Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Millions of Features, Features for Me  (Read 646 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:00:19 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 03:17:47 PM by StanLarimer

Here are some new opportunities to own individual features and the revenue they earn.  
You can keep all the feature's profits for yourself or
sell some of it off as a Fee Backed Asset (FBA) that gives the holder(s) a share in that feature's profit stream.  
Forever.
Or until you sell them in the decentralized market.

This emphasizes that BitShares has evolved into a general purpose platform for quickly implementing new business models that take advantage of the products and services offered by other businesses that have located on the same platform.  That makes it more than a coin, more that an exchange inside a coin, and more than just the OpenLedger.info network of decentralized exchanges.  Now other business models can play too.  All on one real time blockchain based business platform.

We've only been talking about this for a week or so and are already starting to get a nice set of FBAs up for sale (although not quite millions yet).  Once this gets going, I expect there will be a lot of new revenue streams to own. Each FBA seems much more interesting than a typical meme-based altcoin that pays nothing but hope of speculative appreciation.  

You can jump into the whole discussion here:  Millions of Features, Features for Me

It starts out as follows:

There are far too many opportunities out there and prioritizing new features for BitShares becomes very challenging.  Polls/Voting, etc are not good means of prioritizing. Profit is perhaps the most important means of prioritizing.

So I would like to take some time to outline a plan I am devising for getting features lined up and prioritized based upon the concept of Fee Backed Assets (FBA).  For each of the following features I will create a UIA that represents stake in the future fees generated from that feature.  Community members / "investors" can place bids in an open auction to buy stake in these features.   These bids will represent current demand for the feature and help establish a price.   Once the price and depth get to a level that we feel justifies building the feature, we will sell the UIA into the buy wall.    We will keep the proceeds of this purchase locked up until the feature is delivered.  When the feature is delivered, the UIA will be converted into a FBA and the proceeds of the sale will become our private property.  

In addition to creating the UIA we will also create a corresponding worker proposal that is symbolic of shareholder support for enabling the feature.  The worker proposal must be funded before we will sell into the buy wall of the UIA.  

BitShares stakeholders will now have price information that indicates how the market values each potential feature.  This price information can in turn be used to inform them on which features they should vote for.   A highly valued feature means that the market believes that feature will generate significant ROI and therefore be profitable for BitShares holders.  

As a company, Cryptonomex is interested in working on the most profitable features.  Those features that we can sell for the highest price will get the highest priority.  

Examples of features for which we will be creating a UIA and/or worker:

0. Stealth Transactions
1. Bond Market (Poloniex Style Lending)
2. Prediction Market (Auger Style)
3. Ethereum (or something similar) VM integration
4. Liquidity Incentivisation
5. Gambling Systems

The assumption for all features is that a working reference GUI will be provided to make the features accessible.  Each feature will be fully documented with a detailed design complete with UI wireframes prior to Cryptonomex taking any money.  We want to ensure that the community knows what they are bidding on and to maximize the price we can get for each feature.   Bidding can start early (prior to detailed documentation), and users can cancel their bids if they change their minds prior to us locking them in.  

So to get this started, please place your bids for the MAKER asset which will earn 20% of all liquidity incentivization rewards if the Liquidity Incentivization proposal is approved and executed.  Lets see how the community actually values this potential feature and then move on from there.

Millions of features, features for me
Millions of features, features for fees

Look out!

Cool

Peaches == Features

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvAnQqVJ3XQ

Movin' to the country,
Gonna get a lot of features
Features come from a can
They were put there by Dan
On a farm far from town
If I had my little way
I'd get more features every day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:39:39 PM

I really don't understand what this all is but it looks interesting, umm maybe you can make an idiots guide to understanding it xP.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 01:59:37 PM

Each FBA seems much more interesting than a typical meme-based altcoin that pays nothing but hope of speculative appreciation.  

I agree, “seems” is the right word to use in the context of the straw man you offer but is it something you can provide solid support for or is it basically an adopted position?

Cheers

Graham
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:28:06 PM

Do I get this right: Not only will you now get paid by a worker proposal for each feature developed but also by selling a token for every single feature? And I suppose you will retain the copyright to the code Bitshares holders are going to pay you twice to write?

Bitshares had so much potential, but each new development for ages just looks like another way to funnel cash into the developers pockets without actually needing to deliver a product good enough for people to want to use it.

TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:22:46 AM

Where can I find a list and the actual marketplace for the Fee Backed Assets that are up for sale?

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: