Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCFPGA - NO BAsics - Confirmed | All Orders will be refunded (hopefully)  (Read 8847 times)
Salazarian (OP)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 08:33:57 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 01:13:07 AM by Salazarian

As some people read, there won't be any BAsics

Proof:

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1048.0

EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER WILL BE REFUNDED. PERIOD.

And on IRC:

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5936/ordercancel.jpg

----

So nobody will get BAsics! The problem is, people got before the big REFUND action their money, anyone before the 20th of january should have their money.

The big problem is now, what about people after 20th of January!

ANYONE who got Refund after 20th of January please provide information here!
My theory is, all money is GONE! *cough cough*
Deadline for me is 1 week for CC refund, and If I see NO money, next project will be class action suit
----------------

Its still just a theory that the massive refund action killed BTCFPGA! We won't have 100% trustfull proof!
Besides that the BTC price is riskly high, BTCFPGA is getting a heavy loss! How can this be hold?
SOLUTION ATM:

GET REFUND via $  that would give to EVERYONE more

What about BFL and Avalon?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fatman01923

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 11:11:02 PM

Half of my order is done (refunded)  This just came in today, I provided no extra information whatsoever.  They will refund automatically when they arrive on your order ID.  Have patience people.

Order ID: 983
Date Ordered: 02/10/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Refunded

To view your order click on the link below:
http://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=983

The comments for your order are:

Hello bASIC customer.  We are sorry to inform you that the project has been cancelled, and your credit card charge has been refunded.  Expect to see funds arrive to your account in 3-5 business days.  Thank you for your support and understanding.

The bASIC Team

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
Salazarian (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 11:14:28 PM

Unitl there is NO money income proof ,it can not be guaranteed!!!

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 12:22:54 AM

Deadline for me is 1 week for CC refund, and If I see NO money, next project will be class action suit

Cute. I very much doubt BTCFPGA has collected 5 million bucks which would be the minimum amount for class action.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:33:38 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2013, 05:13:34 AM by repentance

Cute. I very much doubt BTCFPGA has collected 5 million bucks which would be the minimum amount for class action.

Not to mention the problem of getting both a cause of action and a class certified.  Class actions are pointless unless you have a plaintiff with deep pockets and there's a good chance of a substantial award of punitive damages.  They suck as a means of debt collection and were never intended to be used for that purpose.  

I can't even recall whether there was an LLC formed for the bASIC project.  It would be kind of interesting to know its legal structure and whether Tom is actually the only one with legal liability in respect of the project.

Edit.  Looks like they are, indeed, an LLC.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 02:18:49 AM

Not to mention the problem of getting both a cause of action and a class certified.  Class actions are pointless unless you have a plaintiff with deep pockets and there's a good chance of a substantial award of punitive damages.  They suck as a means of debt collection and were never intended to be used for that purpose. 

I can't even recall whether there was an LLC formed for the bASIC project.  It would be kind of interesting to know its legal structure and whether Tom is actually the only one with legal liability in respect of the project.

This will be the third time I've brought this up and still haven't seen it answered.

BTCFPGA  is a grassroots organization that was founded from within the Bitcoin community in May of 2012. It was founded by  Thomas Van Riper and Stehen Cupp (cablepair & stcupp) and otherwise created, contributed to and financed by other Bitcoin early adopters and mining enthusiasts who had a vision;

Where does Stehen Cupp (stcupp) fit in in all this?
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:23:42 AM

Not to mention the problem of getting both a cause of action and a class certified.  Class actions are pointless unless you have a plaintiff with deep pockets and there's a good chance of a substantial award of punitive damages.  They suck as a means of debt collection and were never intended to be used for that purpose. 

I can't even recall whether there was an LLC formed for the bASIC project.  It would be kind of interesting to know its legal structure and whether Tom is actually the only one with legal liability in respect of the project.

This will be the third time I've brought this up and still haven't seen it answered.

BTCFPGA  is a grassroots organization that was founded from within the Bitcoin community in May of 2012. It was founded by  Thomas Van Riper and Stehen Cupp (cablepair & stcupp) and otherwise created, contributed to and financed by other Bitcoin early adopters and mining enthusiasts who had a vision;

Im pretty sure he (stcupp) was the designer of the modminer.

poop!
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:29:14 AM

Im pretty sure he (stcupp) was the designer of the modminer.

Correct.  I always got a chuckle out of cablepair when he'd talk as if he had some sort of hand in it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67997.0
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:34:44 AM

I wish they would have made one of these..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/eagleuptestboardtop.png/

the mod miner octa!!!

poop!
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:54:07 AM

If it's a "grass roots organisation" then liability for the actions of BTCFPGA may well extend to the other members of that organisation.  For something "grass roots" it's extremely opaque.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 04:13:28 AM

the mod miner octa!!!

Rock stars get room keys, I get business cards. Wherever I go I meet innovators of wind power equipment and solar energy operators.

-Thomas Friedman

Row of fans, sans a box.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:27:44 AM

the mod miner octa!!!

Rock stars get room keys, I get business cards. Wherever I go I meet innovators of wind power equipment and solar energy operators.

-Thomas Friedman

Row of fans, sans a box.
Strange, that render looks slightly more... detailed than the ASIC ones.
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:08:42 AM

I saw that render and laughed my ass off. That should have been a red flag to anyone with a pre-order.
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:49:56 AM

Any positive sightings of Bitcoin refunds? I'm holding on to faith that those of us who have put our trust fully in this new currency by attempting to purchase mining equipment with Bitcoin (thereby completing a theoretical loop) will not be left in the cold.

Huh
Salazarian (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:28:45 PM

Any positive sightings of Bitcoin refunds? I'm holding on to faith that those of us who have put our trust fully in this new currency by attempting to purchase mining equipment with Bitcoin (thereby completing a theoretical loop) will not be left in the cold.

Huh

I have reputable information that first all CC Refunds will be taken and after that the Bitcoin ones! The problem is that the bank for cc refunds does have not enough money, so the problem is TOM needs to provide more money, atm we don't have any sign how much money will be provided for the cc refunds, the btc ones need to wait!

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:31:27 PM

Huh

I have reputable information that first all CC Refunds will be taken and after that the Bitcoin ones! The problem is that the bank for cc refunds does have not enough money, so the problem is TOM needs to provide more money, atm we don't have any sign how much money will be provided for the cc refunds, the btc ones need to wait!
Source?
Salazarian (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:35:37 PM

Huh

Source?

Last written in IRC yesterday from Dave directly, that he is working first on CC refunds and after that on BTC refunds!

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:08:52 PM

Huh

Source?

Last written in IRC yesterday from Dave directly, that he is working first on CC refunds and after that on BTC refunds!
Yeah, I know that. I was talking about your claim that the credit card merchant account does not have enough money. I don't recall Dave saying that any time recently.
Salazarian (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:19:14 PM

Huh

Source?

Yeah, I know that. I was talking about your claim that the credit card merchant account does not have enough money. I don't recall Dave saying that any time recently.

He was assuming this! Dave said that!

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:28:49 PM

Huh

Source?

Can't for the life of me understand why Tom & Dave think IRC is an acceptable alternative to emails or forum posts. Total communication fail.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: