Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the magnificent bitcoin gem  (Read 16572 times)
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:10:36 AM

Just a heads up:

We had some technical issues overnight and had to take the db and site down for a few hours. No bitcoins were lost, but we had to restore a database that's a few weeks old, so the previous owners list won't be complete until we manage to make a full restore. We preserved the current owner's data and were able to manually restore his transaction and payment address. We've restarted the timer till reset at 24 hours and will keep a close eye on things for the time being.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:48:14 AM

consider www.satoshidiace.org Smiley best than this

Dead spam link.

sangaman

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:48:48 AM

I'm performing some maintenance on the back end of Bitcoin Gem to resolve some issues - occasional double buys and payments being sent to the wrong previous owner. The gem won't reset due to time in the meantime and the site may be down briefly overnight, but it should be good to go by tomorrow and buying the gem will be a smoother process.

I am also working on adding a CAPTCHA to the site, but that will come in a future release.

Thanks to everyone for playing and please direct any questions or suggestions my way.
sangaman

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 10:51:06 AM

Maintenance is done and the site is now running on an entirely revamped database and backend. I was up all night testing as much as I could to ensure a smooth transition, and so far everything is working as expected. This should be the end of double-buys or any other intermittent quirky payment behavior.

New with this update are counters displayed on the front page for total number of owners and bitcoins paid out since the Bitcoin Gem's inception. The list of previous owners is also displayed in a table format to make it more readable. There are a few more changes coming on the way that should improve the overall user experience as well, but I'll hold off on those until I make sure there are no kinks with the current setup.

Thanks for your patience and business.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:54:52 AM

Maintenance is done and the site is now running on an entirely revamped database and backend. I was up all night testing as much as I could to ensure a smooth transition, and so far everything is working as expected. This should be the end of double-buys or any other intermittent quirky payment behavior.

New with this update are counters displayed on the front page for total number of owners and bitcoins paid out since the Bitcoin Gem's inception. The list of previous owners is also displayed in a table format to make it more readable. There are a few more changes coming on the way that should improve the overall user experience as well, but I'll hold off on those until I make sure there are no kinks with the current setup.

Umm, my bet from when Bitcoin Gem never resetted is not listed. You're not listing all bets since Bitcoin Gem's inception! Sad
sangaman

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:55:19 PM

Umm, my bet from when Bitcoin Gem never resetted is not listed. You're not listing all bets since Bitcoin Gem's inception! Sad

Those transactions are listed here:

http://www.bitcoingem.com/v1

It's separate from the main history because it worked so differently from the way it does now. It's definitely very neat and interesting - the gem was bought as high as 115 btc! I'll try to make that link and history more prominent on my next round of updates to the website.
talnted

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 03:22:07 PM

The new update appears to be running extremely smoothly!  Thanks again for the hard work, Sangaman!

The Original and Most Popular Gem Game: www.bitcoingem.com
Over 800+ BTC Paid Out!  1110+ Buyers of the Gem!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:37:11 PM

Those transactions are listed here:

http://www.bitcoingem.com/v1

It's separate from the main history because it worked so differently from the way it does now. It's definitely very neat and interesting - the gem was bought as high as 115 btc! I'll try to make that link and history more prominent on my next round of updates to the website.
I bought the second last round Cheesy
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:48:01 PM

I am pretty convinced that this site has multiple bots running who bet every time there is a free spot to buy the gem. I have been manually refreshing every second and everytime when I could buy the gem, I used my address only and pressed send, and within a half second it has already been bought by someone else. For a human it is impossible to buy and send a payment within a half second. There were even times where I was just casually refreshing every second, and suddenly someone else bought it already. And this has been happening since there was a reset to the 0.01 BTC, and will go on until it reaches 0.80~ BTC or just 1.00~ BTC.

I'm going to stop playing the gem until you introduce a captcha feature or something, because it's obvious that there are bots being used here by other people to keep buying the gem.

sangaman

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 05:55:22 PM

I am pretty convinced that this site has multiple bots running who bet every time there is a free spot to buy the gem. I have been manually refreshing every second and everytime when I could buy the gem, I used my address only and pressed send, and within a half second it has already been bought by someone else. For a human it is impossible to buy and send a payment within a half second. There were even times where I was just casually refreshing every second, and suddenly someone else bought it already. And this has been happening since there was a reset to the 0.01 BTC, and will go on until it reaches 0.80~ BTC or just 1.00~ BTC.

I'm going to stop playing the gem until you introduce a captcha feature or something, because it's obvious that there are bots being used here by other people to keep buying the gem.

Thanks for contacting us. A captcha is in the works, it will be released soon (within the next week) and I will PM you personally when it is ready and working. I hope you'll come back and play again.
asdfghj

Activity: 26
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:29:00 AM

The owner of this site helped me through the recent site maintenance.  A few errors cropped up which he quickly and transparently took care of.

Just a thumbs up.
talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

The owner of this site helped me through the recent site maintenance.  A few errors cropped up which he quickly and transparently took care of.

Just a thumbs up.

Thank you for the compliment we do strive for excellence in our customer service.  Have yet to have an unsatisfied player yet!

And yes captcha is coming!

sangaman

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:55:35 AM

We'll be putting in a few changes to the site before the next update. The layout for the FAQ and previous owners will be changed a bit, and we're also adding some new information and a tab that shows the most expensive gems and their owners over several time frames.

We're also making a few tweaks to the rules. The chance of a reset is now dynamically calculated according to price:

Price < 0.25 = 1 in 32 chance of a reset
0.25 < Price < 0.5 = 1 in 64 chance of a reset (this is what all transactions are set to currently)
Price > 0.5 = No Random Resets

Now there's a bit more incentive to buy the gem as it gets more expensive, while the early levels are still free money the vast majority of the time.

Lastly, the gem will reset after 18 hours of inactivity instead of 24 hours.

We'll have the captcha up this weekend, in the next cycle or two.

Thanks to all the players and any feedback would be appreciated as always. Good luck.
talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 01:54:15 PM

We'll be putting in a few changes to the site before the next update. The layout for the FAQ and previous owners will be changed a bit, and we're also adding some new information and a tab that shows the most expensive gems and their owners over several time frames.

We're also making a few tweaks to the rules. The chance of a reset is now dynamically calculated according to price:

Price < 0.25 = 1 in 32 chance of a reset
0.25 < Price < 0.5 = 1 in 64 chance of a reset (this is what all transactions are set to currently)
Price > 0.5 = No Random Resets

Now there's a bit more incentive to buy the gem as it gets more expensive, while the early levels are still free money the vast majority of the time.

Lastly, the gem will reset after 18 hours of inactivity instead of 24 hours.

We'll have the captcha up this weekend, in the next cycle or two.

Thanks to all the players and any feedback would be appreciated as always. Good luck.

Phase 1 of some of the site updates have been successfully deployed to our site!

Enjoy the new format, as well as well as the "Most Expensive Gem" Leaderboard!

talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 05:36:12 AM

A new captcha has been added to our site to allow all to play without fear of bots.

MattFoster42

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:19:50 AM

Hi,

Seems to be broken for a while now?
Just get the spinning arrows and unable to purchase...
talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:37:22 PM

Hi,

Testing shows this captcha is working for everyone else, perhaps its a problem with your browser. Feel free to contact our customer support directly at bitcoingem@gmail.com

Thanks for playing!

bitcoins...BIIITCOINS

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:11:27 PM

We are having technical difficulties with the site. Our developer will work on the problem ASAP. Thank you for your patience.
MattFoster42

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:30:41 AM

Hi,

Testing shows this captcha is working for everyone else, perhaps its a problem with your browser. Feel free to contact our customer support directly at bitcoingem@gmail.com

Thanks for playing!

Will test when you come back online, but the problem has existed for me with both Safari & Chrome on OS X
bitcoins...BIIITCOINS

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:19:36 AM

Hello, the site back up! The server crashed and needed to be restarted. Enjoy and good luck!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: