Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: SendMeBitcoin - Share your Bitcoin address! [Beta - Need feedback!]  (Read 879 times)
Art3mis (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 03:54:27 PM

Send Me Bitcoin is a free service where you can create your own bitcoin donation/payment link which you can share to your friends and customers.

The site is completely free and without ads. It's currently in Beta, and I'm interested in getting some feedback regarding it.

- What should the name be?
- Feature suggestions?
- Theme/Outlay suggestions?

Site link (temporary): http://btc.bbo.yt/

Thanks in advance! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:02:27 PM

I think sendmebit.com or sendmebitco.in will be good other alternatives if you are willing to add other coins also than sendmeco.in will superb.
Good luck.
Art3mis (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:06:40 PM

I think sendmebit.com or sendmebitco.in will be good other alternatives if you are willing to add other coins also than sendmeco.in will superb.
Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions! Smiley Will take a look.
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:07:51 AM

-> You have a great looking site Layout ( dynamic style  Wink )
-> You should add the function that shows the Button code so that it becomes easy for the user to embed it on his page.

nickaizoku

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:55:50 PM

if this implement with other alt coin would be great too, yep you have made very clean and simple site which is very impressive.
when this site will release? is this site just for on share bitcoin address? but i dont really get it, how its work actually.

Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 02:03:22 PM

Well tried nice tool to get donations but need more security. I thing If you are a owner then you r no giving big deal. As I know it need more security and main domain.

I checked for main domain some of links shorted there also see beautiful girl sketch.

Well anyone wanna donate see my link http://btc.bbo.yt/r/?id=10 here

When I checked for other number there some are missing.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 02:10:16 PM

I just checked out your site, and did a mock "campaign" if you will (http://btc.bbo.yt/r/?id=11). I was surprised at how amazingly simple this was! Are you planning on attaching an interface that allows users to track their campaigns?

Or maybe just a simple "Share this campaign" section (a small section) at the very bottom of the page that has the URL of the page, as well as a "Copy to Clipboard" feature?

All in all, what a great concept! How about fundbit.org as a name?

Digitalbitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 02:50:54 PM

Well how about http://sendmebit.co.in I just hv reserved this domain to avail your facility of sending bitcoin to particular address in future.
sellcollateral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:54:17 PM

Looks nice, but i'm a bit scared of making a page with my address... After all, you could change the entered address at will.

In other words, it would be possible for you to see which pages are most frequently opened, and randomly enter your own address on these pages from time to time Wink

I'm not calling this a scam, i'm just pointing out a possible flaw in the system.

An option would be to pass a hash of the address as argument instead of an integer. That way a donator could verify the address before sending?
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:17:37 PM

is the service going to be like ChangeTip which operates on reddit and other platforms like twitch,...?

i mean is it going to be direct bitcoin transaction or is it ofchain?

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:28:54 PM

The site is nothing unique to me.
What it does is to create a QR code based on the amount you are requesting.

It also uses this protocol bitcoin:1SoumyadbsfCGsSekYdgAkWpGZM3WSaxt to send bitcoin to a particular address when clicking the send payment button but it does not mention the amount to be sent there which the sender have to enter manually.

And this nifty feature already available on Blockchain.info.

Art3mis (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:59:54 PM

The site is nothing unique to me.
What it does is to create a QR code based on the amount you are requesting.

It also uses this protocol bitcoin:1SoumyadbsfCGsSekYdgAkWpGZM3WSaxt to send bitcoin to a particular address when clicking the send payment button but it does not mention the amount to be sent there which the sender have to enter manually.

And this nifty feature already available on Blockchain.info.

It's not supposed to be groundbreaking! It's just a site where you can share your address without actually remembering anything else than the ID Smiley

is the service going to be like ChangeTip which operates on reddit and other platforms like twitch,...?

i mean is it going to be direct bitcoin transaction or is it ofchain?

It's just for sharing your address. The send payment button opens a payment window on your installed Bitcoin wallet on your PC.

Looks nice, but i'm a bit scared of making a page with my address... After all, you could change the entered address at will.

In other words, it would be possible for you to see which pages are most frequently opened, and randomly enter your own address on these pages from time to time Wink

I'm not calling this a scam, i'm just pointing out a possible flaw in the system.

An option would be to pass a hash of the address as argument instead of an integer. That way a donator could verify the address before sending?

I can make the address visible on the site, so it's easier to verify, I can understand what you mean, thanks. Smiley

Well how about http://sendmebit.co.in I just hv reserved this domain to avail your facility of sending bitcoin to particular address in future.

Sounds like a good domain, but I might implement more coins to the site so it might not be just for bitcoin.

I just checked out your site, and did a mock "campaign" if you will (http://btc.bbo.yt/r/?id=11). I was surprised at how amazingly simple this was! Are you planning on attaching an interface that allows users to track their campaigns?

Or maybe just a simple "Share this campaign" section (a small section) at the very bottom of the page that has the URL of the page, as well as a "Copy to Clipboard" feature?

All in all, what a great concept! How about fundbit.org as a name?

Thanks!

I'll take a look at your suggestion, and for the domain name I must still think about it Smiley

Well tried nice tool to get donations but need more security. I thing If you are a owner then you r no giving big deal. As I know it need more security and main domain.

I checked for main domain some of links shorted there also see beautiful girl sketch.

Well anyone wanna donate see my link http://btc.bbo.yt/r/?id=10 here

When I checked for other number there some are missing.

The numbers missing are from people who inputted nothing to the message and/or bitcoin address field.

And what do you mean by more security exactly?

if this implement with other alt coin would be great too, yep you have made very clean and simple site which is very impressive.
when this site will release? is this site just for on share bitcoin address? but i dont really get it, how its work actually.

It's just a site to share your Bitcoin address on for the time being. No release date in mind. Thanks for the feedback!

I don't have a release date in mind as of yet. Smiley And this site is made so you can share your Bitcoin address. You can send the link to customers/friends etc and they can send you Bitcoin through that site without having to remember your address and whatnot.

-> You have a great looking site Layout ( dynamic style  Wink )
-> You should add the function that shows the Button code so that it becomes easy for the user to embed it on his page.

I'll add something like this in the future. Smiley

Digitalbitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 04:43:01 PM

Just check this domain for making donation. Domain is http://sendmebit.co.in working proper with redirect.
Art3mis (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:00:33 PM

Just check this domain for making donation. Domain is http://sendmebit.co.in working proper with redirect.

I see. Looks good! Smiley
Digitalbitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:32:28 PM

I see. Looks good! Smiley

Thanks Its working good on Google Chrome. Check.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:17:12 PM

I don't really know what the purpose of service like this is. If you want to share your bitcoin address with people you can perfectly fine send it to them.
This way you will be dealing with payment in p2p environment and without middleman services. Or maybe I am missing something with the functionality of this service?
Art3mis (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:41:34 PM

I don't really know what the purpose of service like this is. If you want to share your bitcoin address with people you can perfectly fine send it to them.
This way you will be dealing with payment in p2p environment and without middleman services. Or maybe I am missing something with the functionality of this service?

You can place your Bitcoin address on your website, nothing wrong with that. This site is for fun, and is used to share Bitcoin addresses to other people without having to actually remember the address.

For example, you're on mobile. You want to send your donation link to a customer, but don't remember the address, so you just send the following link: (http://btc.bbo.yt/r/?id=The ID you got when you did the link, for example 14.). As you can see, its much shorter and easier to remember.

Of course there might be other ways to use this aswell.

But this is just for fun! I don't make any money whatsoever or whatever. I wanted to do something and I did it. Smiley
Art3mis (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:50:23 AM

Updated the ID system and added a Bitcoin address to the site. Smiley
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 01:26:48 PM

Hey Art3mis,

A couple of things. I was going through some of the ID's that were already created. First of all, it seems as if there is a large string for the message, the end of it cuts off. I found a joke that wasn't finished in one of the messages. Perhaps you could put a character limit countdown in the message when a user submits their request?

Secondly, the text seems to be overlaying over the QR image. I'm pretty sure that this will affect our QR readers and if they can read the address properly.

All in all, I love this concept, and will definitely be using it. Cheers!

Art3mis (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:44:17 PM

Hey Art3mis,

A couple of things. I was going through some of the ID's that were already created. First of all, it seems as if there is a large string for the message, the end of it cuts off. I found a joke that wasn't finished in one of the messages. Perhaps you could put a character limit countdown in the message when a user submits their request?

Secondly, the text seems to be overlaying over the QR image. I'm pretty sure that this will affect our QR readers and if they can read the address properly.

I see. I'll have to try and fix the character issue. It's most likely a limit in the SQL database by default.

And the text overlaying the QR only happens in spme resolutions. It works completely fine in 1080p - I'll take a look into it! Smiley

Thanks!
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

Hey Art3mis,

I see. I'll have to try and fix the character issue. It's most likely a limit in the SQL database by default.

And the text overlaying the QR only happens in spme resolutions. It works completely fine in 1080p - I'll take a look into it! Smiley

Thanks!

Yeah I'm on 1920x1080 as well, but being a web designer by trade, I reduce the size down to a 1440 resolution to test its responsiveness, and that's when I discovered this issue. Here's a ss for reference:

Art3mis (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:53:17 PM

Hey Art3mis,

Thanks!

Yeah I'm on 1920x1080 as well, but being a web designer by trade, I reduce the size down to a 1440 resolution to test its responsiveness, and that's when I discovered this issue. Here's a ss for reference:

Ahh. I see. I will be into this issue as soon as I get on my computer. Thanks for pointing this out!

In regards to other suggestions, what do you think would be a good idea?
Digitalbitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 03:34:58 PM

Its now live to make donation check http://sendmebit.co.in
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: