Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous coins in the coinmarketcap top 10 are getting pumped now - price & vol  (Read 643 times)
leagalizedrugs (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:11:25 AM

Looks like Ehereum topped out.

Money rotating into the 3 anonymous coins in the top 10

DASH
XMR
BTS

How long will this pump last and where will it go next?

data coins?
alternative POW solutions like NEM and LTC?
DPOS(like DCR)?
smartcoins like Nubits?
back to turing complete coins?
pegged asset/DEX coins like SYS?

This is fun

Follow the yellow brick road!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:18:46 AM

DASH - 77% volume on Poloniex
XMR - 92% volume on Poloniex
BTS - 47% volume on Poloniex

How anonymous those coins really are when people are trading them on an exchange that requires your name, address and ID to do so, and its existence solely depends on the US government?
Not to mention the centralization involved.

Not your keys, not your coins!
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:33:14 AM

How anonymous those coins really are when people are trading them on an exchange that requires your name, address and ID to do so, and its existence solely depends on the US government?

Umm...technically if you only want to withdraw $2500 per day, the exchange only requires A name. Note I didn't say it had to be your name.

Also, with Monero's ring signatures, even if you have a list of buys you can't follow the coins after that transaction. Come over to the Monero forum anytime and learn why fungibility is key!

owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:49:33 AM

with xmr this will change. There are already works on making revers xmr.to, where you can exchange btc-> xmr incognito(possible through tor, or even tor hidden service). There is also shapeshift which does not require ID.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
KickAzzDude

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:07:35 AM

What a waste, Supercoin is the best anon coin

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:40:48 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 05:02:58 AM by qwizzie

With regards to Dash it would be interesting to see how much of the recent buy-up of coins is used
to setup more masternodes, thereby strengthening their already strong number of active incentivized full
nodes...  

ROI of a masternode on annual base : 12-15 %
collateral to keep it regnoniced and running as a masternode : 1000 Dash
current number of masternodes : 3524
ATH of active masternodes : 3582

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:05:11 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 06:33:15 AM by generalizethis

With regards to Dash it would be interesting to see how much of the recent buy-up of coins is used
to setup more masternodes, thereby strengthening their already strong number of active incentivized full
nodes...

I just assumed dash whales got scared of monero's rise and bid up the price. The idea that there was a sudden interest in long term investors (following close on the heals of what is perceived your #1 competitor's rise) is either incredible timing/luck or a manufactured event--Occam's razor just slit your weak argument's wrist.

Or did just enough people jump on the dash boat to cause an equal rise to monero's 24hr rise? More likely is that whales are at play--the better question is who are the whales and what happens when they get bored or run out of ammo?

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:16:01 AM

nodes...  

12-15% per annum in crypto is just awful. There are so many ways to reach ROI within a year.

Not your keys, not your coins!
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:17:51 AM

nodes...

I just assumed dash whales got scared of

you do sound a bit hurt there generalizethis, the Dash price rise gave you a bit of a shock i assume ?  Grin
and maybe this sounds a bit silly of me but i also assume traders invest in cryptocurrency because of
rational and financial motives, not because they got scared.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:19:48 AM

nodes...  

12-15% per annum in crypto is just awful. There are so many ways to reach ROI within a year.

yeah, tell that to our increasing number of masternodes. Its like a new ATH every week pfff  Roll Eyes

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:23:22 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 06:33:00 AM by generalizethis

nodes...

I just assumed dash whales got scared of

you do sound a bit hurt there generalizethis, the Dash price rise gave you a bit of a shock i assume ?  Grin
and maybe this sounds a bit silly of me but i also assume traders invest in cryptocurrency because of
rational and financial motives, not because they got scared.

Not quoting the full text looks like the scared move, so let me repeat:

nodes...

I just assumed dash whales got scared of monero's rise and bid up the price. The idea that there was a sudden interest in long term investors (following close on the heals of what is perceived your #1 competitor's rise) is either incredible timing/luck or a manufactured event--Occam's razor just slit your weak argument's wrist.

Or did just enough people jump on the dash boat to cause an equal rise to monero's 24hr rise? More likely is that whales are at play--the better question is who are the whales and what happens when they get bored or run out of ammo?

Pretty convenient that you glossed over the glaring hole in your masternode theory, but spin away; sooner or later the absurdity of your claims will be staring you in the face as the loss and despair as having invested so much time (and money?) into an inferior project built on vapor and ash.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:26:08 AM

good lord generalizethis, you ARE hurt.
Lets just not overgeneralise things here.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:44:31 AM

good lord generalizethis, you ARE hurt.
Lets just not overgeneralise things here.

I'm hurt that you can't provide evidence of me hurting without  me saying I'm hurt because you can't provide evidence of me hurting without me saying I'm hurt.....

Is spin the only move they teach you at dash camp?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:54:46 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 06:05:02 AM by qwizzie

It just hurts me seeing overgeneralizethis hurting like that  Sad
Anyways enough of the drama, we seem to have drifted off topic somewhat so i hereby pledge to return this
thread to its on topic schedule by following the yellow brick road.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 06:06:44 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 06:32:33 AM by generalizethis

It just hurts me seeing overgeneralizethis hurting like that  Sad
Anyways enough of the drama, we seem to have drifted off topic somewhat so i hereby pledge to return this
thread to its on topic schedule by following the yellow brick road.

I'll help you.

nodes...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: