Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:42:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Douglus should remove cryptodevil from DT due to conflict of interest  (Read 8980 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:54:19 AM

Now that it is revealed that Douglus is involved in ponzi schemes, maybe he is keeping cryptodevil in his trust list to week out all the ponzi competition and then open a massive ponzi scheme of his own  Shocked

I am not involved in Ponzi schemes. Nothing was revealed because nothing was hidden.

Maybe you're just another idiot QuickSeller alt. See how this "maybe" game works?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 06:29:38 AM

Now that it is revealed that Douglus is involved in ponzi schemes, maybe he is keeping cryptodevil in his trust list to week out all the ponzi competition and then open a massive ponzi scheme of his own  Shocked

I am not involved in Ponzi schemes. Nothing was revealed because nothing was hidden.

Maybe you're just another idiot QuickSeller alt. See how this "maybe" game works?

Not maybe, he most certainly is, 100%
hikedoon

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:18:27 PM

I'll just leave this here,it seems to be relevant. Roll Eyes
I saw this and thought of Bitcointalk.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886915006327
 Abstract
We developed and tested a novel scale to measure Need for Drama (NFD), a compound maladaptive personality trait in which people impulsively manipulate others from a position of perceived victimhood. We confirmed a three factor model of NFD consisting of interpersonal manipulation, impulsive outspokenness, and persistent perceived victimhood factors using Mechanical Turk and college student samples. The pattern of correlations between the NFD factors, dark-triad, attitudes toward gossip, and locus of control, suggest that NFD individuals can be characterized as manipulative, gossipy, and reactive. Correlations to Big-5 personality traits indicate NFD individuals are neurotic, lack conscientiousness, and are slightly more disagreeable. Tests of measurement invariance established that the factor structure and factor loadings of NFD are equivalent between men and women. Organizational, social, and personality researchers may find the NFD measure useful as a predictor of counterproductive workplace behaviors and other maladaptive interpersonal interactions. Future directions and limitations are discussed.

mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 05:48:48 PM

As many of you know, cryptodevil has been leaving negative trust for people that post in the ponzi section under the guise that these people are promoting a ponzi when they post in a thread about a ponzi.

What you may not have noticed is that the only reason why cryptodevil is in Default Trust is because he was added by dooglus. Douglus is the operator and sole owner of Just-Dice which competes directly with ponzis. The reason why Just-Dice competes with ponzies is because players of ponzis are gambling that the ponzi will continue to receive enough additional money to continue to pay and that the OP of the ponzi will not run away before paying out the player's stake. Players of Just-Dice are gambling that a roll will be under or over a certain number based on a complex mathematical formula.

There is a clear and concise conflict of interest here because dooglus is directly benefiting from cryptodevil leaving negative trust for anyone who plays in a ponzi. This drives people away from this form of gambling and some of these players will migrate to gambling at Just-Dice.

Furthermore cryptodevil is leaving negative trust for people who are attempting to start new types of gambling games not frequently seen in the bitcoin scene. To make matters worse, he is leaving negative trust to anyone who says that such new gambling game would be fun.

The refrence for the person attempting to start new types of gambling games not frequently seen in the bitcoin scene is a lottery game, and the refrence for the person "encouraging" people to play at this "scam" is a post of someone saying this kind of game would be fun, and even said that the game will be risky and implied it might not be "legit". This is something that has further benefited dooglus because anyone considering to play this game would be labeled a scammer, funneling potential gamblers to play at Just-Dice.

Douglus should remove cryptodevil from his trust list to prevent himself receiving undue benefit from cryptodevil's actions. If someone else believes that cryptodevil is deserving to be in Default Trust then they are free to add cryptodevil provided there is not another conflict of interest.

The strangest piece of this puzzle is that dooglus has actually given positive trust to a ponzi operator in the past for "being honest about being a ponzi" and refused to remove such positive trust even after being made aware that he left positive trust for someone who stole money from others. Maybe it was because the date of the trust was a time when Just-Dice was closed and such form of gambling would not compete with Just-Dice.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1208053.0

local rule: No discussing the merits behind leaving negative trust for people who post about playing in a ponzi -- this is already something that cryptodevil is engaging in, and cryptodevil has made it clear that he has no intention of stopping this practice.

local rule: No ad-hominem attacks

CryptoDevil is the #1 hardest critic I have faced.  You have to appreciate and overcome his questions.  We had to switch to a Moderated because we were not ready for his questions.  My advice is to take his criticism to heart and answer them as best you can.  Sadly, he is not wrong with his observations and sees everything from a different perspective.  You are not going to get much past him.

I have added him to my trust.

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.
gorgon666

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:36:33 AM

I have done some research and have discovered some non-conclusive evidence that points to cryptodevil being Antreas Kililis from Cyprus who was the owner of buddyhost.com, a hosting company that disappeared one day and ran away with customers funds without helping any customers migrate their websites. You can read about this web hosting company here: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1245319

cryptodevil, what do you have to say to this accusation?

If anyone can find more evidence that links cryptodevil to Antreas Kililis please post it.
This guy is probably cryptodevil based on the messages he sent me
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:46:16 AM

I have done some research and have discovered some non-conclusive evidence that points to cryptodevil being Antreas Kililis from Cyprus who was the owner of buddyhost.com, a hosting company that disappeared one day and ran away with customers funds without helping any customers migrate their websites. You can read about this web hosting company here: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1245319

If anyone can find more evidence that links cryptodevil to Antreas Kililis please post it.

Do you have any proof of that or are you full of shit? THanks.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:54:46 AM

Do you have any proof of that or are you full of shit? THanks.

Oh this should be good. My money's on 'full of shit'.

Go on, gorgon, let's see these 'messages'? Cos the *real* odd thing is that I can't seem to find any record of ever having pm'd you or, for that matter, received such from you.

Also 'strange' how the dumb speculation of an obvious sock-puppet account is resurrected three months later by another sock-puppet account.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:30:19 PM

Also 'strange' how the dumb speculation of an obvious sock-puppet account is resurrected three months later by another sock-puppet account.

gorgon666 added to the list of likely Quickseller alts
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 12:32:36 PM

I'm a respected member of the crypto community.
A respected newbie?  Roll Eyes

I think he should be banned.
Trust ratings aren't moderated unless there are extreme cases of abuse, ergo they won't be banned.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 12:53:48 PM

Forums can be held liable for defamation by their users if they know about it and don't remove it.
No, I highly doubt anybody is going to remove something that doesn't break the rules unless requested by a court order.

I doubt that this reaches that threshold  but if a site allows other users to troll newbies in such a way it doesn't say much good about the site.
You aren't being trolled, and such users usually deserve what they get (i.e. it is a consequence of their actions). Thousands of newbies are doing just fine here.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 01:02:09 PM

Cryptodevil altered my trust rating - I HAVE NEVER TRADED WITH HIM - I DO NOT KNOW WHO HE IS.

I'm a respected member of the crypto community. All I have done on this forum is disagree with his opinion and he DEFAMES me and could financially affect my trading.

He accuses me PUBLICLY as a Leocoin SHILL - I have no association with Leocoin and have even stated in my first unedited post that I would not invest in Leocoin.

I'd delete my account if I could but apparently that isn't possible on this site either.

What a nice way to treat a newbie to this site. I think he should be banned.

Looks like your trust rating is spot on:

There are many successful MLM products as well - like Avon, Herbalife and Amway - all which interestingly have associations with LEOcoin.

Brand new account created to defend MLM scams on behalf of the MLM scamcoin Leocoin. Gtfo sockie.

What exactly are you so unhappy about?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 02:03:05 PM

words

I quoted one line because I didn't want to bring that whole wall of text over here. Anybody can click the quote link, or cryptodevil's trust reference and decide for themselves. All I'm saying is that your trust rating is factual as far as I can see. If cryptodevil made something up, like "User is selling arms to terrorists", that would be a shitty feedback. This is not the case here. You are defending MLM and despite your disclaimer at the top of the post you seem to be making an argument for LEOcoin. If you wanted to make a generic "praise MLM" post perhaps the LEOcoin scam thread was not the best place to do it.

Edit: and nice try with the Ethereum straw man... nothing to do with your trust.
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:25:47 PM

Xtraelv, you can't delete accounts here, but I can't imagine you're attached to yours yet.  Just create a new one and don't give support to scammy stuff like MLMs.  Which are scams, btw.  And if you've been reading anything on this forum you'd know this sort of thing is taken quite seriously.

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 03:43:43 PM

Xtraelv, you can't delete accounts here, but I can't imagine you're attached to yours yet.  Just create a new one and don't give support to scammy stuff like MLMs.  Which are scams, btw.  And if you've been reading anything on this forum you'd know this sort of thing is taken quite seriously.

Probably really good advice. but it would make my account look like what he accuses me of being. A sock puppet. I've given him a negative trust rating back - which will look dodgy if I abandon this account.

If you were serious about cleaning this up you should stop posting, remove all your posts or at least the MLM ones, remove the neg you left for cryptodevil, and PM him asking to reconsider.

Or what Backside said.

However if you insist on the "benefits" of MLM the way you've done so far I think your trust will stay red.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:58:28 PM

I'm not begging some self appointed cyberbully to remove feedback that he unjustly placed.

I  think calling Leocoin cult like and that I wouldn't invest in it makes fairly clear that I'm not advertising it.

There is no other way to remove the feedback unless the "self appointed cyberbully" as in your words,wants to.You know,forum's trust insn't moderated.

I have reported cyberdevil to the bitcointalk admin for abusing the trust rating system. We will see if anything happens.

I know plenty of people on here that I have actually traded with and that know me in real life so i can probably fix the feedback that way.

Nothing would happen really.You shouldn't be bothered about the feedback if people know you well.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 11:34:44 PM

I'm not begging some self appointed cyberbully to remove feedback that he unjustly placed.
No one suggested that you did; asking isn't begging. Get rid of the problem (the posts which led to your negative trust) and there will be nothing to distrust you over. Cryptodevil seems like a reasonable guy so long as you're mature about it, I expect that he will reconsider should you talk to him nicely.

I  think calling Leocoin cult like and that I wouldn't invest in it makes fairly clear that I'm not advertising it.
I don't think that the problem is the coin its self, more how it works. When looking at the feedback, this is what strikes me the most:
Brand new account created to defend MLM scams on behalf of the MLM scamcoin Leocoin. Gtfo sockie.
Which you clearly did throughout your post:
MLM IS NOT NECESSARILY A BAD WORD
There are many successful MLM products as well - like Avon, Herbalife and Amway - all which interestingly have associations with LEOcoin.
MLM unlike crypto is easier to understand by non computer geeks.

Ignoring the specifics of LEOcoin, you are defending something that cryptodevil sees as untrustworthy. This therefore makes you untrustworthy.
Much like tagging Ponzi promoters it is not the specific Ponzi website that is the problem - it is Ponzis all together. I think that this idea is the basis of the trust rating.

I have reported cryptodevil to the bitcointalk admin for abusing the trust rating system. We will see if anything happens.
Nothing will. Read up on the DT system and you will see that moderation is near to non-existent with the exception of extreme abuse. This is not said abuse.

I know plenty of people on here that I have actually traded with and that know me in real life so i can probably fix the feedback that way.
And unless those users are on the DT system their feedback will not affect your trust rating (when being viewed via the default trust settings). Unless those users are on DT4 or above, your trust rating will still be negative when viewed by (I expect) the majority of the forum.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 6787

Cashback 15%

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:20:46 AM

Probably really good advice. but it would make my account look like what he accuses me of being. A sock puppet. I've given him a negative trust rating back - which will look dodgy if I abandon this account.

Whah?  No one would know you created a new account.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people on this forum who do that constantly.  You haven't used your current account much, so who cares?

Trust isn't moderated here, as everyone has said, and I've come to believe that it's a good thing.  Can you imagine the power trips and all the other BS that would go on if it were moderated?  If you think people bitch and moan now, it'd be worse by a factor of at least 5 if mods had that sort of power.  As people say, if there's no reference link, forget it. 

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 02:21:15 PM

Yes - but unlike cryptodevil I don't use sock puppets.  I use the same username in most of the forums I'm on - so people know me as xtraelv.  I use it on ebay and it is actually quite easy to find out who I am. I don't hide behind anonymous user names. I've got no problem with people knowing who I am. I'm straight up and police vetted regularly for my occupation.

I think it is sorted now. Some of the users from other forums have given me a trust rating so Cryptodevils -1 doesn't matter - It just shows he is a dickhead - which I've accepted and I have moved on.  I've given him a -1 which now shows up in red. He demands transparency yet hides behind anonymity - which is dodgy.

No doubt he fights scams and probably does a lot of good. I've read through some of his posts. But doing some good doesn't give an automatic right to act like a dickhead to everyone that has a different opinion.

Your retaliatory feedback for cryptodevil and your reciprocal ratings with those other users (copy-pasta without reference links) don't make you look more trustworthy, quite the opposite actually. Astonishing ignorance, especially considering the plentiful reasonable advice you've been given here.
RHavar
Legendary

Activity: 2557
Merit: 1886

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:15:08 PM

Your retaliatory feedback for cryptodevil and your reciprocal ratings with those other users (copy-pasta without reference links) don't make you look more trustworthy, quite the opposite actually. Astonishing ignorance, especially considering the plentiful reasonable advice you've been given here.

I think it's pretty understandable for someone to be upset and leave retaliatory feedback for getting negative repped for defending MLM as a concept. (Although personally, I think MLM schemes are cancerous).  But if he's the same xtraelv from other sites like ebay, it's would also kind of invalidate the whole sockpuppet accusation too.

Check out gamblingsitefinder.com for a decent list/rankings of crypto casinos. Note: I have no affiliation or interest in it, and don't even agree with all the rankings ... but it's the only uncorrupted review site I'm aware of.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 07:45:30 PM

I think it's pretty understandable for someone to be upset and leave retaliatory feedback for getting negative repped for defending MLM as a concept. (Although personally, I think MLM schemes are cancerous).  But if he's the same xtraelv from other sites like ebay, it's would also kind of invalidate the whole sockpuppet accusation too.

I know cryptodevil to be a reasonable enough person to consider all that so if xtraelv really wanted some resolution and not just drama - I'm sure that was possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: