Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPL] Gold Pressed Latinum v3.0 New chain.  (Read 44632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
annapapo

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:44:20 PM

It only "had a good run" because it was being traded on Cryptopia, and therefore it had value.  It is totally worthless now.  Okay, so you mine it?  Where are you going to sell it then?  You can keep building up tons of this piece of junk coin in your mining wallet, and it's still worth zero because you can't sell it anywhere.  You are a dumb ass if you can't understand this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:52:31 PM

It only "had a good run" because it was being traded on Cryptopia, and therefore it had value.  It is totally worthless now.  Okay, so you mine it?  Where are you going to sell it then?  You can keep building up tons of this piece of junk coin in your mining wallet, and it's still worth zero because you can't sell it anywhere.  You are a dumb ass if you can't understand this.

No need to be rude. I was not rude to you.
You clearly have no understanding of mining cryoto or anything constructive to add to this conversation, so please move along.
vampirus (OP)

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:49:34 PM

About Yobit.
1. I had try add GPL to Yobit 2 years ago, pay 0.1 BTC and wait 2 month, no answer. Then I take yobitcode back.
2. I see how their support work, when was TEK mandatory update I wrote them in advance, but no reaction, then I sold my TEK
on Cryptopia and on Yobit, same coins in two chains  Grin Grin
3. When you try withdraw some not very popular coins, withdraw pending with status "transfer from cold wallet", after some days
one admin return your coins to your account, and then some days later another admin send coins to your home wallet and you have 2x coins.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:19:03 PM

Note to myself: I need a Yobit-account. Wink

@annapapo
Did you have a bad weekend? Need a hug or something? Please let us know, we're nice people over here on the other side of your screen and willing to help... Roll Eyes

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:38:32 PM

If someone not understand, any coin is community project.
If you like coin, make something, add to exchange, pay for explorer, etc.
I am not creator of GPL, just take over development when coin was abandoned.
I pay for hosting website, pay for explorer, paid big money for listing on Cryptopia.
If you not agree with delisting - all questions to Cryptopia new management.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Davidbike1

Activity: 135
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:56:24 AM

ccminer have parameter --scantime=N (default: 5) If block found in miner, but receive new block on chain within 5 sec, your block not accepted.

hi man! help me i want save my coin but i dont know how - cryptopia said goodbyee((
Fresh wallet and zipped windows chain you can find here: http://gpl.scificrypto.info/

Thanks!  I have a question when I am sending the coins from Cryptopia to the wallet, does it matter if the wallet says out sync when I send the coins?
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:06:30 PM

Coins will be in wallet when fully synch. But better first send test amount 1 GPL.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:36:00 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 07:16:52 PM by vampirus

I found who sell all GPL from former sci-fi exchange, totally 19K from Jan 18, 2018
His address on Cryptopia:
http://ccexp.tk/Address/index.php?Currency=GPL&Address=FGv5ZCGUMWiXi9DM6p568mYSzyhaxHzzAK&Page=1
And I know his username on forum.

Unfortunately, most of stolen GPL was mine, and I also buy most of them on Cryptopia.

GPL buyback: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164532.msg47061841#msg47061841

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
pinimodulo

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:26:48 AM

Hi, I am trying to get the wallet working on my machine but it keeps crashing before I can do anything.
I downloaded the wallet from the link someone posted earlier: http://gpl.scificrypto.info/
But every time I start it, it stays idle for a few seconds and then it stops working and I have to close it.
I have Windows 8.1 Pro just in case.
Thanks!
pinimodulo

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:03:01 AM

No one knows? If there is no known fix for that, is there any other wallet I can use for GPL?
Thanks.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:22:43 AM

But every time I start it, it stays idle for a few seconds and then it stops working and I have to close it.
I have Windows 8.1 Pro just in case.
Thanks!

Works fine for me on Win 8.1 64bit

Did you download the blockchain too? and put in correct folder?

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
pinimodulo

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:13:47 PM

Unfortunately I can not get to that since the program crashes within a few seconds.
But where is the correct folder to install the blockchain?
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:28:14 AM

Create folder on disk d:\GPL then folder d:\GPL\GoldPressedLatinum
In d:\GPL put GoldPressedLatinum.exe and create file start.cmd or start.bat with:
Code:

GoldPressedLatinum.exe -datadir=d:\GPL\GoldPressedLatinum
Then run start, if all OK, close GoldPressedLatinum.exe, and put downloaded database in d:\GPL\GoldPressedLatinum

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
pinimodulo

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:49:41 AM

It worked! I installed it in another computer running Windows 10 and did the folders as you instructed and it is working fine it seems.
Thanks people!
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:18:01 AM

Swap how,when?
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:50:51 PM

Swap how,when?
->

Because of delisting GPL from Cryptopia, we will make coin swap Nov 10, 2018.
New chain with only PoS minting. Just consolidate all yours GPL to 1-5 addresses with balance more 100 GPL in own wallet.
Nov 10, 2018 I take snapshot from GPL rich list and send current balances in new chain from premine.
Only balances 100 GPL and more will be send. You need dump private keys in old GPL wallet and then import them in new GPL2 wallet.
If you not withdraw GPL from Cryptopia before Nov 8, you may lost all GPL.

GPL2 created and tested. https://github.com/scificrypto/GoldPressedLatinum2
Wait for snapshot, and distribution Nov 10. Then create control point and release GoldPressedLatinum.exe
->

Before the 10th of November:
0) In case you have GPL on Cryptopia, send it to your GPL-Wallet before the 8th of November!
1) Open your GPL-Wallet, let it sync.
2) Check your balance, if it's more than 100 GPL go to step 3. If not, your balance will not be convertet to the new chain.
3) Make sure Coin Control is enabled. Go to "Settings" -> "Options" -> "Display" -> check "Display coin control feature (experts only!) -> "OK".
4) Consolidate your GPL to one address (or more than one but not more than five, as long as the resulting balance per address is > 100 GPL):
- go to "Send Bars" -> "Coin Control"
- select "Tree Mode", you will see a list of your addresses with their corresponding balances
- choose one of your addresses you would like to use as "consolidation address", right click the address, select "Copy address"
- click on "(un)select all" (make sure all checkboxes in front of the addresses/balances are checked), click "OK"
- this might not be necessary, but check "Custom change address" and paste your consolidation address in the field next to it
- paste your consolidation address into the "Pay To:" field
- select the amount next to the "After Fee:" field, right click, choose "Copy after fee"
- paste this number into the "Amount:" field
- click "Send", confirm with "Yes"
- if asked, enter your passphrase and confirm with "OK"
- if asked, confirm the transaction fee with "Yes"
- just to be sure, open "Coin Control" again, there should be only one entry with your consolidation address and entire GPL balance, click "OK", close the wallet
5) Take a cup of tea, relax.

After the 10th of November:
You have to export the private key from your consolidation address and import it into the new wallet. I might write a little guide as soon as vampirus released the new wallet. Smiley

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:51:26 PM

Additional information about coin swap.
I ask Cryptopia participate in coin swap and leave GPL on exchange, but:

"Thank you for contacting Cryptopia, I have read through your plan to do a coin swap with GPL and appreciate the offer of 10K GPL but unfortunately we will not be able to support this. Gold Pressed Latinum (GPL) will be delisted from Cryptopia on 09/11/2018"

Therefore, I will not send new GPL to Cryptopia addresses, also not send to old sci-fi exchange addresses and lost wallets (no activity after 01.2015)

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 07:22:34 AM

A reminder that GPL can be traded on the Stellar network, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/gpl/

I have not set up automation for accepting GPL (or any other coin for that matter) on the blockchain and automagically issuing tokens for it on the Stellar network, mainly because whenever I have looked for code to do that with I have found the existing code made available to use always came with warnings that it was probably not suitable for "production use", but was just examnple code developers could start from to see the basics of how one might go about doing such a thing.

Thus I have (for years now it seems, ever since Ripple was invented) been waiting for the available free open source code for such things to get fixed up to the point where it would be fit for "production use". I am not sure anyone is really working on that though, seems the big players prefer to keep their fixed up "production code" to themselves instead of releasing it as free open source.

Also, even back when I was using the Open Transactions system, I always preferred the idea of operating along the lines of the old "e-gold" system, whereby the on-ramps and off-ramps to the system would be third-party businesses. Basically only a few folks could actually ship kilograms of gold in or get kilograms of gold out, normal folk just sold their e-gold (tokens, in effect) for fiat (or whatever) to third party providers and/or bought e-gold (tokens, in effect) from third party providers.

Admittedly I was also allowing that I myself could in principle also run such a third party provider business on the side, but the point was it that would be entirely separate from the actual Open Transactions (or nowadays, Stellar and/or Horizon, maybe someday Ripple and/or NXT etc etc etc) setup.

In fact back in the Open Transactions system I divided my hoards of coins in half, creating tokens for only half of them, precisely so that once I created the tokens the actual coins represented by tokens would "never" need to move, rather than un-freezing coins from cold wallets, deleting tokens, to "cash out" tokens I had half my coins still on hand to "buy" the tokens with, leaving the coins the tokens actually represented in cold storage so that the tokens continued to represent actual coins on hand even after I had bought back the tokens myself.

This had the advantage of allowing me to work with coins that had low "difficulty" without worrying about someone re-writing time, since I could wait until a client had been issued with a new set of checkpoints preventing re-writing the past before issuing tokens representing coins-on-the-blockchain, so that all the tokens issued would represent "ancient" coins, coins secured behind checkpoints, coins still in cold storage since long long ago and hopefully never to be removed from cold storage until some distant century when the heirs and assigns of the transaction server might decide there is no longer any need for tokens representing such coins so finally they could shut down the system, dig up the cold-stored coins the tokens represent, and delete all the tokens, redeeming them for the actual coins.

This whole approach seems to me much safer than using web pages, especially "not ready for production use" web scripts, to dynamically create and destroy tokens as actual coins-on-the-blockchain come and go.

The downside though is the total number of tokens available representing each type of coin is thus limited by the number of actual coins I had on hand originally of each type and had had on hand since before the checkpoints coded into the latest versions of the clients. This created a kind of bottleneck, a limit to how large an individual trade could be, since it would be limited to the total number of tokens I had issued, which in turn tended to be only enough tokens to represent half the coins I had on hand, so that I could buy back all the tokens myself with the other half of my coins without needing to dig up out of cold storage the specific individual coins the tokens represented.

I should warn you though that in moving to the Stellar and Horizon platforms I have not adhered strictly to this "only represent half the coins on hand" system, especially with coins I do not really have a whole lot of actually on hand.

To ameliorate the "problem" of having to actually get hold of me and get me to manually cash-in or cash-out coins, the Galactic Milieu supports "guilds", "clans" and the like (generically, "groups") whose guild-officers typically handle liason with me, so normal everyday folk need only deal with their guildmasters, clanmasters or whatever, whom they presumably are normally frequently in touch with in the course of the game. Some guilds, clans, nations or whatever even run their own "banks" using Cyclos or other free open-source banking systems to handle finance among the members of their "group". Contact your own guild, clan, nation etc officers for details of how your "group" goes about such matters.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ape.ape

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:05:54 PM

Hello!
GPL wallet does`t work on my pc (when the wallet synchronize with the network, the program closes). How to withdraw coins from cryptopia? Or i lost my GPL coins?( i have 478GPL)
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:09:23 PM

Hello!
GPL wallet does`t work on my pc (when the wallet synchronize with the network, the program closes). How to withdraw coins from cryptopia? Or i lost my GPL coins?( i have 478GPL)
GPL buyback! I can swap GPL to TEK.
Minimum trade 300 GPL, swap rate 1 GPL = 750 TEK. Send me PM

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: