Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why bitcoin rate increase or decrease?  (Read 1247 times)
nielaminda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:48:13 AM

As my experience about bitcoin why bitcoin is decreasing and increase i think the less supply the bitcoin value will rise or increase but if the seller is more than buyer the price will decrease. this is just my experience about trading in bitcoin.. If you sell your bitcoin in the trading site the price should decrease.. i also expereince it in altcoin and i think they are the same..

no kidding, sherlock. all markets in the world have one main rule, and that's supply and demand. not that difficult to figure out.

Couldnt agree more about it,supply and demand is one thing that make the bitcoin change its price.
The other thing that change its price are whales and chinese miners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:08:19 AM

As my experience about bitcoin why bitcoin is decreasing and increase i think the less supply the bitcoin value will rise or increase but if the seller is more than buyer the price will decrease. this is just my experience about trading in bitcoin.. If you sell your bitcoin in the trading site the price should decrease.. i also expereince it in altcoin and i think they are the same..

no kidding, sherlock. all markets in the world have one main rule, and that's supply and demand. not that difficult to figure out.

Couldnt agree more about it,supply and demand is one thing that make the bitcoin change its price.

Supply and demand are the only things that make BTC (and other currencies, commodities and stocks) change in price. There are numerous factors that can influence traders, increasing demand or increasing supply, but neither "whales" nor miners are particularly special when it comes to trading BTC (or any thing else, for that matter) - they don't get a free pass on supply and demand, they're subject to the same restrictions as any other trader.

"Whales" are market participants, same as any one else buying or selling BTC. They simply have more resources than the smaller traders who refer to them as "whales".

Miners are market participants, same as any one else selling BTC. They can choose to sell - or not sell - their BTC, same as any one else.

This space intentionally left blank.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:13:40 AM

Supply and demand are the only things that make BTC (and other currencies, commodities and stocks) change in price. There are numerous factors that can influence traders, increasing demand or increasing supply, but neither "whales" nor miners are particularly special when it comes to trading BTC (or any thing else, for that matter) - they don't get a free pass on supply and demand, they're subject to the same restrictions as any other trader.

"Whales" are market participants, same as any one else buying or selling BTC. They simply have more resources than the smaller traders who refer to them as "whales".

Miners are market participants, same as any one else selling BTC. They can choose to sell - or not sell - their BTC, same as any one else.

Exactly, the halving is not a sure way that will double the price. It's up to the participants (traders) to control the price so the halving can double the price or near it if the people feel it because there will be less increase in supply up to what price will it increase is not a sure thing.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:41:34 PM

yes but the resources they have is what regulate how the market will behave, they can theoretically drive the price in one direction or another

by deploying fake walls, there is an easy trick that is done with bot on trading that can determine an increase in value without actually selling or buying any coin
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:08:28 PM

yes but the resources they have is what regulate how the market will behave, they can theoretically drive the price in one direction or another

by deploying fake walls, there is an easy trick that is done with bot on trading that can determine an increase in value without actually selling or buying any coin

They can influence other traders, for a limited time. They can't create demand (or supply) out of nothing. A large trader, wanting to buy cheap BTC, could sell a fairly large amount of BTC, wait for naive traders to panic, and then attempt to buy BTC at a cheaper price. But this isn't a one-way operation - it relies on two parties, the "whale" and naive traders. The same applies if the "whale" creates an ask wall (or bid) wall - if it works, it works because some traders have been influenced, for a limited time (as long as the large trader can keep the wall intact, if that).

The market regulates itself - it finds an equilibrium through trade. If a big trader successfully pushes the price down, the price either rises again - or the lower price is the correct price. The panic from a sudden dump only lasts so long: sooner or later an increasing number of panic-struck traders realise that, apart from that one dump, nothing much has changed, and they switch from bearish to bullish, or at least neutral.

Incidentally, all traders have influence on other traders - every time we complete a trade it feeds into the overall feeling of the market. It's simply that larger traders tend to have a larger influence. But that's all they have - they can't force people to sell them cheap coins.

This space intentionally left blank.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: