Got 6 ethers from my bitcoin!
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:31:15 PM

Best to avoid sites like that, pretty sure that 90%+ are scams. The more popular coins become the bigger the amount of people who want to take advantage of the hype. The best way to get the coins you want is to use an exchange or service that has good reputation and a solid track record (it does not make it 100% safe but it is very very close to it). Just go by the idea that if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is Smiley
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:01:20 PM

Best to avoid sites like that, pretty sure that 90%+ are scams. The more popular coins become the bigger the amount of people who want to take advantage of the hype. The best way to get the coins you want is to use an exchange or service that has good reputation and a solid track record (it does not make it 100% safe but it is very very close to it). Just go by the idea that if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is Smiley

Well ShapeShift.io seems very good to me. Instant exchanges and most of the cryptocurrencies are included in the list. Very less fee. But anyways, from now on I will do much more research before sending my BTC to anyone. As recently, I've been scammed here as well in exchanges two times... making an amount of 0.22 BTC overall.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: