Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap Investigative Service  (Read 14577 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:22:56 PM

This is not a good service. This guy is passing out anyone's information to any one who asks . This shit is sketch it is bad for the bitcoin community and is an excellent way for identity thieves to get the information they need to scam and steal. F!@# this guy for giving my information to a bunch of tech kids.   Angry
Who did he give it out to, and why?  What did you do that makes people want more information about you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tldoctor (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:47:12 PM

This is not a good service. This guy is passing out anyone's information to any one who asks . This shit is sketch it is bad for the bitcoin community and is an excellent way for identity thieves to get the information they need to scam and steal. F!@# this guy for giving my information to a bunch of tech kids.   Angry

"F!@# this guy"  Seriously?! Within the limits of the law, I provided requested information. Look at your last 3 reviews:

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=sublime5447

- While he may be who he claims to be (ask danieldaniel), he is rude, pushy, abusive, and tries to game the rating system. tries to get me to change my ratings. also seems very shady on multiple levels. be very careful.

- Shady as fuc* and troll to boot.

- Likely a scammer, does not want to provide information. Avoids questions about his identity and his intents.

And no, I don't pass out information to anyone that asks. I maintain the right to reject investigation requests. And many of my new clients would disagree with you.

See this is what we call an adult conversation. You should give it a try.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:59:53 PM

I am no scammer and have a great reputation to back me up. I am a business person and i only do good deals. I have never stolen anything from anyone. I am a excellent business person with years of online selling experience and thousands of transactions to prove it. Any negative comments that were left about me are not based on trades and are personal attacks for differing ideas. You service is a breeding ground for scammers and identity thefts. Seriously people might not like it if they were on the receiving end of an unjustified investigation especially if it resulted in frozen accounts or unauthorized transactions. I don't know if legal action can be taken against your service but I am going to ask my lawyer. I dont think what you are doing is illegal just that it is not a good idea who is going to check you out that is my question. Why dont you release all of your information? that you gave to kids on irc to high school students about me. Release your criminal record and ssn and credit history and name and address in a public forum and i will quit bitching.   
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:17:21 PM

To answer what did I do to get people interested in investigating me? I deal in paypal that is how I sell my coins on ebay and facebook and that is how i have bought my coins from the few suppliers I have. I am having to set up multiple accounts to get btc it is a real pain in the ass. I have set up a dwolla and mt gox and now a okpay. I always have pp and that is what i use. I know people dont like it, but i do have sellers that sell to me for PP and need more. When you say PP the community is so paranoid about everyone assumes you are a scammer. I sell for pay pal all day every day when I have coins. I have a system and dont get charged back or I guess i should say that i almost never get charged backed.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:24:45 PM

To answer what did I do to get people interested in investigating me? I deal in paypal that is how I sell my coins on ebay and facebook and that is how i have bought my coins from the few suppliers I have. I am having to set up multiple accounts to get btc it is a real pain in the ass. I have set up a dwolla and mt gox and now a okpay. I always have pp and that is what i use. I know people dont like it, but i do have sellers that sell to me for PP and need more. When you say PP the community is so paranoid about everyone assumes you are a scammer. I sell for pay pal all day every day when I have coins. I have a system and dont get charged back or I guess i should say that i almost never get charged backed.
So you're a buyer of Bitcoins using multiple Paypal accounts?
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:37:07 PM

No I use one paypal account my paypal account the one I have always had.
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:25:00 PM

I am no scammer and have a great reputation to back me up. I am a business person and i only do good deals. I have never stolen anything from anyone. I am a excellent business person with years of online selling experience and thousands of transactions to prove it. Any negative comments that were left about me are not based on trades and are personal attacks for differing ideas. You service is a breeding ground for scammers and identity thefts. Seriously people might not like it if they were on the receiving end of an unjustified investigation especially if it resulted in frozen accounts or unauthorized transactions. I don't know if legal action can be taken against your service but I am going to ask my lawyer. I dont think what you are doing is illegal just that it is not a good idea who is going to check you out that is my question. Why dont you release all of your information? that you gave to kids on irc to high school students about me. Release your criminal record and ssn and credit history and name and address in a public forum and i will quit bitching.   

I've already released everything necessary. Look at my collection agency thread. I don't have a criminal record and I pay for nearly everything in cash or pre-paid cards. In fact if I had a criminal record like yourself, then I wouldn't have access to the tools available to me.  Btw, I never released your credit history or information in a public forum, just to those that claimed they were scammed by you.

But when I start scamming people, I will release my information here. And I highly doubt that even if I released all that information, you would quit bitching. I investigate about 200 people a day. With everyone single one of them, I had a legal request made to me to do so. You don't seem to have this great reputation to back you up from what I've seen, but that's just my opinion.

Bad things can come from my service, but also good things. Like people that have been scammed can get a little (legal) justice where they otherwise could not have.  Anyway, I'm done arguing this point.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:32:39 PM

I've already released everything necessary. Look at my collection agency thread. I don't have a criminal record and I pay for nearly everything in cash or pre-paid cards. In fact if I had a criminal record like yourself, then I wouldn't have access to the tools available to me.  Btw, I never released your credit history or information in a public forum, just to those that claimed they were scammed by you.

But when I start scamming people, I will release my information here. And I highly doubt that even if I released all that information, you would quit bitching. I investigate about 200 people a day. With everyone single one of them, I had a legal request made to me to do so. You don't seem to have this great reputation to back you up from what I've seen, but that's just my opinion.

Bad things can come from my service, but also good things. Like people that have been scammed can get a little (legal) justice where they otherwise could not have.  Anyway, I'm done arguing this point.

Don't you need a Permissible Purpose to obtain a 3rd party's credit report?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:05:53 PM

Yes we do. And collections is one. Pulling credit headers for investigation purposes provided the client has the intent to pursue the subject legally, is permissible enough.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:18:37 PM

ya I do not and have not scammed anyone. I think there needs to be a third party that verifies the claims of your clients. I might be alone in this but I would imagine other members would like to have investigations only happen with confirmed scamming cases with a forum for the accused to defend themselves.
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:06:04 PM

ya I do not and have not scammed anyone. I think there needs to be a third party that verifies the claims of your clients. I might be alone in this but I would imagine other members would like to have investigations only happen with confirmed scamming cases with a forum for the accused to defend themselves.

But what happens if they go and hire someone else. I've made myself known here, but there are other investigators out there. I'm not the only one. Nothing is going to stop them from going elsewhere.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:46:11 PM

I do understand i am a business person and i would not like to put anything in place that would limit the number of customers that use my services. If the discrepancy is over a bitcoin transaction there is no place to resolve the dispute outside of this and bitcoin-otc forums. The only methods of recovery would be force, extortion, or theft. So if someone is unwilling to undergo an evaluation then you could do your investigation no questions asked. If they are willing to prove their case then you leave them alone.     The tow company would love to tow every car but they only get to tow the illegally parked ones. I know you would like to investigate everyone but I believe you should only investigate the people that are doing wrong. I wanted to prove to the community that I am who I say I am. If I trusted you I might pay to have you verify my identity and give me a special icon as verified. I think you could make a lot more money doing that.
When you make a ton off of verifying people throw me some bitcoin. Smiley
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 03:18:00 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2013, 06:24:12 PM by BCB

sublime5447 is not a scammer.

He may have very strong opinions that many people disagree with but to my knowledge he has never defrauded anyone.  And yes ssublime5447 and I have traded significant amounts of btc and ppusd.

Unfortunately in bitcoin with so many real scammers there is a palpable fear and paranoia and any one who is even the least bit suspect of being "sketchy" is guilty until proven innocent.

tldoctor, I find your services obviously very good and necessary, but did you know your client that requested sublime5447's info was not scammed by him and is actually a 14 year old junior high school student.   (sublime5447 did owe him a 2 btc bet which he eventually paid - but that was the extent of his "scamming")

I'm not sure what the legality of minors requesting this kind of information, and you releasing this information to a minor.  I guess if requesting personally identifying information from an investigater to recover a 40.00 bet is legal then you are clear.

just my 2c.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:33:12 PM

Off topic posts have been moved here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142379.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142381.0

Please continue the debate there and leave this thread on its rails.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 07:11:38 PM

tldoctor: 1.5 BTC from me for the comprehensive and credit reports on Trendon Shavers from Mckinney, TX.
The 1.5 should cover your prices since you seem not to have updated your BTC prices on the OP.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 07:14:44 PM

tldoctor: 1.5 BTC from me for the comprehensive and credit reports on Trendon Shavers from Mckinney, TX.
The 1.5 should cover your prices since you seem not to have updated your BTC prices on the OP.
It took this long for someone to ask?  Cheesy

tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 09:00:16 PM

Ya I don't update everyday. I'm very busy with my main job. Better just to look at the US dollar amount and convert. Well its not just about covering prices, but for the work done. I'll do it for 1.5 but no credit report on Trendon. I have my reasons on this particular file. I've already had one person have me to all the work, then said he will pay if it leads to money through a judgment. He was supposed to pay for the investigation. Its not my problem if he gets money or not. Idk...
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 09:29:27 PM

Did you give any thought to my suggestion to start verifying people?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 09:47:51 PM

1.7 BTC covers your price for the 2 reports. I'll pay it.
But only with the credit report. If you done it already for someone who didn't pay you only have some money to retrieve, not to lose.

1.7BTC is my offer for the comprehensive and credit reports.
Both or none.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 09:49:32 PM

Did you give any thought to my suggestion to start verifying people?
Sublime - that debate is for the thread John split off.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: