Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private msg from mod "gmaxwell" asking me to stop my BFL hostile tone  (Read 2836 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 10:55:44 AM

Greetings.  I support and share your concerns about BFL. But your tone is hostile, the messages are repetitive, and your posts are being reported by may long standing members of the community.  Expressing a concern is fine, having a discussion thread for it is fine.  Posting over and over again is totally offtopic. Please cut it out.

my reply:

so Josh's tone is acceptable?  I said nothing in the BFL thread until he mentioned me, once again badmouthing me and launching personal attacks.  I reply with facts to attacks.

What is the nature of this?  you can clearly see my conduct is not abusive and his is.  I feel the monies paid by BFL for forum advertising + other factors clouds judgement of bitcointalk owners and mods

------------------------------------------------

A further reply:

dig through Josh's Bitcointalk history:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=8198;sa=showPosts

here is his most recent post:

Haha this coming from one of the most unbalanced stalkers on BitcoinTalk.  You should listen to him folks, he knows what the heck he is talking about from first hand experience in stalking others.

2nd most recent:

Arrogance is all that I am reading.

Your priorities are interestingly "screwed". Your more worried about Avalons 400w than their GH/s.

Well whatever, if it get your caught with your pants down once the reviews take place, it is none of my concern.

Awww did I deflate your incoherent babbling?  Poor baby.  Yes, arrogance.. right..  How's your Avalon hashing for you?  It shipped a week ago, right?

Why do you care what BFL customers get?  You aren't a customer and never will be, so why do you care?

Strange, it almost sounds like you are stating you have only had one respin.

Perhaps you should recount how many wafer batches you have thrown out between each correction to this date as you correct for "issues". Try using your fingers to count the masks, I am sure that will make it easier.

Excellent, so you're so devoid of coherent arguments that you bring up two entirely unrelated things to try to bolster your bullshit.  Heh... idiot.

and lastly, the reason why I replied to the BFL thread (which I don't "troll" or over-post in.  I am in all ways inactive in the thread after my initial scam postings, until I see this:

your too stupid to figure out simple concepts.  

www.joshzerlan.com is my new favorite website

Yeah, gotta love a website run by a white trash, homophobic, anti-semetic washed up poker player trying to be important, right?  Micon is one bald head away from being a neo-nazi.

and then a mod deleting my reply, again just a fact-based account of our interaction, then messaging me citing my "hostile tone" after I'm called a neo-nazi

BFL's money has bought and paid for a grip of denial, and it appears to spread all the way to the top.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:58:23 AM

Perhaps a donation to the forum will fix up any in balances..... :]

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 12:06:59 PM

As much as you think BFL is a scam and Josh is a [blah], you probably should keep the tone down a little...

Either way, more drama about gmaxwell in the custom hardware section (putting words in other people's mouths): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138993.0
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 12:44:17 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 01:51:40 PM by Blazr

Whoa, Micon, damn, how many times did you post that PM? I don't know how many times I've seen you post it today.

Even though I do agree that the BTC ASIC manufacturer's are extremely shady, maybe there is some truth to that PM.

Making a thread about the PM is sufficient, there was no need to post that PM in every single thread on the forum, I can definitely see the repetitveness.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 12:51:57 PM

Maybe there is some truth to that PM, this thread is enough, there was no need to post that PM in every single thread on the forum, I can definitely see the repetitveness.

Just wait till he starts posting about his "awesome" cell phone again.
Where does this guy live? Mars? Last time I saw someone that excited about having one cell phone was sometime around 1995 Roll Eyes
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 01:09:13 PM

Greetings.  I support and share your concerns about BFL. But your tone is hostile, the messages are repetitive, and your posts are being reported by may long standing members of the community.  Expressing a concern is fine, having a discussion thread for it is fine.  Posting over and over again is totally offtopic. Please cut it out.

my reply:

so Josh's tone is acceptable?  I said nothing in the BFL thread until he mentioned me, once again badmouthing me and launching personal attacks.  I reply with facts to attacks.

Which boils down to:

"That's not fair! Inaba started it!"

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 01:46:59 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 02:08:54 PM by TradeFortress

You turned a Butterfly Labs investigation into a Josh Zerlan personal attack.
Benatar

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 05:23:09 PM

Clearly you don't donate enough money to the forums to be able to have that sort of tone.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 07:04:19 PM

You turned a Butterfly Labs investigation into a Josh Zerlan personal attack.

I keep my BFL scammer investigation thread as non-Zerlan and fact-based as I can.  Maybe you  haven't seen the OP, I took some time on it: 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.0

and will continue to do so.   The entire genesis of my investigation was the initial interaction with Zerlan, so it holds importance in the BFL discussion - for me it was the eye opener.  When writing the abstract I tried to explain that part.  I understand you have similar feelings about BFL and any help you can give me about relevant links would be great.

I fully accept the criticism of initially making this investigation too Josh Zerlan-facing, I am trying to dial it all back to fact-based BFL information.  I have spoken to many CEOs on many topics, some of which I have been a known skeptic on the way in (see:  Dan Fleyshman, youngest CEO of a public company debate me live on DonkDown Radio) and they have all treated me with respect and likewise me to them. 

This is the 1 case outlier for me, getting yelled at on the floor of CES by a CEO when asking about his machines as a known skeptic.  I welcome any additional criticism of my actions in this matter.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 03:43:57 AM

I think both Inaba and Bryan should be sent to the cooling tank. Fairs fair.

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:18:13 AM

I keep my BFL scammer investigation thread as non-Zerlan and fact-based as I can. 

Sure you are Micon. 

Instead of Posting peoples personal details, why don't you do some fact based checking into the company?

I mean geez.  Some of the rubbish you are pulling would get you beaten to a pulp in Australia.  We don't tolerate stalking.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 08:13:13 AM

This is just getting a little absurd.  I feel like I'm on that Joe Schmoe reality show where everyone is in on it but me:

Inaba is trolling my | mrb | sgtspike's betting thread again: 

Micon will never bet any real money on this.  His whole game is attention whoring, not any sort of real investigation.  He knows BFL isnt' a scam and he knows he's going to lose a bet.  But a few bucks here and there are a cheap price to pay for attention.  If he truly thought BFL was a scam and he was so sure of it like he claims to be, betting 1000 BTC would be a no brainer.  He's just lying white trash vying for attention.  His claims of "Down voting bots" and some sort of concerted effort by BFL to silence him (in conjunction with Bitcoin talk staff) are evidence of his delusions.  I honestly haven't given him a second thought since CES and certainly haven't wasted any of my time on organizing some byzantine effort to squash his ludicrous rhetoric.  Bryan Micon is a homophobic, racist attention whore... does ANYONE really need to spend time on him?  Hardly.

Good luck getting him to bet 1000 BTC MRB... he's a proven liar.  If he were sure, he'd jump at the chance.  The fact that he hasn't just proves knows he's dug himself into a hole he can't get out of gracefully.

and

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135914.msg1497174#msg1497174

It does matter when you are crying about something being a scam and that you are 100% sure of it.  If you are 100% sure of it, it's not a bet, it's a sure thing.  Therefore it's illogical and patently ridiculous for a self professed "professional poker player" to not go "all in" when you have the nuts for that hand.  Bryan is claiming he has the a royal flush and that BFL is, without a doubt, a scam.  Ergo, people are calling his bluff and going all in for 1000 BTC and Bryan is refusing.  It means he's a liar, plain and simple (Why he's lying is speculation, but attention whoring is a likely explanation.  Stupidity is another one).  But like I said, we already knew Bryan Micon is a white trash homophobic, anti-semite, so being a liar is probably the least of his character flaws.

This isn't brought on my be trolling his threads or launching similar venomous posts laced with personal insults - this is Josh Zerlan believing he has run of the forums.  When his BFL thread gets hot as Avalon releases the first ASICs, the thread is split and the skeptics are called trolls.  The mods rename most of the thread the "trolling museum" or some such nonsense.

It doesn't get more black and white than these latest posts.  What should I do?  just allow this guy to troll me in every thread, always fearful my responses will be labeled as "off topic" while his clearly childish posts are left to stand?

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 08:26:21 AM

I think Micon's behavior will equal Josh's when he collects a bunch of money in advance for a nonexistent product then has no rational explanation (unless a stream of obscenities and insults is rational) for where it's all gone.

Anyone who doesn't think this is sketchy probably also still thinks pirate is paying off any day now.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:04:29 PM

Bryan, although some may admire your efforts, it's your tone that's overshadowing your intent. At one time I, too, fell into a similar trap of which other members here can confirm. I suggest scaling back a tad, holding the vile until if BFL fails, then attack with everything you have. Many would surely join your choir then if such an event transpires.

As far as the implications go pertaining to the mods/admins being part of some conspiracy, I believe that is why theymos' girlfriend left him and started dating Yankee.  Grin

I have no qualms with you, and never reported you for anything, nor spoke ill of you to anybody.

Just my two bits worth, bud.

~Bruno K~
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 09:33:33 AM

Bryan, although some may admire your efforts, it's your tone that's overshadowing your intent. At one time I, too, fell into a similar trap of which other members here can confirm. I suggest scaling back a tad, holding the vile until if BFL fails, then attack with everything you have. Many would surely join your choir then if such an event transpires.

As far as the implications go pertaining to the mods/admins being part of some conspiracy, I believe that is why theymos' girlfriend left him and started dating Yankee.  Grin

I have no qualms with you, and never reported you for anything, nor spoke ill of you to anybody.

Just my two bits worth, bud.

~Bruno K~

1)  You say nothing to the plain evidence of Inaba blatantly trolling me in betting threads

2)  I understand you wish to remain a "moderate" and "not make trouble" but you plainly see my posts deleted in the main BFL thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.0  which I believe deserves exactly 1 post stating my thoughts and linking to my research.  I am not "trolling" - that is defined as repeated postings unrelated to the subject matter.  My scammer investigation thread of BFL is most certainly relevant.  I don't wish to scream it over and over - it deserves to be in the BFL thread exactly one time.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.0  it's ~5k views certainly give this merit.   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: