Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To everyone converting BTC to ETH  (Read 8868 times)
andreymays

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:38:28 PM

In Ethereum blockchain running application FOAM for mapping terrain using the technology of smart contracts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tatsuyashiba

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:39:08 PM

hmm, good advice, I also started to consider exchanging my BTC to ETH, which according to experts and in my opinion, personally, maybe in the future ETH is more promising and will be a useful crypto.
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:25:48 PM

To be honest, I like both of these currencies, and I have investments in both Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both of them achieve very great success, although more reliable I still have on bitcoin.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Dondisimo

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:46:54 PM

It seems to me that Ethereum is a very successful, and even to some extent undervalued currency. So I make big bets on it and have quite a lot of investment in this coin.

Urbinklin

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:56:28 PM

I put more emphasis on bitcoin and 75% of my investment portfolio is dedicated to it. But I can't pass up Ethereum, because he's also an excellent prospect so I have a pretty large amount.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:28:31 PM

The bottom line is people are investing in ETH because of Bitcoin same as NXT.
In General, people are buying Altcoins because of BTC they are not buying because they can use it on something or somewhere.
At least this is what i have seen going on here and we are all doing the same trick. Lol

I agree that no matter how many NXT, ETH or any Altcoins you hold but in the end it will still to be traded to BTC for fiat and that is why Bitcoin is always the number one Crypto currency in the market because of this scenario but i have observed that some local exchanges are directly accepting Ethereum for fiat so maybe in the future Ethereum will not depend on Bitcoin anymore.

VK.point

Activity: 294

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:21:54 AM

I think it's useless to switch from BTC to ETH. it will only waste time, and I don't think I will switch. When someone has made Bitcoin the main goal, they will think a second time if they want to switch or exchange it. CONYOL!

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
TigerMart

Activity: 268
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:51:58 PM

WoW. OP could see today's Ethereum situation 2 years ago.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:09:55 PM

iii. NXT offered asset exchange, while ETH offers smart contract. Both of these functionality, which they claim to make them unique, are actually possible on bitcoin blockchain, which is far more secure.

Aah good ole centralized nxt.
It makes you wonder what will happen to eth once smartcontracts on the btc chain have become a reality.
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:42:15 PM

Ethereum is a very promising coin, there is no doubt about it, so I prefer to keep a part of my Deposit in this coin. I really like this technology.

ngamuk tok

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:49:06 PM

Read a little about history of NXT, while jumping ship to ETH as a store of value. Compare the following two graphs...

a. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/#charts

b. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nxt/#charts

Compare the following facts...

i. NXT was backed by a centralized organization, just like ETH.

ii. NXT was PoS, just like ETH will ultimately be.

iii. NXT offered asset exchange, while ETH offers smart contract. Both of these functionality, which they claim to make them unique, are actually possible on bitcoin blockchain, which is far more secure.

iv. With price rise, NXT backers sold their holding to increase liquidity in the market. With price rise, ETH backers are increasing ETH supply in the market to increase liquidity in the market.

p.s. Alt coin trading is a gambling. If u wanna test your luck on some coin under pump, its fine. But, make sure to come back to BTC, when u have made enough, otherwise u'll lose all and have to be a mute spectator while the next alt wave hits. GooD Luck Wink
thank you very useful advice, you are a legendary member of course you have had a lot of experience about crypto investment.
I will follow the advice you give.
andreymays

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:49:14 PM

The Upcoming Ethereum hard fork, called Constantinople, will be activated in the test network in the first decade of October, but the timing of the upgrade in the main network is still not defined.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:54:37 PM

Why would anybody covert Bitcoin to Ethereum? ETH is a valuable coin but in my opinion not as special as BTC. As such I find it hard to think people would shift towards ETH and away from BTC.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:56:11 PM

i just converted/exchanged my Etherium to Bitcoin about 2 weeks ago and iam still happy with this....
Right now iam only owning 2 alt coins but i will exchange them soon also to Bitcoin becourse i can grow my bitcoins better than alt coins Wink

kind regards
jpnl0008

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:21:30 PM

it is obvious it used to be a case before but for now i think people prefer changing their ethereum to bitcoin because the ethereum seems to be highly volatile and the bitcoin is more stable than expected therefore people do not change their ethereum again
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:40:48 PM

Why would anybody covert Bitcoin to Ethereum? ETH is a valuable coin but in my opinion not as special as BTC. As such I find it hard to think people would shift towards ETH and away from BTC.
Well both btc and ethereum are a good coin and we don't have to convert between the two because anytime both can change and the price may also change and we can maybe gain on it even if we simply holding it. The is really an amazing coin than can change many life. And we only need to wait for it to rise soon.
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:28:24 PM

Both cryptocurrencies are the top 2 from the list so bother converting one to another? Instead, invest on them both, hold them for a couple of months or years and the see how your investment grow. As the market is bleeding, so it's time to invest on them  more.

SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:04:22 PM

Both cryptocurrencies are the top 2 from the list so bother converting one to another? Instead, invest on them both, hold them for a couple of months or years and the see how your investment grow. As the market is bleeding, so it's time to invest on them  more.
That's true though...
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:14:45 PM

to be honest i dont really care if btc is the best, i know when btc price rises altcoin will follow it.
so do you think all coin except btc are not good? like ETH,NEO,XLM,XRP,NEM etc.
i know btc is the mother of all coin, because its the first, but we cant underestimate altcoin who come with great technology.
but for some shitcoin i agree with you, it can be test your lucky.
Vitamin King

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:48:41 PM

to be honest i dont really care if btc is the best, i know when btc price rises altcoin will follow it.
so do you think all coin except btc are not good? like ETH,NEO,XLM,XRP,NEM etc.
i know btc is the mother of all coin, because its the first, but we cant underestimate altcoin who come with great technology.
but for some shitcoin i agree with you, it can be test your lucky.
BTC is undoubtedly better, i.e. more sound, than all the coins you have named over here.

Not your Keys = Not your Coin | No Risk = No Gain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: