Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long u use your mininghardware  (Read 839 times)
deLEILA (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:35:53 AM

Was wondering how long u guys mine with your hardware.

I'd guess the really proffessional, big miners buy as soon as its released and sell them further after few weeks, and get themself the new stuff then.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3416

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:50:29 AM

Personally (back in the days, I mined using GPU's only and mostly after ROI, I would have mined for another 3 to 4 months before I sold them and invested in better GPU's) but now as you have pointed, those who are after good amount of profits (professional and serious miners), by new mining rigs in large quantities (the moment it's on the market), and start to mine with them and regardless of ROI (which for most new miners would fall something between 3 to 4ish months with difficulty increases - assuming they got the most efficient ones), until they have surplus the ROI and have some profit all up to few months before a new mining rig be released (sometimes there's news of upcoming new rig or new chips, so that helps out).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:09:35 AM

i usually do 2-3 months no more, unless there is still profit, but of course i sell only the miners not the rig itself

selling mienrs and buying the better coming one, is a part of the mining thing
FUBAR-BDHR

Activity: 702
Merit: 1000

★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 07:00:32 PM

All my miners made ROI so as long as they are making more than the cost to run them.  Sold most of my S1 units but still have 1 running as a space heater.  Unfortunately that cost of electric means they will be turned off as soon as it gets warm out since I won't be able to offset the cost of electric with heating my house with the miners.

sanadas

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:02:25 AM

i usually do 2-3 months no more, unless there is still profit, but of course i sell only the miners not the rig itself

The S7 appeared more than 6 months ago. Did you sell them 2-3 months after, when did you buy them?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:17:29 AM

Was wondering how long u guys mine with your hardware.

I'd guess the really proffessional, big miners buy as soon as its released and sell them further after few weeks, and get themself the new stuff then.

The big problem is you can get a little profit doing this and flipping on ebay.   BUT if you get a bad buyer that uses it for a few weeks or month even then wins a paypal dispute you lose big money.  People on this board are smart enough to buy direct.... so hard to sell for a markup on most miners.

I sold a R1 a month later person went to paypal said it was not a reliable wireless  router.... yes the R1 is a cheap router all buyers should know this going in.  Yes it is not great to use as router if your wanting one to connect to and get internet on multiple devices.  But almost a month later I got the R1 back and had to give him his money back.   People exploit paypal on miner... it is sad but some do it.

I like buying and keeping for a while.   I normally keep till it's a generation old and my ROI math makes me think I can sell and make more then mining.  And in some cases it is a good amount more selling.    So I keep my gear quite a while in most cases.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 03:56:32 AM

Personally I think its best to use the hardware for 2 months or so, then try to time the sale close to when the next gen of miners will be coming out.  If you get lucky you may be able to turn a profit this way, but at the cost of labor.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:19:46 AM

Personally I think its best to use the hardware for 2 months or so, then try to time the sale close to when the next gen of miners will be coming out.  If you get lucky you may be able to turn a profit this way, but at the cost of labor.

New gen does not come out every 2 months at this point, it's kinda slowed down we have fewer hardware companies.   Look at S7 it has been current gen for much longer then  2 months.

Also we normally don't have 2 month warning on next gen coming out due to companies being so private.   You can speculate but it's very hard right no to say when next gen launches.

And selling hardware can be hard on getting profit.  People on forums buy direct used market you get paid less then the miners current price which makes sense.  You really have to risk ebay and paypal to get these profits on sales.  And that opens up a can of worms.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:46:48 AM

The S7 appeared more than 6 months ago. Did you sell them 2-3 months after, when did you buy them?

no i did this trick with another asic, for scrypt mining, i usually do not buy bitcoin miners, not profitable with my electricity, but altcoin miners are profitable

gpu are easily soldable after 3 month hell even 1 year, with asic for bitcoin it's better to stay under 3 months
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: