Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:06:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted posts are not good for freedom of speech  (Read 761 times)
greenuser (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:45:06 PM

Do not start threads about Slushpool in the mining>pool area. it will be locked or deleted.
The moderator owns pools in competiton with slush.  He has multiple threads about his pool but  multiple threads  on other pools are not alowed.  So much for  freedom of speech

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brownuser

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:55:47 PM

Paula ,its evident to all by now (I have been a non posting reader of the forum for some time) that you are not the brightest star in the sky and have trouble understanding boundaries....you dont fit the demographic;
a) you are a electronics engineer not a coder
b)are female

but know this ,there IS free speech .For the dumb .

And I have had my posts deleted mysteriously too .
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 05:53:52 PM

There is a list of rules that have to be followed. That is all.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
greenuser (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:06:37 PM

--Poor Cartoon--

There is a list of rules that have to be followed. That is all.
OK, you want me out, your gona have to get your hands dirty and throw me out.  I am highlighting how bitcoin is not decentralised.  I am willing to fight for the potential freedom of Bitcoin. I wont go quietly.

To all.
Come and see the violence inherent in the system

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:13:29 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 06:53:05 PM by Lauda

If you repeatedly break any of the rules (currently more than 32) you will get yourself "thrown out". This is a privately owned forum and has nothing to do with the fact that Bitcoin is decentralized which is something that every member should know.

Tl;Dr: Your post is nonsense. Have a lovely evening.

Update: Retracted. However, apparently you want respect where respect is not due. Don't expect the soft-treatment.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:22:07 PM

Tl;Dr: You're retarded. 
Im not sure why the moderators are talking to users in their capacity as a moderator like this.

I would think at a bare minimum moderates should treat users with respect when acting as a moderator. In reality they should attempt to make them feel welcome. This statement does neither.

This thread was pointless,since we do not need to spread multiple threads on the same topic no matter how bad you may feel about the issues at hand.
The only issue I have is the response mirrors the current forum police attitude and that plays into all kinds of conspiracy theories or the week. Maybe the Mods need a wage increase or a paid vacation. Cool

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 07:25:22 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 07:52:29 PM by Lauda

This thread was pointless,since we do not need to spread multiple threads on the same topic no matter how bad you may feel about the issues at hand.
I've added an update to my post, ergo the quoted post is irrelevant now. Interestingly, there weren't that many complaints on the matter, but suddenly a lot of people started their topics in a short time period (coincidence?). I just don't understand the urge to create a new thread when there are so many on the same subject. Additionally, nobody created a properly structured thread where they've presented examples of bad moderation and suggestions on how to avoid these situations/improve related rules; all they do is complain.

The only issue I have is the response mirrors the current forum police attitude and that plays into all kinds of conspiracy theories or the week.
Are you talking about the DT drama? The forum staff does not moderate this.

Maybe the Mods need a wage increase or a paid vacation. Cool
Moderators are not paid, ergo there is no wage.

Update:
I have one issue in my head these days and usually is the trust drama. Tend to fixate on one issue,not able to hold to many things in my head at one time.
Understood. However, this is off-topic to this thread and we should not discuss it here.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Zeke2345

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:41:47 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 07:41:59 PM by Zeke2345

I've added an update to my post, ergo the quoted post is irrelevant now. Interestingly, there weren't that many complaints on the matter, but suddenly a lot of people started their topics in a short time period (coincidence?). I just don't understand the urge to create a new thread when there are so many on the same subject. Additionally, nobody created a properly structured thread where they've presented examples of bad moderation and suggestions on how to avoid these situations/improve related rules; all they do is complain.

The only issue I have is the response mirrors the current forum police attitude and that plays into all kinds of conspiracy theories or the week.
Are you talking about the DT drama? The forum staff does not moderate this.

Maybe the Mods need a wage increase or a paid vacation. Cool
Moderators are not paid, ergo there is no wage.

Update:
I have one issue in my head these days and usually is the trust drama. Tend to fixate on one issue,not able to hold to many things in my head at one time.
Understood. However, this is off-topic to this thread and we should not discuss it here.

Sorry Lauda was on my cell phone when we communicated about this and then company dropped in and was unable to straighten this thread out.

The trust issue does stem off this because people that have a deleted thread often will think their is a agenda in play. Reason they start topics and go forward with a more intense vigor then you would expect. Usually it comes down to optics and lately with the trust brigade(Sorry no idea what to call them) it gives a image that you step out of line,you will suffer. This may or may not be the case but the optics are real.
But my comment that I made was off topic for sure in why I brought it up.

A containment thread would most likely make the issue worse and really no idea how you settle it because things will not change for anyones benefit or against once the deed has been done.

Suggest maybe people that feel they are being unjustly dealt with build a solid case,one post will not cut it.
You need a strong case and end of the day is it even worth the time?

I write the ones that seem close to the mod not reading the whole thread and I do not blame them. Mostly its my choice of words that I did not define the issue in relation to the thread. Maybe my view will change with time but I think we are all human and sometimes perception is off for us.

brownuser

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:03:22 PM

Nice to see this thread stay on topic... Roll Eyes
Zeke2345

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:46:20 PM

Nice to see this thread stay on topic... Roll Eyes
We mutually deleted a few posts, reason it seems off. Besides there are three similaf threads going in relation to deleted threads.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: