Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:49:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you use Bitcoin?  (Read 1371 times)
Duckphobia

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 06:50:44 AM

I only discovered bitcoin a few days ago when my friend gave me 5BTC as a birthday present. I'm still learning how to use it; maybe someone can help me or point me to some links?

But so far I like it for the fast transactions and none of that 0.30+2.9% fees!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benderb

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:02:03 AM

I originally found out about Bitcoin a  long time ago and really didn't have any idea how wonderful it is. Currently I use it to sell a digital product I created. It has been working great and I plan to keep using Bitcoin for everything I can.

I only recently thought about using it as an investment. It seems like a great place to retain value. Especially with the dollar crash coming.
Got BTC

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:06:29 AM

The exchange fee's are crazy on them. I can sell one BTC for +50% profit to some people, and up to 100 BTC a day.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:39:50 AM

to stay ahead of the game

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
AndrH

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 01:08:55 PM

I'm a merchant and have my own website. I use OKPAY as a payment gateway and accept Bitcoin as one of the payment methods. I'm very pleased with this method because processing fees are lowered to 2.5% for a deposit/payment and 1% for a withdrawal. I think It's the most simple and user-friendly bitcoin processing services. They have the best fees and best Bitcoin functionality offered on the market.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 01:24:48 PM

because bitcoin is like global company or a corporation where I can be a member without any regulation

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 05:50:40 PM

Because bitcoin turns the world into one giant garage sale!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
PeterChang

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:14:55 PM

I think it's a fun concept and a geeky hobby for me Smiley I also like to think that I'm helping to build an alternative to banks and paypal Smiley
jo

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:12:39 PM

I'm interested in using bitcoin for Privacy, Research, and Forex.  Perhaps long-term investment, too, but that's not my primary reason.

Privacy, because as others have pointed out, transactions I believe are good and ethical, and legal, could be seen negatively by the state at some point in the future.  So its better if there's no permanent record of the transaction.  I'll still pay my taxes and keep the law, and I'm not hiding anything, but there's no reason for the state to know just cause they want to.

Research.  Well, not formal research, but after reading a handful of articles about bitcoin, I'm curious.

Forex.  I'm traveling overseas, and if I can use bitcoin to move money from the fiat currency of my home country to the local fiat currency of the countries my travels take me to, I'll avoid a lot of high currency exchange fees.

If anybody enjoyed my reply and wants to donate any bitcoin, that'll help get me started:

19u3xMvzSDK2cszKF2xyhcwuzfv6SyNKmp

Cheers!
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 11:21:38 PM

I use bitcoins because I am interested in ending statism.

If as Ron Paul said, 'governments have nothing, everything they have they get from taking from productive individuals' - ie: Taxation..

Then for me, rather than protesting government, fighting government.. Instead I'd like to support, endorse and promote a currency which cannot be controlled, is totally anonymous and cannot be taxed - thus - ending statism.

This. And a whole lot more besides. There are few limits with Bitcoin - apart from the just-below-21-million money supply of course! Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
AndrewJ

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 10:52:16 PM

I use bitcoin for security and anonymity and investing bitcoins in projects that may increase in the future.
HighInBC

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:31:13 AM

It is fast and the fees are cheap.
JustJake

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Numisalis - Physical Tradable Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 02:30:35 AM

Unlike others I do not mind paying taxes to my government.  I think they are greedy, corrupt, inefficient, and stupid, but I also work at a largish corp and it isn't much better.  That is sort of the price you pay to have a bunch of people work together and I enjoy a lot of what the government provides.  I like bitcoin because it is much more efficient than people.  I think the people who have decided how money can be moved charge way to much for their meager responsibility.  I think this is a free market answer to display how they don't actually provide that much of a service to be charging what they do.

That and I appreciate the honesty and elegance of the system.  So very open and so very hard to crack.
addi

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 07:48:37 PM

Originally I bought as investment, but they are soo handy to use for purchasing I'm using it for all sorts of stuff now

QualitySeeds

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

Buy Ganjs Seeds with BTC @ www.qualityseeds.nl

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 08:08:56 PM

I use it allot and for all kinds of reason already mention't by other forum members

U can buy marijuana seeds with BTC here !!!...

www.qualityseeds.nl

Legit Service for over 4 years
LibertyBit

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 11:04:16 PM

There are many reasons I use Bitcoin, which probably includes all of the answers listed. These reasons taken together, point to a revolution in the financial industry. With that, a whole new industry will be born - creating an incredible amount of new opportunities. There is potential to transform and liberate the world of trade/exchange as the internet has done with communication. What could be more rewarding than that?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: