Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap Investigative Service  (Read 14576 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 08:59:09 PM

You get information on Scarface Tommy (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142233.0) and I'll personally deliver the bitcoins to you and couple shots are on me.

If this is just information you are going to get from intelifinder. Don't waste your time. If you have other resources. More power to you .. do your thing and you'll get paid.

Thanks.

I can do this no problem. My resources a quite better than some paid online source lol. Send me a pm request please with the information and I'll get to it as soon as I wake up, if I can ever get to sleep that is.

Aren't you a paid online source?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tldoctor (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:05:20 PM

But the fact is, this person didn't pay me extra, but out of principle, I won't repeat an investigation on someone for two different clients.
Corrent me, but doesn't this offer a simple method for a scammer to protect himself? The scammer creates a sockpuppet account and uses it to hire and pay you. He gets information about himself, which at a first glance is pretty useless for him, but from that point on you refuse to give this information to others, something that can be quite valueable.

Maybe someone will offer me a lot of money to find someone they want to hurt or have no business finding and I'll turn them down.
Maybe you should start a partnership with russian debt collectors, lol. I'm sure many won't ask for the details as long as they get their money back.

I guess, if someone want to go to that trouble. Never thought of it that way. If I find that to be true, I'll act accordingly.

Look guys, there's always pros and cons to this industry, and I try to run it morally based, but there's always going to be someone happy and someone pissed off. I can't do anything about that. There are plenty of more blackhat investigators that have no morals and only see the dollar sign. All I can do is run my business to the best of my ability. Sorry if that gives people grief, but you should probably direct your complaints to the more blackhat investigators as they'll investigate everyone, including their clients if paid enough. I'm here on this forum, but I'm not the only investigator. There are plenty more. If you want Trendon, just go to them and get whatever you want. Simple solution.
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:07:34 PM

But the fact is, this person didn't pay me extra, but out of principle, I won't repeat an investigation on someone for two different clients.
Corrent me, but doesn't this offer a simple method for a scammer to protect himself? The scammer creates a sockpuppet account and uses it to hire and pay you. He gets information about himself, which at a first glance is pretty useless for him, but from that point on you refuse to give this information to others, something that can be quite valueable.

Maybe someone will offer me a lot of money to find someone they want to hurt or have no business finding and I'll turn them down.
Maybe you should start a partnership with russian debt collectors, lol. I'm sure many won't ask for the details as long as they get their money back.

To be fair, the service being provided has been around long before the advent of Bitcoin, with literally 100's of them scattered across the US. The only thing different here is the accepting of bitcoins for payment and providing said service to the Bitcoiner niche. The service is even being provided at a discount for fellow bitcoiners. I'm sure that the utmost due diligence is preformed before conducting background checks, and sometimes a handful out of 1000's of requests having nefarious intent get through a crack.

Thank you, much appreciated. I've gotten a lot of requests and about 75% I've worked and got paid on. The other 25% I haven't done investigations on. But yes, sometimes things get through the cracks and I can only do the best I can to avoid that.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

I guess, if someone want to go to that trouble. Never thought of it that way. If I find that to be true, I'll act accordingly.

Look guys, there's always pros and cons to this industry, and I try to run it morally based, but there's always going to be someone happy and someone pissed off. I can't do anything about that. There are plenty of more blackhat investigators that have no morals and only see the dollar sign. All I can do is run my business to the best of my ability. Sorry if that gives people grief, but you should probably direct your complaints to the more blackhat investigators as they'll investigate everyone, including their clients if paid enough. I'm here on this forum, but I'm not the only investigator. There are plenty more. If you want Trendon, just go to them and get whatever you want. Simple solution.
There's a handy "Ignore" link below the names of the haters just to help keep your sanity around here.  Wink
RantinRave

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:01:45 PM

Quote from: sublime5447
Scareface tommy was trying to sell to me earlier today. Is he a know scammer? why no Tags?
[/quote

Because he just joined like a week ago and this was the first trade. Kinda make me angry that within a week he was able to post in the marketplace.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:09:27 PM

Quote from: sublime5447
Scareface tommy was trying to sell to me earlier today. Is he a know scammer? why no Tags?
[/quote

Because he just joined like a week ago and this was the first trade. Kinda make me angry that within a week he was able to post in the marketplace.

So he got you? right? Damn I am glad i didnt send. Seemed sketch to me. No online rep anywhere, no email attached, prices a little to good, and willing to work with multiple payment methods. Sorry that happened i hate seeing people get f!@#ed over.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 02:04:59 AM

Hey tldoctor,

What happens if someone you investigate turns out to be someone you've already investigated for someone else? I'm just interested to see how you handle the conflict of interest. Does your contract allow you to renege if that happens? For example, if Scarface Tommy turns out to be Trendon Shaver?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 05:21:55 PM

Hey tldoctor,

What happens if someone you investigate turns out to be someone you've already investigated for someone else? I'm just interested to see how you handle the conflict of interest. Does your contract allow you to renege if that happens? For example, if Scarface Tommy turns out to be Trendon Shaver?

Hasn't happened yet, but if it does, yes I'll renege. The person isn't paying for anything upfront anyway. I will offer a limited report like I tried in the case of trendon, but if the person doesn't agree to a limited report, then I won't.
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:42:40 PM

I've made a decision....

Trendon Shavers - A Free Contribution

you may see it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144321.0
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:15:06 PM

I've made a decision....

I wanted to pay for it to do just that. Thanks for doing it for free, even if it's not complete.
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:26:51 PM

I've made a decision....

I wanted to pay for it to do just that. Thanks for doing it for free, even if it's not complete.

I could be wrong, but didn't you say, "both or neither"... as in you wanted the credit report too, or nothing? Only the client that made the purchase, got the full and complete version. Anyway, you're welcome.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:39:39 PM

I've made a decision....

I could be wrong, but didn't you say, "both or neither"... as in you wanted the credit report too, or nothing? Only the client that made the purchase, got the full and complete version. Anyway, you're welcome.

Yes, I wanted the FULL info to post, and wasn't willing to pay for less than that.
You posted it for free. Courtesy mandates that I should thank you for releasing all that you were willing to release, no?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:15:19 PM

Comprehensive Report:  $25 or 1.403 btc (or whatever the current equivelent of the USD price is)

I took the bait and put down BTC 1 for a full report and I must say I'm amazed what tldoctor was able to dig up

Not sure this would even be possible in Europe (too much privacy law ;-)

I've already put in a second request to trace another customer who used a stolen credit card

"I am SolarSilver and I approve this message" or whatever the disclaimer is :-)
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:37:35 PM

If I were to give you the name of someone who lived in the UK, would you be able to give me relevant info? I have a reasonable amount of info already, no financials. I was told by my lawyer I couldn't pursue debt collection as a US citizen against someone in the UK without dealing with what he called a "legal quagmire". Still, he owes me 22.5 BTC, so I'd be willing to deal with a small amount of "legal quagmire" even if I sold the debt to another UK citizen.

I assume you have contact info & pricing for the cheaper phone centers that will call folks for debt collection as well?
tldoctor (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:47:53 PM

If I were to give you the name of someone who lived in the UK, would you be able to give me relevant info? I have a reasonable amount of info already, no financials. I was told by my lawyer I couldn't pursue debt collection as a US citizen against someone in the UK without dealing with what he called a "legal quagmire". Still, he owes me 22.5 BTC, so I'd be willing to deal with a small amount of "legal quagmire" even if I sold the debt to another UK citizen.

I assume you have contact info & pricing for the cheaper phone centers that will call folks for debt collection as well?

I don't have any info on agencies that would call a UK debt... sorry. My agency doesn't have the licensing for that venture either. And I only work US cases. I could probably find some info out, but probably no more than you could by using google.

Wish I could be of better help.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:58:12 PM

Do you have a use name or anything? I was scammed by a guy in the UK and have all of his personal info if it was the same guy I will share it with you.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 02:36:46 AM

Do you have a use name or anything? I was scammed by a guy in the UK and have all of his personal info if it was the same guy I will share it with you.

bulanula didn't fit the traditional model of a scammer. He's more like a guy that, if you give him a $100 bill for a $10 item, won't make change.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:10:38 AM

bulanula didn't fit the traditional model of a scammer. He's more like a guy that, if you give him a $100 bill for a $10 item, won't make change.

There's more to it than that, Raize, and you know it.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 06:09:28 PM

Yeah, I forgot the part where I also helped to temporarily cover his loss from the A1BITCOINPOOL "scam", the trolling he would do whereby he'd say he was paying in public and then his PMs would be entirely different, the fact that he complained about smart1985 getting his BTC-E account "banned" but it turns out he deleted it just to make smart look bad, and etc.
XxionxX

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

Digital money you say?

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 07:47:01 AM

Hello everyone, I just received a comprehensive report as well as a credit report from tldoctor. He was fast, polite, and made the process an easy one to complete. I highly recommend his services to anyone seeking these types of reports. When I say fast, I mean scary fast.

FAP Turbo 2.0, the FOREX trading robot which also trades bitcoin!

I had to link it because I love the name. Seriously, that is the real name.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: