Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopay: A Central Entry Point to a Decentralised World  (Read 78856 times)
cryptopay_support (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:13:58 PM

Don't trust them.  They're a scam.  I filled out the documents for their card, and then sent bitcoin.  Their response was that I was a US citizen and that it was in their terms that they can't serve Americans, so they are keeping the $70 expedite plastic card + expedite fee I sent them.

I wrote them back and their response was again the same.  Filled out the form, but you're supposed to know that they can't serve US citizens and they will keep any money you send to them.  They refused the refund.  Here was their only response:

We can only offer a promo code for a free card (not express delivery). I am sorry that you've encountered this situation, but it is stated in our terms that we are unable to provide services to the US residents/citizens.
Best regards,
Olga Savelyeva

This was the second time they said it in email.  The first time they immediately used that "it is stated in our terms that we are unable to provide services to the US residents/citizens.", so they're using this canned phrase to burn all the US citizens who send them bitcoin. 

Stay away from them.  They're dishonest and crooked.  Lost $70.  I accept it as the price for learning about a scam.

Prothius

Hello! The situation you are describing could have never happened if you checked out the User Agreement before putting a tick in the checkbox in the card order form. It is there for a reason. The paragraph where we state that our services aren't available for the USA due to the financial regulation and digital currencies policy is marked in red as IMPORTANT https://cryptopay.me/legal and is hard to miss.
Moreover, it is impossible to select the US as a billing country in the card order form. So, you must have ordered the card to an invalid or fake billing address in one of the supported countries and the card order has been processed. This is the only case I can think of when you could have been refused a refund. Otherwise, if the order was still being processed, our support agents could have canceled it and made a full payment refund to your Cryptopay wallet upon your request. Please contact us via the live chat or email (support@cryptopay.me) should you need any further clarifications. Thanks.

We are creating a seamless bridge between crypto and conventional assets
Join us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Prothius187

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:46:23 PM

Don't trust them.  They're a scam.  I filled out the documents for their card, and then sent bitcoin.  Their response was that I was a US citizen and that it was in their terms that they can't serve Americans, so they are keeping the $70 expedite plastic card + expedite fee I sent them.

I wrote them back and their response was again the same.  Filled out the form, but you're supposed to know that they can't serve US citizens and they will keep any money you send to them.  They refused the refund.  Here was their only response:

We can only offer a promo code for a free card (not express delivery). I am sorry that you've encountered this situation, but it is stated in our terms that we are unable to provide services to the US residents/citizens.
Best regards,
Olga Savelyeva

This was the second time they said it in email.  The first time they immediately used that "it is stated in our terms that we are unable to provide services to the US residents/citizens.", so they're using this canned phrase to burn all the US citizens who send them bitcoin.  

Stay away from them.  They're dishonest and crooked.  Lost $70.  I accept it as the price for learning about a scam.

Prothius

They are not crooks. They correctly and appropriately responded to an American who was too idiotic and illiterate to understand the simple phrase "Americans are not welcome".

Americans are not being burned by Cryptopay. Ask your own government about their over-pregnant policies about meddling in the financial affairs of Americans which is why most financial institutions beyond the borders of the United States would rather not deal with such cumbersome bureaucracy.

You're just feeling so hurt and mentally traumatized by the fact that cards issued outside the U.S. are off limits to American citizens. Get over it. The rest of the world are equally ineligible to open accounts in the U.S. without a valid SSN or TIN. An eye for an eye.

hahaha, you're a good shill for them.  They are crooks.   There are still laws about how payments can be accepted by credit issuing organizations, and one fact is that if they accept payment for a good or service, and they can't provide it, then they must refund the money.  No matter how you justify what they're doing by saying that American's are just screwed by our own government, the reality is that this organization is just fine in allowing a person to register and try to verify, where I also identify myself as an American, and then accept money from us and then, immediately, tell me I don't qualify and they're not returning my money.  This is completely crooked.  You can't justify it, and if you try, then you obviously have an incentive to protect said behavior.

I recommend all Americans citizens avoid this company like the plague unless you just want to be taken by them.  The good news is I also filled out an application with Wagecan, and I have already received approval and my card is on the way.

The immoral behavior from this company will also tell you what will happen to you in the future.  One of the tests I use to determine who to do business with is how they act during times like this and the types of policies they enforce.  It's obvious this company doesn't care about the customers, and if given 'any' opportunity, they will screw them.

Buyer be warned.
Prothius187

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:56:09 PM

Don't trust them.  They're a scam.  I filled out the documents for their card, and then sent bitcoin.  Their response was that I was a US citizen and that it was in their terms that they can't serve Americans, so they are keeping the $70 expedite plastic card + expedite fee I sent them.

I wrote them back and their response was again the same.  Filled out the form, but you're supposed to know that they can't serve US citizens and they will keep any money you send to them.  They refused the refund.  Here was their only response:

Best regards,
Olga Savelyeva

This was the second time they said it in email.  The first time they immediately used that "it is stated in our terms that we are unable to provide services to the US residents/citizens.", so they're using this canned phrase to burn all the US citizens who send them bitcoin. 

Stay away from them.  They're dishonest and crooked.  Lost $70.  I accept it as the price for learning about a scam.

Prothius

Hello! The situation you are describing could have never happened if you checked out the User Agreement before putting a tick in the checkbox in the card order form. It is there for a reason. The paragraph where we state that our services aren't available for the USA due to the financial regulation and digital currencies policy is marked in red as IMPORTANT https://cryptopay.me/legal and is hard to miss.
Moreover, it is impossible to select the US as a billing country in the card order form. So, you must have ordered the card to an invalid or fake billing address in one of the supported countries and the card order has been processed. This is the only case I can think of when you could have been refused a refund. Otherwise, if the order was still being processed, our support agents could have canceled it and made a full payment refund to your Cryptopay wallet upon your request. Please contact us via the live chat or email (support@cryptopay.me) should you need any further clarifications. Thanks.

And why isn't this on that registration page overtly?  Because you hope that some people will register and then pay you, and you can keep the funds.  Which is exactly what you did.  If you cannot provide cards to Americans, then you should tell us on the registration page.  Where have you declared this?  No where except if someone clicks into the terms of service and reads the entire thing to find where you've hidden it.  No matter how you justify this behavior, you could easily have your website 'identify' customers from the US and simply turn them away.  Instead, you've chosen a crooked way to do business. 

Here's a suggestion, which only takes a couple minutes of your time.  Go to your website and add a line on the first page of the registration, "Sorry, we don't accept any US citizens, as our card issuer isn't allowed to issue to you".  Very easy, takes very little time, but instead you're accepting money and screwing as many Americans as you can sucker while we very quickly try to solve a problem for ourselves.  You are preying on people.  You can't justify what you're doing, because it is easily fixed by adding a couple lines of text on your website.  Or you could add a box that says "I'm not an American" to allow registration, but instead you're relying on the old bait 'n switch tactics used by crooked organizations.  You didn't identify the issue, and you blame the customer for not reading terms of service about whether you accept American customers.

Again, the ONLY response from you is that you have it in your 'terms of service'.  What a feeble excuse.  Announce your real intentions on your main webpage, so everyone can understand you provide no service to Americans, and stop taking money from people that you can't serve.

This is no different than me setting up a webpage to provide a certain good, and then when you buy it from me, I claim that "in my terms of service, I said that I cannot serve people from XXX country", sorry so now I'll keep your money because you didn't read it. 

That is a completely unethical way of going about your business.  You obviously prefer this business model, as the VERY FIRST email I received from you, was that statement.  So funny, how quickly you sent that to me, so you could keep the money.

As I said, I'll accept the loss of $70 as my lesson that your company is completely unethical business-wise. 

Again, for all people who are thinking about this company....Buyers beware.  If they change their terms of service, then you're next and without disclosing anything to you, because....of course....you're at fault for not noticing and sending them money.
Prothius187

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:59:14 AM

Best regards,
Olga Savelyeva

Prothius

In response to what you said here:

Moreover, it is impossible to select the US as a billing country in the card order form. So, you must have ordered the card to an invalid or fake billing address in one of the supported countries and the card order has been processed. This is the only case I can think of when you could have been refused a refund. Otherwise, if the order was still being processed, our support agents could have canceled it and made a full payment refund to your Cryptopay wallet upon your request.

Your agents didn't offer a refund, and I asked her for one.  I'm an American living abroad in China.  Did you not think of this?  There are many Americans living in other countries.  So in reality, what you're admitting to is a lie.  When your agent realized that I was living in China, and in fact I wrote an email to her stating why did they deny me, because I'm living in China, she gave me that unethical response from you.

I wrote an email last week stating:

Also, you do realize that I don't live in the US?  I live in China...

And another email I sent: 

Otherwise, you need to refund me for my plastic card, and expedited delivery and for my virtual card. I paid both of these using bitcoin. You will need to refund my bitcoin, so that I can draw this money out.

The response was:

I regret to inform you that we are not licenced to offer services to the US residents or citizens, which is stated in our terms and conditions. That is the reason why we were forced to deny your verification, as well as to suspend your plastic card and cancel a virtual card order. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Again, you did NOT refund me after the request.  In fact, you merely stated, again, that you were keeping the money because I didn't find in the terms of service where it stated this.  You trying to convince people that you're not scamming them isn't true.  All of my verification paperwork I sent to you showed and proved I lived in China, and yet you still just used the same excuse.  The reasoning is so you can keep the money. 

If you weren't trying to be dishonest, then do a refund to my account and I will confirm it here.  Your admission above that your agents would have 'refunded me' and you trying to say I scammed you with incorrect information is fraudulent.  I can prove what I sent to you is accurate data, and I can prove you haven't refunded me.

The facts presented from you already are:

1.  You don't accept Americans
2.  If the application was accurate, your agents would have noticed and refunded the money

You did none of the above.  You didn't identify immediately that you don't accept Americans, even those living abroad who are NOT in America.  I know the limitation for this, but many of us are living/working abroad and haven't had issues with this in the past.  I know America limits deliveries of these debit cards there, as I was a customer of Wirex for years and they sent my cards to China.  Secondly, my application was accurate, and yet you lied that your agents would have refunded me.  They never did.  I identified to them that I live in China and what was the problem.  When they told me, I asked for a refund clearly, and instead of refunding, you scammed me and kept the money.

That is the truth, there is no exaggeration my part.  I paid you in good faith, I sent you accurate information about me, and you've chosen to simply keep the money.  If you're not a scam, then arrange to have my bitcoin returned to me through your agents.  I will update my posts here if you do it.

If you don't....then everything is exactly as I have stated about you.
Bahenbit

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:49:40 AM

Don't trust them.  They're a scam.  I filled out the documents for their card, and then sent bitcoin.  Their response was that I was a US citizen and that it was in their terms that they can't serve Americans, so they are keeping the $70 expedite plastic card + expedite fee I sent them.

I wrote them back and their response was again the same.  Filled out the form, but you're supposed to know that they can't serve US citizens and they will keep any money you send to them.  They refused the refund.  Here was their only response:

Best regards,
Olga Savelyeva

This was the second time they said it in email.  The first time they immediately used that "it is stated in our terms that we are unable to provide services to the US residents/citizens.", so they're using this canned phrase to burn all the US citizens who send them bitcoin.  

Stay away from them.  They're dishonest and crooked.  Lost $70.  I accept it as the price for learning about a scam.

Prothius

In response to what you said here:

Moreover, it is impossible to select the US as a billing country in the card order form. So, you must have ordered the card to an invalid or fake billing address in one of the supported countries and the card order has been processed. This is the only case I can think of when you could have been refused a refund. Otherwise, if the order was still being processed, our support agents could have canceled it and made a full payment refund to your Cryptopay wallet upon your request.

Your agents didn't offer a refund, and I asked her for one.  I'm an American living abroad in China.  Did you not think of this?  There are many Americans living in other countries.  So in reality, what you're admitting to is a lie.  When your agent realized that I was living in China, and in fact I wrote an email to her stating why did they deny me, because I'm living in China, she gave me that unethical response from you.

I wrote an email last week stating:

Also, you do realize that I don't live in the US?  I live in China...

And another email I sent:  

Otherwise, you need to refund me for my plastic card, and expedited delivery and for my virtual card. I paid both of these using bitcoin. You will need to refund my bitcoin, so that I can draw this money out.

The response was:

I regret to inform you that we are not licenced to offer services to the US residents or citizens, which is stated in our terms and conditions. That is the reason why we were forced to deny your verification, as well as to suspend your plastic card and cancel a virtual card order. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Again, you did NOT refund me after the request.  In fact, you merely stated, again, that you were keeping the money because I didn't find in the terms of service where it stated this.  You trying to convince people that you're not scamming them isn't true.  All of my verification paperwork I sent to you showed and proved I lived in China, and yet you still just used the same excuse.  The reasoning is so you can keep the money.  

If you weren't trying to be dishonest, then do a refund to my account and I will confirm it here.  Your admission above that your agents would have 'refunded me' and you trying to say I scammed you with incorrect information is fraudulent.  I can prove what I sent to you is accurate data, and I can prove you haven't refunded me.

The facts presented from you already are:

1.  You don't accept Americans
2.  If the application was accurate, your agents would have noticed and refunded the money

You did none of the above.  You didn't identify immediately that you don't accept Americans, even those living abroad who are NOT in America.  I know the limitation for this, but many of us are living/working abroad and haven't had issues with this in the past.  I know America limits deliveries of these debit cards there, as I was a customer of Wirex for years and they sent my cards to China.  Secondly, my application was accurate, and yet you lied that your agents would have refunded me.  They never did.  I identified to them that I live in China and what was the problem.  When they told me, I asked for a refund clearly, and instead of refunding, you scammed me and kept the money.

That is the truth, there is no exaggeration my part.  I paid you in good faith, I sent you accurate information about me, and you've chosen to simply keep the money.  If you're not a scam, then arrange to have my bitcoin returned to me through your agents.  I will update my posts here if you do it.

If you don't....then everything is exactly as I have stated about you.

WaveCrest:

Sorry, we do not provide our services to US citizens and residents of the USA whether located on US territories or abroad.

We do not offer any of our services to US citizens and permanent residents.

We reserve the right to monitor and block registration from the USA and/or from US citizens and residents located on US territories or abroad.

We reserve the right to block any account without prior warning should we have a suspicion that a person or a business is trying
to provide misleading informationwith the purpose of concealing their US location or affiliation.

Bahenbit

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:07:21 AM

to cryptopay_support

virtual Mcard issuer is PSI Pay Ltd., UK. ?

What is the limit for an unverified account for virtual Mcard?
Will it work without restrictions on payment for goods or services online?
(paypal, skrill, ebay, neteller)

Ths.
Prothius187

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:31:17 AM

Best regards,
Olga Savelyeva

Prothius

I have made another request for a refund from you based on your feedback here that there is no reason you wouldn't refund me.  I will report here in the forums your response.  If you're not using unethical business methods, then you now have every chance to rectify this situation...I look forward to seeing your response in email.
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:37:53 PM

Hi! You will receive a new MasterCard if you apply now. The promo code is still valid. Would you like to get one?

May I ask if Cryptopay card promo codes are still available? If yes, then how can I receive one to apply for card with it?

Prothius187

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:14:27 PM

Best regards,
Olga Savelyeva

Prothius

I have made another request for a refund from you based on your feedback here that there is no reason you wouldn't refund me.  I will report here in the forums your response.  If you're not using unethical business methods, then you now have every chance to rectify this situation...I look forward to seeing your response in email.

Update on Cryptopay.me response:  They contacted me to explain that there had been a misunderstanding.  They have refunded the money I provided to them in full, and I have already received the bitcoin back.  Their system is actually quite fast in processing bitcoin withdrawals.
spatifilium

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:04:13 PM

I read the news about ICO.
How much is price per token?
As for visa cards how long it will be in circulation?
I do not have a scanner can I take picture of my documents for verification? Whether it is possible to upload.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

I read the news about ICO.
How much is price per token?
As for visa cards how long it will be in circulation?
I do not have a scanner can I take picture of my documents for verification? Whether it is possible to upload.

Their MyChoice visa cards are issued by Wave Crest which has since been acquired by and merged to Visa International. The cards are valid until 15th October 2017. On that day, all MyChoice visa cards issued to non-EU residents will cease to be valid. Visa intends to restrict MyChoice usage to those who live within the EU only (plus Israel and Turkey).

Cryptopay is transitioning to a MasterCard system. The transition is an immediate one so you can apply for this card now. When fully verified, you can purchase their card. As for non-verified accounts, I am not aware of their limits or if they even allow it for the new card. Check with their staff. They can give you a more authoritative answer about this.

I have been using Cryptopay's Wave Crest visa card since mid-2016 and have only good things to say about it.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2843

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:01:24 PM

Hello, I'm having trouble with verification. I sent you a private message because my emails to support have been unanswered for over a week.
Addisonbt

Activity: 407

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:31:19 AM

please promo code via

virtual Mastercard, I'm outside EU

Virtual cards are also issue PSI Pay ltd?

Wave Crest will be block, holder Visa virtual card outside EU after Oct 15, 2017
Confirm it.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:16:21 AM

Do you know, how the debitcards will be activated. Via SMS or Email? This question is belonged to unverified account.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:32:09 AM

Do you know, how the debitcards will be activated. Via SMS or Email? This question is belonged to unverified account.

The debit cards are activated within the Cryptopay account (or their app). It's easy and fast. Simply input the last four numbers of the card and activation is complete. Simple and quick.

I received my new Cryptopay card and activated it. It's a black EMV-chipped and contactless (MasterCard PayWave) type of prepaid card. Looks really nice. It has the currency (USD) embossed directly below my name. The even nicer part is having this card with a withdrawal limit of  USD 2k per day coupled with the MyChoice visa card which is still valid until 15 October 2017. The visa card has a separate USD 2k limit. So I could actually withdraw up to USD 4k between now and October 15th. The limits are separate and not shared.

I ordered a virtual card and it is has been pending for quite some time now. Will wait but in the meantime I'm happy with this new plastic card.

Addisonbt

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:37:28 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 03:49:00 AM by Addisonbt

The debit cards are activated within the Cryptopay account (or their app). It's easy and fast. Simply input the last four numbers of the card and activation is complete. Simple and quick.

I received my new Cryptopay card and activated it. It's a black EMV-chipped and contactless (MasterCard PayWave) type of prepaid card. Looks really nice. It has the currency (USD) embossed directly below my name. The even nicer part is having this card with a withdrawal limit of  USD 2k per day coupled with the MyChoice visa card which is still valid until 15 October 2017. The visa card has a separate USD 2k limit. So I could actually withdraw up to USD 4k between now and October 15th. The limits are separate and not shared.

I ordered a virtual card and it is has been pending for quite some time now. Will wait but in the meantime I'm happy with this new plastic card.

Provide PSI Pay BIN for me
hungryzombie

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:56:30 PM

TL;DR whole thread.

Did anyone manage to transfer PayPal to this card successfully? On their website says no guarantee can load using PayPal even after verification??? WTF??? If PayPal load fails even after verifying will the cash be "eaten"??

Is it possible to disable certain "features" of the physical card, like disable that wireless "PayWave" or disable online use so it'll only be as useful as an "ATM card"?
Addisonbt

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:51:17 AM

Is it possible to disable certain "features" of the physical card, like disable that wireless "PayWave" or disable online use so it'll only be as useful as an "ATM card"?

this is in the leupay card

online on/off
ATM card on/off
etc...
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:12:12 PM

Has anyone gotten a vouch yet? I ran into a couple of services like this and one out of three was a scam. I am not saying that yours is I'm just saying that it would be nice to see some confirmation somebody else that this is a proven and working system. I would actually like to see a easy to use and low-fee Bitcoin debit card but I have found this yet. Being in the United States has a lot of restrictions and at the same time the ones we have found at work have very high fees.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
naddor11

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:57:57 PM

Hi, european user, if order now, will receive the plastic card of Visa or Mastercard circuit?

Is still available promo code for free plastic card?

Thanks in advance W_M

Hi! You will receive a new MasterCard if you apply now. The promo code is still valid. Would you like to get one?

Middle east user also same will get master card?
If so can you provide me a Promo code?
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: