April 25, 2024, 07:05:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ?
Yes - 1 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEVA] NevaCoin | PoS | Blake2s | NO Premine |  (Read 126628 times)
staysecure

Activity: 1472
Merit: 505

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 10:48:59 AM

euh, i heard fork ? 1.4.0 is correct one ?

Correct HF in 220 blocks (at time of writing).

Here is the release https://github.com/Nevacoin/nevacoin/releases/tag/v1.4.0

PS: I will help out @krile a bit today since it is Nevas birthday  Cheesy

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mr.Coinzer

Activity: 420
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 10:51:02 AM

it is cheep for buy now Cheesy
krile (OP)

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 08:41:08 PM

Please provide post 291111 fork feedback.

Still plenty of conflicted stakes?

I see there are no more "few hour" stalls in the chain since the fork

Tom0098

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:32:37 PM

Here there are still some orphaned blocks
Lercker

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

We'll never be fully rid of them. Orphans are natural in POS coins. I'm just glad it looks like the chain hang ups are gone. I'm running a test to see if I still get large orphans (combining coins to one address, also good for staking but use to get lots of conflicts that way too).
PollacoMan

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 02:41:10 AM

Got Neva wallet in 2 different computers.  One stuck 33 hrs ago and the other one 28 hrs ago.   Blocks are being mined in aikapool.   What to do?  Grabbed nodes from Topia but still i couldnt get to the right height.  Will come back later.
Lercker

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 02:47:28 AM

Got Neva wallet in 2 different computers.  One stuck 33 hrs ago and the other one 28 hrs ago.   Blocks are being mined in aikapool.   What to do?  Grabbed nodes from Topia but still i couldnt get to the right height.  Will come back later.

Did you update your wallet to version 1.4.0?
PollacoMan

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:12:45 AM

Did you update your wallet to version 1.4.0?

LOL, happy birthday NEVA, i see the problem now.  Thx for pointing it out.  Just changed the exe and will resynch. 
staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 03:59:01 PM

Hi NEVAcoiners.

There are still a few lost nodes in cryptoland running the old Neva versions.

If you find your ip among in the list bellow, know that you are headed to the wrong future and your next stop should be

https://github.com/Nevacoin/nevacoin/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Code:
addnode=176.9.140.80 "Hetzner Online GmbH - Germany"
addnode=95.25.6.210 "Corbina Broadband Sovam - Russia"
addnode=78.94.32.195 "Unitymedia - Germany"
addnode=95.221.212.51 "Ti-bb - Russia"

berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:27:55 PM

Hi NEVAcoiners.

If you find your ip among in the list bellow, know that you are headed to the wrong future and your next stop should be

Code:

Oppps, one less faulty here, sorry. A bit out of NEVA lately.

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 08:35:44 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 08:46:00 PM by staysecure

Hi NEVAcoiners.

Code:

Great Smiley

Only 2 old Nevanodes left standing and one of them  is not on the above list.

Code:
193.110.163.10  Global Ukraine Trade Ltd. in Kiev
176.9.140.80 - Hetzner AG- Germany

Lercker

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:41:49 AM

Hi NEVAcoiners.

Code:

Too busy watching PIVX? Forgot about your NEVA? Did you find the two around the same time? I did...
Lercker

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:55:42 AM

We'll never be fully rid of them. Orphans are natural in POS coins. I'm just glad it looks like the chain hang ups are gone. I'm running a test to see if I still get large orphans (combining coins to one address, also good for staking but use to get lots of conflicts that way too).

The rate of "orphans" looks the same still, but it stakes alright. Like Draax pointed out; if your rate of stake slows to a crawl just combine your coins and staking will shoot back up, this did not change.

krile, after a full 24+ hours did you notice any stalls in the chain? I didn't notice any but I didn't look that closely.
staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 08:55:08 AM

The rate of "orphans" looks the same still, but it stakes alright. Like Draax pointed out; if your rate of stake slows to a crawl just combine your coins and staking will shoot back up, this did not change.

krile, after a full 24+ hours did you notice any stalls in the chain? I didn't notice any but I didn't look that closely.

With such fast blocktimes orphans are inevitable. Nope no chain stalls so far so a quiet conclusion that HF is a win.

PS: Sorry for taking the reply before @krile has a chance to  Wink

berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:33:30 PM

Hi NEVAcoiners.

Code:

Too busy watching PIVX? Forgot about your NEVA? Did you find the two around the same time? I did...
Yes, I have been very active in the PIVx community from the beginning. Nice and interesting project, very ambitious objetives and strong and confident community. And it was my reentry in crypto after being goxed (yes, I was heavily goxed, easy comes, easy goes..). NEVA attracted me because is original (one of the two only coins I know created as birthday present) and kryle hasn't stop development any time. Probably a crypto passionate. Lately I'm following Reddbytecoin for the same reason, it will be never be a mainstream coin, but at least it had a (finally Cheesy) a fair launch and dev seems to love programming, so it's nice to help and tip him while he develops his passion.

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
krile (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:09:18 PM

Yes the stalls are gone now.

I am actually thinking that the chain is too fast at this current block time.

Any opinions on increasing block time? Maybe to 5 minutes (effectively 2.5 minutes when you consider both pow and pos mining).

I am seriously thinking about that path, it would further reduce the orphans, and the chain would bloat less with time. Its a shame to have so many blocks for so few transactions.

Opinions?

Edit: and also, the next release will probably drop the end of PoW mining. According to the vote "most" people are in favor of that option.

Edit2: also, thinking about increasing the maturity. The current 25 block maturity is too favorable to rich nodes staking, they get a chance to stake again too fast...

Any thoughts on all this?

krile (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:11:48 PM

Yes, I have been very active in the PIVx community from the beginning. Nice and interesting project, very ambitious objetives and strong and confident community. And it was my reentry in crypto after being goxed (yes, I was heavily goxed, easy comes, easy goes..). NEVA attracted me because is original (one of the two only coins I know created as birthday present) and kryle hasn't stop development any time. Probably a crypto passionate. Lately I'm following Reddbytecoin for the same reason, it will be never be a mainstream coin, but at least it had a (finally Cheesy) a fair launch and dev seems to love programming, so it's nice to help and tip him while he develops his passion.

Thank you for your support Smiley

Lercker

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:30:59 AM

Any opinions on increasing block time? Maybe to 5 minutes (effectively 2.5 minutes when you consider both pow and pos mining).

I am seriously thinking about that path, it would further reduce the orphans, and the chain would bloat less with time. Its a shame to have so many blocks for so few transactions.

Opinions?

Edit: and also, the next release will probably drop the end of PoW mining. According to the vote "most" people are in favor of that option.

Edit2: also, thinking about increasing the maturity. The current 25 block maturity is too favorable to rich nodes staking, they get a chance to stake again too fast...

After finally getting time to investigate the chain's speed, I think you might be right. Either way I do not think a slight increase in block time will be that big a deal. I say go for it.
As to the block maturity, part a of me likes the short rate; however, it is a really low maturity confirmation rate. Maybe double it so it is not super long but longer than the current rate.
While not truly being against PoW/PoS forever... I still worry that mining interest could drop as difficulty raises, especially if our price does not continue its upward trend (we were heading in that direction before the new kernel was released[price was not moving much either way and coin was getting harder to mine profitably]). As only PoS only we would not have to worry about that. Then again you could always add it back in if that becomes the scenario. Maybe wait and see how Netko's network works out as PoS only. If they have lots of problems then remove PoS only if not maybe leave it, we would still have 13 more years to figure it out. Of coarse I do not know if you want to wait 3+ months for the next Neva release. I'll support you either way, it is not currently a make or break idea to me.
krile (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:18:35 AM

Opinions?

After finally getting time to investigate the chain's speed, I think you might be right. Either way I do not think a slight increase in block time will be that big a deal. I say go for it.
As to the block maturity, part a of me likes the short rate; however, it is a really low maturity confirmation rate. Maybe double it so it is not super long but longer than the current rate.
While not truly being against PoW/PoS forever... I still worry that mining interest could drop as difficulty raises, especially if our price does not continue its upward trend (we were heading in that direction before the new kernel was released[price was not moving much either way and coin was getting harder to mine profitably]). As only PoS only we would not have to worry about that. Then again you could always add it back in if that becomes the scenario. Maybe wait and see how Netko's network works out as PoS only. If they have lots of problems then remove PoS only if not maybe leave it, we would still have 13 more years to figure it out. Of coarse I do not know if you want to wait 3+ months for the next Neva release. I'll support you either way, it is not currently a make or break idea to me.

The thing is, when I launched Nevacoin I was more in favor of PoS, but with time I came to this other stand, that PoW is good from a security point of view and the distribution. One can not acquire coins anonymously with mining anymore once it is PoS only, you can only buy them. Which might be good for the price in some way, but still makes it kind of a closed system.

But in any case here is still years time before PoW ends for Neva, so maybe this will not be the first thing I do, the block time and maturty first maybe.

krile (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:27:57 AM

To let everyone know:

I am shutting down the Nevacoin Dice game. Security wise it sucks. So withdraw everything you have on there Smiley

I am working on outsourcing this kind of service. Do you have any suggestions on any altcoin gambling sites I could contact?

Edit: already contacted https://www.crypto-games.net/. Any other suggestions? I am really not so up to date with gambling sites Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: