Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:01:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase limits...  (Read 5153 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 05:09:38 AM

I was all excited to get my bank verified with coinbase and then I would be able to buy some bitcoin. Then once my bank was verified there is a 10 bitcoin purchase per day! Man, why all these limits? Isn't that what the bank verification is for and then adding my phone for two factor authentication. I was real happy to find out I can just buy bitcoin with my bank account there.

Is there any other place out there like coinbase where I can add my bank account and buy bitcoins like that?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 03:11:15 PM

I was all excited to get my bank verified with coinbase and then I would be able to buy some bitcoin. Then once my bank was verified there is a 10 bitcoin purchase per day! Man, why all these limits? Isn't that what the bank verification is for and then adding my phone for two factor authentication. I was real happy to find out I can just buy bitcoin with my bank account there.

Is there any other place out there like coinbase where I can add my bank account and buy bitcoins like that?
Virwox is pretty easy to buy bitcoins on.  Except you pay, like, 10% commission if you add them all together (and can't buy in decimals, lol).

i've got 1200 linden whatevers if someone wants to give me like .25 bitcoins for them

i think you may have to have a second life account, though
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 07:50:58 PM

Head to The Rock Trading's ATMs in Buttermere. Also register at their website.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 07:52:25 PM

The coinbase limit goes up to 100BTC after you are fully verified.  I believe that involves waiting 30 days after your first purchase:

http://blog.coinbase.com/post/40233239772/you-can-now-buy-up-to-100-btc-per-day-with-a-verified

I think they are planning to roll out higher limits at some point, too.

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

The coinbase limit goes up to 100BTC after you are fully verified.  I believe that involves waiting 30 days after your first purchase:

http://blog.coinbase.com/post/40233239772/you-can-now-buy-up-to-100-btc-per-day-with-a-verified

They also completely moderate their support forum they have on their website. I posted a question regarding the limits and it was removed. Not even a response. They want me to buy 10 bitcoin, wait 30 days with my money in their account?? What are they nuts? What kind of people would use a service like that? They're basically sucking in people's money, using it themselves for 30 days. I suggest, STAY AWAY from a place like that.

I'll just use Tangible Crypto to get my coins. I've tried to deal with many other ways to buy bitcoins and you can even compare any of them to Tangible. They are just too good.

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 03:36:57 AM

They also completely moderate their support forum they have on their website. I posted a question regarding the limits and it was removed. Not even a response. They want me to buy 10 bitcoin, wait 30 days with my money in their account?? What are they nuts? What kind of people would use a service like that? They're basically sucking in people's money, using it themselves for 30 days. I suggest, STAY AWAY from a place like that.

I'll just use Tangible Crypto to get my coins. I've tried to deal with many other ways to buy bitcoins and you can even compare any of them to Tangible. They are just too good.

What is Tangible Crypto?   Better than bank wire transfers?   Grin
Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 04:42:00 PM

They want me to buy 10 bitcoin, wait 30 days with my money in their account?? What are they nuts? What kind of people would use a service like that?

I don't think there's a requirement that you keep the money in your coinbase wallet during the 30 days.  I'm pretty sure you can spend it.  I certainly haven't read that anywhere.

I think the requirement is just that 30 days after your first transaction, you are considered verified, and you can now go up to a limit of 100 BTC.

If you posted on their forum calling them nuts, I can see why they removed your post.

deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:50:31 PM

That is not the case.  You really should try reading carefully.  Or at all. 

deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

They are a new business and they are in BETA.  After 30 days your limit will be 100 buy/1000 sell.

Again, RTFM.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:52:11 PM

Definitely not the case. Very impressed with coinbase service thus far.

jbis1

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:32:36 PM

You have access to the 10 bitcoins during the 30 days. You can send the bitcoins to an external address if you wish. The limits are per day, so you can just make purchases over the course of multiple days. That is what I did before my limits were raised.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 07:16:39 PM

They want me to buy 10 bitcoin, wait 30 days with my money in their account?? What are they nuts? What kind of people would use a service like that?

I don't think there's a requirement that you keep the money in your coinbase wallet during the 30 days.  I'm pretty sure you can spend it.  I certainly haven't read that anywhere.

I think the requirement is just that 30 days after your first transaction, you are considered verified, and you can now go up to a limit of 100 BTC.

If you posted on their forum calling them nuts, I can see why they removed your post.

Calling them nuts? Who said that? I asked about their limits and why there were limits. The least they could have done was respond in kind with some kind of answer. Anything. Apparently if the question/answer is not in their favor, on to the next one. Just because they don't like the question shouldn't give them the excuse to not answer it.

Everyone tells me to read, but read what? The only thing I see about limits is on their page and it says,

"Are there any limits in place?

Yes, the maximum you can buy or sell right now is $100 USD per user, per day.  This is a low limit just so we can keep an eye on things as we ramp up, and make sure we have all the right systems in place to prevent abuse.  We’ll raise this limit over the coming months."

If you think that encapsulates and answers all the questions people have, I really don't think so. They could have least elaborated a little on that since their whole presence there is based on buying/selling bitcoin. They spent the least amount of energy explaining the most important topic I think. Seriously, maybe I missed the memo or some other obscure hard finding document on their page. Since everyone here is well versed and very informative about how coinbase works, please send me the URL that explains all of this I'd love to read it.

I'm always the negative type of questioner. Most people on a forum are too intimidated or afraid to question things that will prompt a hostile response, but unfortunately sometimes that is the only way things get answered. If I tip toe around, trying to be politically correct all the time, trying not to offend everyone's sensitive personality nothing would come out of it. Also, if you get upset and respond to someone's post/question or opinion on something in a hostile manner, you may need a break and chill out a little or as my grandfather would say, get laid.

coqui33

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 10:16:32 PM

Jeez, opentoe, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. Smiley

Armed Citizens and the Law -- NRA-certified firearms instructor
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 10:29:47 PM

Calling them nuts? Who said that? I asked about their limits and why there were limits. The least they could have done was respond in kind with some kind of answer. Anything. Apparently if the question/answer is not in their favor, on to the next one. Just because they don't like the question shouldn't give them the excuse to not answer it.

Everyone tells me to read, but read what? The only thing I see about limits is on their page and it says,

Yes, the maximum you can buy or sell right now is $100 USD per user, per day.  This is a low limit just so we can keep an eye on things as we ramp up, and make sure we have all the right systems in place to prevent abuse.  We’ll raise this limit over the coming months."

If you think that encapsulates and answers all the questions people have, I really don't think so. They could have least elaborated a little on that since their whole presence there is based on buying/selling bitcoin. They spent the least amount of energy explaining the most important topic I think. Seriously, maybe I missed the memo or some other obscure hard finding document on their page. Since everyone here is well versed and very informative about how coinbase works, please send me the URL that explains all of this I'd love to read it.

I'm always the negative type of questioner. Most people on a forum are too intimidated or afraid to question things that will prompt a hostile response, but unfortunately sometimes that is the only way things get answered. If I tip toe around, trying to be politically correct all the time, trying not to offend everyone's sensitive personality nothing would come out of it. Also, if you get upset and respond to someone's post/question or opinion on something in a hostile manner, you may need a break and chill out a little or as my grandfather would say, get laid.

Heh.  You can only buy 10 btc a day, and you will have access to them once the bank transfer completes.

Then, 30 days after your first purchase, your limit will be raised to 100 btc a day.  They don't keep the 10 btc or anything.

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 06:13:46 PM

Heh.  You can only buy 10 btc a day, and you will have access to them once the bank transfer completes.

Then, 30 days after your first purchase, your limit will be raised to 100 btc a day.  They don't keep the 10 btc or anything.

And how do you know this? I don't see this information anywhere? This is why I asked. Apparently asking them doesn't prompt a response and if they don't even have a presence here on the forums it might not be worth to use them at all. What if I have a real issue down the road with a lot of money on the line, where will support be at that time? How a company operates at the beginning stages is just a vision of how they will continue to operate down the road. I suggest to just be cautious with this one.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:07:33 PM

And how do you know this? I don't see this information anywhere?
https://coinbase.com/verifications
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:15:44 PM

I guess people are just losing my point here. Of course it says there is a 10btc limit. You of course can't see that until you sign up. Then finding the information to raise that limit or have that increased isn't published.

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 12:22:19 AM

I guess people are just losing my point here. Of course it says there is a 10btc limit. You of course can't see that until you sign up. Then finding the information to raise that limit or have that increased isn't published.

Actually, I linked all that stuff for you to read further up in this thread.  You can read all of it without a coinbase account, I think.

debianlinux

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 12:37:30 AM

This thread appears to be a FUD campaign against Coinbase.

I signed up with them completely ignorant of practically all things Bitcoin. I had no issues understanding the limits prior to signing up. I had no issues purchasing Bitcoins. I've had no issues whatsoever.

But then, I do this thing called due diligence. And for those time I don't do the due diligence I get butthurt at myself not the other guy.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 03:04:15 AM

This thread appears to be a FUD campaign against Coinbase.

I signed up with them completely ignorant of practically all things Bitcoin. I had no issues understanding the limits prior to signing up. I had no issues purchasing Bitcoins. I've had no issues whatsoever.

But then, I do this thing called due diligence. And for those time I don't do the due diligence I get butthurt at myself not the other guy.

And for some reason no one has been able to point to the URL that explains all this information that everyone seems to know here. If you had no issues with the limits prior to signing up then you apparently had no questions about or don't care. I've just browsed their entire site and still can't find anything regarding the details. If Coinbase is around, then please send us the URL on this information. Having people just blart out that they know about it and have no problems is great, but if you don't have the details from Coinbase themselves it doesn't really mean much.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: