Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: - Idiot proof "How To" info -  (Read 1031 times)
theshoemaker (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:43:42 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 05:21:56 PM by theshoemaker

When looking for basic security information, it seems there are a thousand threads discussing "Lost wallet", "transactions gone after restore", "HELP lost my stuff", etc.  I'm guessing this is because much of the direction on the wiki or from apparently knowledgable folks on the forum is either not clear and simple enough, have some outdated information, or is not comprehensive enough to keep us from falling into pitfalls.  After a fair amount of perusing, I'm still left with a myriad of questions and lack of confidence.

Seems, until the client is robust enough to save us from these pitfalls, we need clear and idiot proof step-by-step outlines for things like:
- how to make a wallet backup
- how to split a wallet
- how to restore a wallet

It should go on the wiki but maybe we can start that here.  Or, if you think that already exists, by all means post a link and we'll see if it's bulletproof or refine-able.  My guess is that even the very educated would benefit from following a checklist of steps when it comes to dealing with large quantities to avoid accidents. ...or so it would seem from all of the "oops" postings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: