Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If ETH is a commodity like Gas what happens when it gets too expensive?  (Read 805 times)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 09:13:16 PM

Would you care to explain since you did the research?

I can't explain all the technicals aspects because I'm not a developer, but you clearly don't know anything if you are saying that 1 ETH should be 1 USD or something low like that when there are only 72 millions and the ultimate goal is to be adopted by mainstream corporations and institutions.

I remind you that BTC is unheard of in the mainstream world, no one actually uses it and got to $1300. Now you do your math and think how much it could be 1 ETH if it's actually useful and is as if not more divisible than BTC.

Why do you think big corps or instis will adopt it?
I rather see they fork or copy the thing as is, thats why R3 hired Hearn....
Banks cannot just work on open stuff, forget it.

The problem is that this technology doesn't really work like that, it needs to be decentralized to work, just look at Augur for example. A blockchain adopted by Barclay could be just a fork of BTC, that's it, it's nothing too complicated. They can actually do a fork of Ethereum (although it's not as easy as it sounds) but what is the benefit of that?

If we are pushing AI, decentralized servers, massive data collection, the only way to go is using a standard platform, similar to the internet which it's somehow decentralized except for its server and services. This would improve not only security (which is not minor...) but the possibilities are endless.

PoS is working fine just for a multi bank intra net and security will be higher. That s exactly the  max grade of decentralization banks might finally accept, not more.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: