Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2020, 06:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.info wallet impossible to login????? Very worried right now  (Read 15889 times)
claes88

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 02:28:13 PM

I can't login to my blockchain wallet.. There is no box where you can enter the password anynmore. When i try to login it says "You must enter a Two Factor Authentication code" . Am I screwed now? I have only my wallet identifier and my password to login.. Is this the end of blockchain.info? Have they gone scam and robbed us?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UNIQUE HILO GAME $500 DAILY CONTEST BEST AUTOBET MODE 30% RAKEBACK FOR VIPS PROVABLY FAIR Play Now Play Now
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
claes88

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:44:31 PM

OK, am I the only one experiencing this then? I wonder if it's possible to accidentally turn that function on? Shouldn't there be confirmation before doing something like that.. I've contacted support, hope they can solve the situation. Like to hear if anyone else with blockchain.info wallets are experiencing any problems?
claes88

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:49:59 PM

When I go to "reset two factor aythentication" and fill out the form I get the error "Two Factor Authentication Is Not Enabled On your Account" when trying to send it to support..

Uh-OH!!!!!!!  Shocked Huh
claes88

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

Something major is wrong with their site.. I created a new wallet from scratch, and the same error happens.. Hopefully this will be taken care of and fixed!
claes88

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 06:07:39 PM

Support suggested I restart my browser, it didn't help, i tried with two different firefox versions already and I also tried with IE.. Same BS..

But it worked with Google Chrome, so if 疣yone else get this message switch over to google chrome.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 06:13:54 PM

Support suggested I restart my browser, it didn't help, i tried with two different firefox versions already and I also tried with IE.. Same BS..

But it worked with Google Chrome, so if 疣yone else get this message switch over to google chrome.

I have no problem signing in with firefox. 
detro

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 06:18:54 PM

I just tested this on the latest version of firefox and was able to login, though i already do have 2 factor setup and in use. I did have an issue yesterday where i wasn't receiving my SMS auth codes for a few hours so they may be tweaking some parts of the 2fact system on the back-end?  Huh
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 08:34:19 PM

I can't login to my blockchain wallet.. There is no box where you can enter the password anynmore. When i try to login it says "You must enter a Two Factor Authentication code" . Am I screwed now? I have only my wallet identifier and my password to login.. Is this the end of blockchain.info? Have they gone scam and robbed us?

What browser are you? Could you PM me your identifier.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 01:44:28 AM

. . . Is this the end of blockchain.info? Have they gone scam and robbed us?

Please keep in mind...

Unless you pull down an altered version of their webpage that is redesigned to send your password to them, they don't have access to your private keys and can't "rob you".

As for any concern about "the end of blockchain.info"...

When you log into your blockchain.info wallet you should see the following:

Backup

Backing up your wallet is an important step which is easy to forget. Blockchain.info takes every precaution to keep your wallet safe but it's always better to keep a local copy just in case.

If you click one of the buttons under there you can have a backup of your wallet sent to you.  Do this on a regular basis and if blockchain.info ever ceases to exist, you'll be able to load up the private keys from your wallet backup in some other wallet and still have access to your bitcoins.

mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 01:48:05 AM

What happens if you just enter your password and user name and ignore the third box for MFA?

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
HighInBC

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 03:49:59 AM

What browser are you? Could you PM me your identifier.

I have this error. When I view the html source the password box is there but marked as hidden. I can use firebug to make it visible and then log in, clearly a bug. Introduced some time in the last 30 hours.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 06:05:49 AM

I've had this same thing happen to me. I have posted the problem here in the forums a couple of months ago. I also sent Blockchain messages asking for help and they of course could not help me. Finally, someone with the same damn issue I had.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
HighInBC

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 06:30:56 PM

The problem seems to have resolved itself with me.
piuk

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 09:10:16 PM

Apologies there seems to have been an issue affecting browsers with local storage disabled (i.e tor browser). Please let me know if the problem is not resolved.

HighInBC

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:45:13 AM

Apologies there seems to have been an issue affecting browsers with local storage disabled (i.e tor browser). Please let me know if the problem is not resolved.

Works now, thanks.
heart_mons

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:20:10 AM

I'm getting the same thing described above (Says I must enter two factor authentication but the field is no where).  I already have sms authentication enabled on my account.   Now I get this message: "IP temporarily blocked due to too many requests".

Well, of course I keep trying because your page is jacking up and has my funds tucked away behind this error.

I hit the back button a few times and it allowed me to capture the screen as I see it when this happens. 
Here is a link to what I keep getting.  http://i.imgur.com/2zu8EeD.jpg

I would open a support ticket but no one ever responded to the last one I opened.   At that time I wasn't allowed to send out BTC that was well below my balance on the wallet.  Every time I would try to send it would tell me I needed at least as much as I was trying to send.....even though I could see an amount greater than that directly above your message.
turtleIam

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:24:12 AM

I'm getting the same thing described above (Says I must enter two factor authentication but the field is no where).  I already have sms authentication enabled on my account.   Now I get this message: "IP temporarily blocked due to too many requests".

Well, of course I keep trying because your page is jacking up and has my funds tucked away behind this error.

I hit the back button a few times and it allowed me to capture the screen as I see it when this happens.  
Here is a link to what I keep getting.  http://i.imgur.com/2zu8EeD.jpg

I would open a support ticket but no one ever responded to the last one I opened.   At that time I wasn't allowed to send out BTC that was well below my balance on the wallet.  Every time I would try to send it would tell me I needed at least as much as I was trying to send.....even though I could see an amount greater than that directly above your message.
If you would have read just a few posts below this you'd see that blockchain.info is currently experiencing issues, give it a few hours and try again.
c0dex

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:25:10 AM

It's been down for ~3 hours now. 

barksdale

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:32:21 AM

It's been down for ~3 hours now.  

I'm able to login via Google Chrome but not Firefox. However, what's scary is what I see while logged in. "My Transactions" ends with the last transaction on November 29th... I'm missing 30 bitcoins because I only had 11 back on 11/29. I've conducted hundreds of transactions since then.

It won't even let me send the 11 bitcoins it currently thinks is in my wallet. Sending gives the error, "toString(): value: [ReferenceError: Bitcoin is not defined]"

c0dex

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:37:15 AM

Weird - I'm using Chrome (but also tried it on Firefox) and can't access my wallet at all.  Which sucks, because I have a lot in there.

heart_mons

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:37:52 AM

If you would have read just a few posts below this you'd see that blockchain.info is currently experiencing issues, give it a few hours and try again.

I keep forgetting to read every topic prior to deciding to read the ones I do.  I know how much that upsets you.  You should write a guide on how to properly use a forum.
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:57:12 AM

It has been acting funny on and off for me tonight, trouble logging in and viewing transactions, but Blockchain.info is the last service you have to be nervous about. They will resolve the issues, and they will certainly not steal your coins.

I have been seeing this error when trying to view an address (not using tor or anything):

Communications link failure The last packet successfully received from the server was 13,060,438 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 12,589,801 milliseconds ago.
GGGGG

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:14:19 AM

I've been trying to log in for several hours... it appears to still be down.
turtleIam

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:41:42 AM

I keep forgetting to read every topic prior to deciding to read the ones I do.  I know how much that upsets you.  You should write a guide on how to properly use a forum.
A guide is not necessary as most intelligent users already know how to do so, they also do a little reading/searching before asking to be spoon fed answers. But if you are desperate, here's one Smiley
No idea how you missed the "Blockchain Down???" thread that was just a few places down from the top.
federicoaa

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:20:47 AM

i see the last transaction registered in that web is since 5 hours ago, there sure is something wrong with the site
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 08:09:04 AM

Please let us know when you expect to have this fixed.  I have a lot in that wallet and need to be able to access it.

Just a simple explaination and a rough estimate please.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
c0dex

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:36:20 AM

I agree, BurtW, an update or some word of acknowledgement would be nice ...

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:38:36 AM

Still can't log in at all. I just get the identefier field, but the password fiel is gone. A message in the upper field of the browser says "changing wallet identifier", and goes forever.

I tried to log in with Chrome and Safari (OSX), unsuccessfully in both cases.

BlackLilac Jordan

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:58:20 AM

It's a conspiracy!!!

The Bitcoin Illuminati temporarily disabled Blockchain and hence a lot of hot wallets, so we won't be able to get our funds into MPEX in time to get the next round of S.DICE shares!   Tongue

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 12:31:04 PM

For me it started working again just now.

billysykes

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 12:33:26 PM

Blockchain.info is back up and working now  Grin
ryanAC

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 05:05:57 AM

... And that is the sound of 100,000 wallets being backed up...

Domain registration with Bitcoin! http://www.namecheap.com/?aff=46859
BlackLilac Jordan

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:09:51 AM

... And that is the sound of 100,000 wallets being backed up...

haha very true.
Xqisit

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 10:55:44 AM

This worried me for a bit, but I had back ups anyway.  Smiley
piuk

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 12:21:13 PM

If anyone is still having any trouble logging in please PM me.

asdf

Activity: 527

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:03:04 PM

All I have to log in with is a password, which I specified at account creation time. I didn't create an alias as it was "optional". I can't log in with just this password.

I don't have any funds in there, I'm just testing out the service. Just letting you guys know because the service seems broken.

Also, does the software use deterministic wallets?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1728

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:21:05 PM

I don't believe it uses deterministic addresses.

When you created your account you were given a "Wallet Identifier".  If you aren't going to create an alias, then you need to keep track of this identifier.

The first two-and-a-half minutes of the following video will take you step-by-step through the process of creating a wallet for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmxbtFQlmg

asdf

Activity: 527

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:52:02 AM

I don't believe it uses deterministic addresses.

When you created your account you were given a "Wallet Identifier".  If you aren't going to create an alias, then you need to keep track of this identifier.

The first two-and-a-half minutes of the following video will take you step-by-step through the process of creating a wallet for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmxbtFQlmg

Yeah, looks like I missed the identifier. Thanks.

Has anyone considered using deterministic wallets for these types of services? Your identifier could literally be your base64 encoded seed. The service would just keep track of your addresses and relay transactions.
carl0s

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:09:13 PM

I am having this problem now.

All I see is a box for entering my identifier. There is no box for password, or Authenticator code (2 factor), which I do have enabled.

When I enter my identifier, it just says "authorization required. Please check your email." Well I was logged in to my wallet earlier today from a different computer, and it was fine.

See attached screenshot.

Incidentally, I saved the QR code from when I paired the blockchain Android app about 8 months ago. Now when I try to pair with the same QR code, it says "invalid pairing QR code". I was under the impression that saving the QR code should allow me to re-pair at a future time??

http://www.internetsomething.com/blockchain.png
carl0s

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:13:27 PM

Actually, now that I entered my full identifier (instead of alias), it has appeared.
I found the identifier from an old email with one of the backups that get sent (not had those in ages).

Dunno why entering my alias didn't work?
rbgrish

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:24:42 PM

I had this same problem a week ago when I tried to login kept getting message that had to go to e-mail to authinticate, when i went to the e-mail it said someone had tried to log in from a different url, but it was my url, it gave me a link to click to go back and login, but when i did that it never would give me a box to enter my password, just got an error message. finaly last week support sent the same message again and i got in.

Same thing happend this weekend kept getting same error message even when using the whole identifier not just alias, it still never would give me the password box and a grey message appeared at the top right saying it was changing my identifier but it never stopped turning.

this time when support finally sent me the e-mail saying they had reset it I clicked on the link to log in and still no passwrd box.

Getting frantic, had them text me the message on my phone, when  I went to it there and entered my identifier it gave me the password box I got in and immediately transfered all my btc out to my qt wallet using my cellphone.

Stll cannot get in on my computer no password box ever appears.l

Never believed they were going to take my btc. but what good is a wallet you cannot access when you want to.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 04:42:07 AM

What browser are you trying to use to access your account?  Did you try another browser?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
rbgrish

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:48:27 AM

Not on my computer, but I did get in on my android phone, I use Explorer on my computer. the thing is I was in and out of my wallet three times the night before, then got up early the next morning to verify transfers, and then cannot sign in. same thing happend friday night two weeks earier, no help untill monday so effectively locked out all weekend.

I havent been back to even try once I got my coins out. I appreciate security but when I copy from backup and paste in identifier and still wont let me sign in thats too secure for me. I dont need it, will just us qt.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 01:11:33 AM

I have seen the "no password box" issue on IE but never on Chrome.  I just stopped using IE to access Blockchain.info and it works like a charm.  The Chrome plug in is a bit more secure than the web site anyway.

MiningUnited

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:33:24 AM

Something major is wrong with their site.. I created a new wallet from scratch, and the same error happens..

I am having this problem now.

i see the last transaction registered in that web is since 5 hours ago, there sure is something wrong with the site

We are currently getting a lot of emails from some of our users about this issue, glad I found this thread. How long has this been going on?
mystar01

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:10:55 PM

The problem concerns offlineApps.allow.

You cannot use offlineApps.allow.
rapidleech

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:23:13 AM

have same issue

no password box
nanocoind

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 02:02:50 PM

Contact support they have had issues recently but they will probably recover.
chanz

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:28:11 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 09:51:55 PM by chanz

Whoever is having the issue raise a request at https://blockchain.zendesk.com they will see through it. Bumping old threads here won't get you anything.

My BTC address : 1KfS1c14Tg2hgQEVz2bCJeFox6FpyYFvM6
shadowmoon

Activity: 210

ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:43:21 AM

They aren't scammed
you have set 2fa
so that's why they are asking for it

Simon8x

Activity: 568

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:25:02 PM

They aren't scammed
you have set 2fa
so that's why they are asking for it

Are you responding to OP lol?
This thread was made in January 2013. And if you checked post #6, OP has solved the problem on the same day after making this thread.

sinner

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:42:22 PM

i cant login to blockchain.info.. luckily i moved my coins off there long ago, but still used their site to monitor watch-only addresses.

when i try to login it says "Authorization Required. Please check your email."  obviously they dont send one.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2730

Remember tonight for it's the beginning of forever

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:01:44 PM

i cant login to blockchain.info.. luckily i moved my coins off there long ago, but still used their site to monitor watch-only addresses.

when i try to login it says "Authorization Required. Please check your email."  obviously they dont send one.

check your spam and other folders it might have gone there, also check your block list. at end if you really need your wallet at bc.i you can contact them for help

sinner

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:27:58 AM

they eventually sent the emails, just took a while
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.