Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:13:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Altcoin Journey. Starting from 0, turning electricity -> coins with 1 gpu!  (Read 364 times)
Acidx (OP)

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:13:14 AM

Hey everyone! I had this idea (and was kinda bored) that in case there are others out there who are gamers, or happen to have a good gpu and a processor but don't really know what to do with them,

or they would like to mine, but don't really know where or how to start. Maybe you live in a dormroom and don't pay for electricity and would like to make some extra money. This could be something you'd be interested in.

I've had some success mining with low amount of gpu's (in late 2013 I was mining with a laptop gpu dogecoins, still made a profit cause I was there early), and various other coins. But instead of talking about the past, I would like to look into the future and which coins I personally currently am interested in and spend my electricty and time on.

This isn't going to be a "hey can u give me some advice what to do with this trade, etc, etc" but more like a update thread where I will share my coins, what I hold and for how long I hold it. The numbers will speak for themselves.

But if someone does want to lurk and follow what I do, I will update this OP or the next post with some easy mining guides on how to get started, or links to some already existing guides. Smiley

PS. my other gpu will remain a secret what I mine with it. Wink

Acidx (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:18:22 AM

Day 1 - 12.15 PM - BTC:0.00,EXP:0.00,

The coin I am mining today is: Expanse @ https://exp.suprnova.cc/index.php

Although the difficulty is not what it used to be.  Roll Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/RpsUgcc.png

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 12:27:00 PM

Day 1 - 12.15 PM - BTC:0.00,EXP:0.00,

The coin I am mining today is: Expanse @ https://exp.suprnova.cc/index.php

Although the difficulty is not what it used to be.  Roll Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/RpsUgcc.png

You seems to be making a profit on what you are doing so I bookmarked this thread I really in the process of setting up my mining rigs and actually mining some cpu coins like bytecoin and monero on minergate but all I am getting from my hashrate is only 7 to 15 not enough really I want to set up a rig with gpu ..

Btw take a look at Evopoints this is one good coin to mine they have a clear road map ..

Acidx (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:32:57 PM

Date   Time         Mining Time     Coin           Total                                               Estimate in btc

Day 1   - 8.25 PM   - 8h10m          - EXP          - EXP: 2.86 (@0.0014btc)                     ~ 0.004btc            

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 07:32:22 PM

Date   Time         Mining Time     Coin           Total                                               Estimate in btc

Day 1   - 8.25 PM   - 8h10m          - EXP          - EXP: 2.86 (@0.0014btc)                     ~ 0.004btc            

Ok can you easily sell that coin since it is not a popular coin in the market and where are you selling it I cannot find that coin on Yobit
can you tell us your configuration also looks interesting for some one who also wants to mine

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: