Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bump Bot : Automatically bumps your topic to keep it on top  (Read 799285 times)
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:17:57 PM

Cool bot.

Btw, I do not prefer to use my account for bumping. So can I use it with a new account?

Also let me know if you are willing to sell it at 0.01 BTC being the first customer. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 07:33:18 PM

No doubt this is a welcomed idea but does this bot works with any other smf stuff or built only for btctalk forum?

noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:10:02 AM

No doubt this is a welcomed idea but does this bot works with any other smf stuff or built only for btctalk forum?
Should work in theory but have not tested it.
I do not doubt that though i need something like this with little modifications.
PM sent.

winstation

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 11:05:50 AM

I would like to see a screenshot of the bot, please send me a PM.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:13:16 AM

When I had long standing marketplace threads that needed to be bumped on a fairly regular basis, I would try to stagger the times I would bump my threads in order to maximize the exposure of my threads. For example if someone regularly accesses the forum at 4:00 PM but I always bump my thread at noon then that person will never see my thread, so I will bump my threads closer to every 28-36 hours or so.

I am not interested in this myself, however out of curiosity is it possible to tweak the bot somewhat to require a larger gap from when the last post was made to when the thread will be bumped again?

I am also curious to know how the bot will know which post to delete. In the case of this thread, the bot is bumping the thread but you are responding to questions from your ak111in account. Would the bot know not to delete a post that you answered a question on when it goes to bump the thread again?
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:00:21 PM

Lol, I coded the same thing 1 year ago and was using it for my website promos ;p
Nice to see there's more people who think the same.

BTC_Police

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:18:02 PM

it will be more useful if you add some more function which i really want !
it's notify me [chrome notification type  Roll Eyes ]whenever i receive a new message and new reply on my topic
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:49:10 AM

Lol, I coded the same thing 1 year ago and was using it for my website promos ;p
Nice to see there's more people who think the same.

Hey man. Nice to see you here.
Can you enlighten me with your script?

Pm me if you have it still with you. Grin
Mist

Activity: 434

:)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:23:30 PM

Is this allowed? I can't see why it wouldn't be but the rules can be pretty selectively enforced around here sometimes.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 07:07:35 PM

Is this allowed? I can't see why it wouldn't be but the rules can be pretty selectively enforced around here sometimes.

Of course that it is allowed, check the first post and you can see that this bot follows the forum rules by bumping once every 24 hours:

Features:
>Follows forum rules of one bump per 24hr and deleting old bumps before posting new one.

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:43:45 AM

>Bump text can be customized.

Can this bot be set up to change the bump text every day for a certain amount of time, or will users have to do this manually?
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:55:04 AM

Is this bot safe to use?I don't get hacked Huh
This bot doesn't seem very safe to use to me. And what do you mean by "I don't get hacked?" Do you not want to get hacked or something?
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:46:26 AM

This bot doesn't seem very safe to use to me. And what do you mean by "I don't get hacked?" Do you not want to get hacked or something?

He's asking if you will get hacked by using this bot. I don't think safety is an issue, as your posts will be bumped by the "bumpbot" account and not yours, but OP, could you please elaborate on this? If it is bumped with our account, will we have to provide our passwords?
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:15:15 AM

Someone already said that you need to enter your login details in the script to make it work.

The seller is also newbie (obviously an old member created a new account to sell this, we don't know his intentions).

There are chances for getting hacked, so becareful if you want to buy.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:27:35 AM

The seller is also newbie (obviously an old member created a new account to sell this, we don't know his intentions).
Both the OP and the 2nd post disclose the identity of the Hero member who created the script. From what I can gather, he created the new account in order to generate additional interest in his script.

PM: ak111in or post below.

edit: I have no idea as to how trustworthy the OP is, but am rather saying that he is not an experienced member hiding behind a newbie account and therefore should not be trusted.
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:06:03 AM

Both the OP and the 2nd post disclose the identity of the Hero member who created the script. From what I can gather, he created the new account in order to generate additional interest in his script.

edit: I have no idea as to how trustworthy the OP is, but am rather saying that he is not an experienced member hiding behind a newbie account and therefore should not be trusted.

Oh, I thought the same. Until I see this => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1389668.msg14124359#msg14124359

Got a bit confused there, anyway. Nevermind. Sorry
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:09:28 AM

Oh, I thought the same. Until I see this => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1389668.msg14124359#msg14124359
Yes, in order to make sure the script is not malicious you will need to personally inspect the script. However the person behind the OP does have some level of reputation and it would be fairly trivial to prove that he gave you something malicious.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

Bump Bot:

Features:
>Automatically bumps your topic to keep it on top.
>Follows forum rules of one bump per 24hr and deleting old bumps before posting new one.
>Script can work with any bitcointalk account.
>Just setup the script once and enjoy more views/users to your topic.
>Bump text can be customized.

Written in php.

Script cannot be resold or made open source.

Price : 0.02 BTC

You go first or you pay escrow fees if escrow is used.
If you are trusted, I can go first.

This topic is set to autobump.

this is funny...a such bot is of course cheating...
and you ask that the script can not be resold?
Buyers have to be honnest and dishonnest...(lol)

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:22:40 PM

Id like to buy this. If Mitchell didn't straight up say this was against the rules, I guess it's alright.

Can you provide a vouch copy/first sale discount? Hehe.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:23:39 AM

Interesting thing you got for sale.
Wish you best of luck with your product.

Hopefully it is not against the terms of bitcointalk.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: