Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do winning and losing gamblers have different personalities or habits?  (Read 4149 times)
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:46:51 PM

- Proper bankroll management
- Finding perfect time to exit on winning/lossing

are few things that should be considered in gambling if you like to secure some winning but without luck all above things doesn't make any sense. Different people may take winning or lossing differently like some may blame their luck some may blame themselves for being greedy but this may not affect on chance of winning.

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:44:10 AM

Basically outcomes is dependent on our luck. But I'm quite sure both are same there is no difference in personalities of them. Some people are very dare to take risk with big amount and that is why they making big profit. Because bet amount is depend on our bankroll and how sure we are before stake any amount on it. 
Not really, loosing gamblers will always be short tempered, greedy and less self control while winners in gambling will always have a gentle nature if not pleasing and will always have a control on their greed, cause if they were geedy they would not have won.
Those are the after effects of loosing but what's the difference before they loose or win ?
I think people who strategize their actions and thoughts better win more often while who just believe their luck loose more often. Though whatever we say and think its all about luck and that cannot be changed.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:07:15 PM

Basically outcomes is dependent on our luck. But I'm quite sure both are same there is no difference in personalities of them. Some people are very dare to take risk with big amount and that is why they making big profit. Because bet amount is depend on our bankroll and how sure we are before stake any amount on it. 
Not really, loosing gamblers will always be short tempered, greedy and less self control while winners in gambling will always have a gentle nature if not pleasing and will always have a control on their greed, cause if they were geedy they would not have won.
Those are the after effects of loosing but what's the difference before they loose or win ?
I think people who strategize their actions and thoughts better win more often while who just believe their luck loose more often. Though whatever we say and think its all about luck and that cannot be changed.
Thats why we called this gambling since we do really need luck and those reactions and behaviors are just purely effect on which can gambling would put in us and having beliefs doesnt really matter at all.If you aare unlucky no matter how hard you try it would be still a lose.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:14:44 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 12:39:45 PM by coinplus

- Proper bankroll management
- Finding perfect time to exit on winning/lossing

are few things that should be considered in gambling if you like to secure some winning but without luck all above things doesn't make any sense. Different people may take winning or lossing differently like some may blame their luck some may blame themselves for being greedy but this may not affect on chance of winning.
But I do not see any big influences of these skill for profit making with gambling as beyond these only luck will decide our results.

When luck is the prime deciding factor, I believe there would be no big differences between winner and losers of gambling. Because we are relying on hidden factor for a good result and hence it will not impact on personalities nor habits. I feel time to time winner and losers will come and go.

When a winner turns a loser and loser turns winner, how we can expect different characteristics from them ?
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:30:24 PM

Winning and losing gamblers I think they have no difference in terms of behavior in gambling habit. Whether they win or loss in the games in the end they will still go back in gambling sites. Because most of them still relying on luck Smiley
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:43:10 PM

I think that every gambler has their own personalities and if someone wanted to imitate their style then they would lose. People usually gamble while covering their emotions and most of their actions in order to have a winning streak but in most cases winning doesn't happen because not all games are based off of tells.

Poker for example is based on tells and the gambler should already know that covering their bluffs would allow them to win.
Sports betting is different, it's based off of what you think, if you become professional at gambling then you could introduce covered bluffs into the match -that would just be called manipulation at that point and it's different when playing against a large mass amount of people compared to 5 to 7 people at a table in Poker.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
michaelch

Activity: 283

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:52:44 PM

It happens more on random. Unless you're talking about games of skill. Don't think it has anything to do with personalities
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:00:01 PM

I think that every gambler has their own personalities and if someone wanted to imitate their style then they would lose. People usually gamble while covering their emotions and most of their actions in order to have a winning streak but in most cases winning doesn't happen because not all games are based off of tells.

Poker for example is based on tells and the gambler should already know that covering their bluffs would allow them to win.
Sports betting is different, it's based off of what you think, if you become professional at gambling then you could introduce covered bluffs into the match -that would just be called manipulation at that point and it's different when playing against a large mass amount of people compared to 5 to 7 people at a table in Poker.

I could not agree more to this. I think, you just be yourself and find a strategy that suits your personality which aside from getting more winning bets than losing ones, you are also comfortable with that betting strategies. With poker, you need to hide those emotions and make skillful bluffs.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:40:34 PM

I could not agree more to this. I think, you just be yourself and find a strategy that suits your personality which aside from getting more winning bets than losing ones, you are also comfortable with that betting strategies. With poker, you need to hide those emotions and make skillful bluffs.

Well it's normal to imitate the habits and styles of successful gamblers as what worked for them may also work for you. If you talk about poker, yeah the key is to hiding your reaction whether you get a good hand or not. I used to think that wearing sunglasses weren't any help but trying it for myself, it can make you a bit more unpredictable because your eyes can unknowingly betray your emotions with its movements and an experienced poker player would easily notice that

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:43:33 PM

I mean, I guess? It's all random, right? So we have nothing to base but the bet amount. There are people that are extremely calm in every game. Regardless if they are winning or they are losing, they have a solid foundation in the skill of remaining calm. They think that calmness allows them to have better decisions. I do agree with that.

Some people have a habit of going all in after a couple of rounds of losing. We all know that going all in makes you lose all of your money at once. It's a very rare thing to happen when you go all in and then you win in a high multiplier.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:10:11 PM

Personally, I have no seen any difference between winning and losing gamblers in personalities and habits. I think the main difference is an addicted and non-addicted gambler. Definitely the average of losing and winning is more increase who are playing gambling regularly and about me i am not a regular gambler than definitely my losing and winning is small but i can't guess myself that i have a graceful personality like lucky and winning man or not.   
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:59:59 PM

Yes , we have different personalities and thinking on how things happen to us. We have different abilities and skills to use in a type of gambling the only similarities are we are playing to have fun or to earn profits.  Well if we move in some point what mostly happens in a personality is getting addicted in gambling in winning event then in time of losing with greed to earn again what they losses.
It is true and that can be proved if you closely visit a gambling site's chatbox where people are raining all the time and there are guys calling the site a scam.

The guys who are raining or donating money are the immediate winners while the ones who are cursing around are the immediate losers. That is the reason admins usually don't ban them, since they know its just their immediate anger.
(altair)

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:24:44 PM

If you compared a large number of losing gamblers to the winning gamblers, would you notice any differences in personality, ability, or habits?

Is it something that we could test people for?

Are there things that we could encourage, reward, or train people to do better that would increase their chances of winning?

This is kind of odd question but I guess that the personality ,ability or habits doesn't really have to do with their winning or losing,
Specially if they are playing in some dice game maybe they are just having a bad or good seed so that's the reason why they are losing or winning.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:29:01 PM

i think there are no differences between winning and losing gamblers because they still playing gambling to make more money, but since the gamblers have different personalities, ability, or habits, so each of gamblers will have different luck in the games and this is affect with the chances they have. maybe if we have one purpose to know what is impact the gamblers have if they are differences in personality, ability, or habits and how they can keep stay focus in gambling games when they are win and loss. but i don't think that if we train the gamblers, they can increase their chances of winning because no matter high skills they have, there are luck inside the gambling games and we should select the games that depend with skills than luck so the gamblers can have a chance to win more money.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:35:39 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 04:19:46 AM by wxa7115

If you compared a large number of losing gamblers to the winning gamblers, would you notice any differences in personality, ability, or habits?

Is it something that we could test people for?

Are there things that we could encourage, reward, or train people to do better that would increase their chances of winning?

The only common thing between gamblers have is they are losers, when 99% of the gamblers are long term losers then there is not a lot of things that we can say that can identify them as a group, I think the only thing we can say is that gamblers are humans and long term losers.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:24:58 PM

It happens more on random. Unless you're talking about games of skill. Don't think it has anything to do with personalities
Actually even in skill games the winners would be much more composed as they know how to play their game and losers are less experienced and hence not so composed.

But then talking of their habits, I don't think that changes at all as any gambling is mostly based on luck and I have seen some rubbish guys winning at gambling and some very nice and gentle guys loosing, so their behavior does not make them win or loose at all.
bhadz

Activity: 2436
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 10:16:16 PM

When it comes to personalities, each person does have differences with it and there's no way that we will have exact similarity with it. But when a gambler is in a winning streak that makes him comfortable and since he has the money, money changes the persons personality. And also the losing gamblers also are experiencing the same thing.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:28:31 PM

Apparently, yes! Each and everyone of ushave different personalities or habits do when winning or losing. In gambling? When a gambler know a winning strike, he/she is more comfortable than before because he/she know how to relax her/his self to produced a good vibes for his/her winning shot
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:34:29 PM

Apparently, yes! Each and everyone of ushave different personalities or habits do when winning or losing. In gambling? When a gambler know a winning strike, he/she is more comfortable than before because he/she know how to relax her/his self to produced a good vibes for his/her winning shot
That's right those gamblers who already have winning strategy is more comfortable since that they really wanted to play gambling with a good mood making sure that they will not got greedy and still have its self control to continue their winning attitude as they already knew that changing something while playing will not be good for them.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:19:45 PM

That's right those gamblers who already have winning strategy is more comfortable since that they really wanted to play gambling with a good mood making sure that they will not got greedy and still have its self control to continue their winning attitude as they already knew that changing something while playing will not be good for them.

IMO, all of gambling players here are feeling comfortable everytime he/she won because we can't predict when bad luck strikes that's why we are pretty confident at the beginning of gambling but sooner later, All will just ended to lose once we don't know how to stop and get profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: