Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:01:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are miners doing with their profits?  (Read 3076 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:16:11 PM

Most of the coins are likely being sold to pay for mining expenses at these levels unless there is evidence that most miners are real speculators and they are off-setting their expenses so they can take a mine & hold strategy?
Holding and trading are better ways to make bitcoin than just selling; a good trader can make money from his miners even if the miner has negative roi assuming the market is good. holding isn't a good idea at the moment, because btc seems to be holding at the price of 400 at the moment. But yes , most miners do sell their bitcoin as it is the best and safest option besides trading or holding.

But you'd make MORE if you didn't mine, in that case.

I tend to hold when I think the price is low, and sell when I think it's high - hasn't gotten low enough the last few months for me to buy, and it's getting close enough to the halfing that I'm almost ready to reset my "buy/hold/sell" thresholds.

Yes mining has become harder and harder.  But some still make profit so i would not say all not mine.  It all depends on many different variables.  Just really a lot of differences.

And having investors know about long before, so I don't see one big jump maybe gradual.  It's all speculation.  But I plan on holding way longer then past having.  Some day I will look back and say I was smart or an Idiot... could be either and I realize it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CarrollFilms

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Can I eat a Bitcoin?

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:12:52 AM

Right now, with the BTCitcoin I get from mining it usually goes towards gas, food, goods, you name it. Right now I'm slowly saving up for the new Bitfury miner and I'll hopefully have coin for one when it is released, if not after release hopefully some one will sell them online for a few coins less.

But most of my bitcoin I used to just trade, buy low, sell high. Stuff like that. Try and make a few more bits in between dumps and pumps

Back in my day Bitcoin used to cost $69
Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:07:02 PM

I don't believe the small time miners are making profit at all the current mining market seems to be very much focuses for big time miners. Small time miners or home miners are not able to make any profit at all. Not since a year or so.
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:03:25 PM

I don't believe the small time miners are making profit at all the current mining market seems to be very much focuses for big time miners. Small time miners or home miners are not able to make any profit at all. Not since a year or so.

So what are they doing?

Paying the electricity bills with their salary, and using the mined bitcoins to hoard it ,and later on hoping that the price will go up so that they break even?

I think so, and i hope they will break even!

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:51:31 AM

Maybe some of the big boys ain't making so much profit right now and are buying themselves some future power. Think how influential you'd be if it really takes off.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:44:10 AM

Maybe some of the big boys ain't making so much profit right now and are buying themselves some future power. Think how influential you'd be if it really takes off.
I have a feeling that most timers are already thinking about how influential they'll be once Bitcoin takes off, and I have a feeling they are very confident that Bitcoin will take off.

Regardless, though, they can still make a lot of money regardless where Bitcoin does go.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:02:17 AM

"We" the miners are reinvesting 100% of profits on hash power, after tax, bills, salary etc.
The importance of progressive, exponential hash rising due to profit reinvestment is too attractive for any miner...

RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:48:21 AM

"We" the miners are reinvesting 100% of profits on hash power, after tax, bills, salary etc.
The importance of progressive, exponential hash rising due to profit reinvestment is too attractive for any miner...

Ok, nice to see such support from miners, even smaller ones.

Now we can see that the miners are very supportive of the community, and now just look for quick bucks.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:55:24 AM

they just join a mining pool, work together and share the rewards..
this can increase the speed and reduce the difficulty in mining putting profitability in reach...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: