Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty Installing - Noob  (Read 1455 times)
mrpetem (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 07:40:00 AM

Hi, I have gone through the very thorough installation guides to joining the pool and getting the rig set up.

I feel I am almost there but I have a problem:

I am able to run the bitcoin server client correctly.
I have the poclbm files extracted and put into a new folder within the directory of bitcoin folder.
I have created the .bat file to run the poclbm pool thing and used my correct username and password to connect with the server, all is set up correctly at the website as well.

However, when I try to run this the screen just flashes up and goes away instantly. It does not appear to be the command prompt because it is a white screen, at least I think so.
I have read about this could be an issue with the driver and not having OpenCL installed corectly....

So I downloaded the GPU caps viewer, which indicates OpenCL is installed.
Also I have just updated my driver for the GPU I have. But still this problem happens.

My system is:

windows 7 64bit,
GPU Nvidia GT240
Intel i5 3.20Ghz

There was at one point an issue with a file being missing, that was the poclbm.py file, but I have since installed that from gimphub. Now it has this screen flash up...

I suspect that it could be a driver issue with my GPU, but I am not sure what to do next.
I have also tried to change the driver=0 to driver=1 in the .bat file.

Any help appreciated..

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 07:44:18 AM

Hi, I have gone through the very thorough installation guides to joining the pool and getting the rig set up.

I feel I am almost there but I have a problem:

I am able to run the bitcoin server client correctly.
I have the poclbm files extracted and put into a new folder within the directory of bitcoin folder.
I have created the .bat file to run the poclbm pool thing and used my correct username and password to connect with the server, all is set up correctly at the website as well.

However, when I try to run this the screen just flashes up and goes away instantly. It does not appear to be the command prompt because it is a white screen, at least I think so.
I have read about this could be an issue with the driver and not having OpenCL installed corectly....

So I downloaded the GPU caps viewer, which indicates OpenCL is installed.
Also I have just updated my driver for the GPU I have. But still this problem happens.

My system is:

windows 7 64bit,
GPU Nvidia GT240
Intel i5 3.20Ghz

There was at one point an issue with a file being missing, that was the poclbm.py file, but I have since installed that from gimphub. Now it has this screen flash up...

I suspect that it could be a driver issue with my GPU, but I am not sure what to do next.
I have also tried to change the driver=0 to driver=1 in the .bat file.

Any help appreciated..

What's in your bat file?
mrpetem (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 07:54:13 AM

Code:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\poclbm\ poclbm.exe --host=mining.bitcoin.cz --port=8332 --user=*******.***** --pass=***** --device=0

I have replaced sensitive with stars **

Also I know this is not the exact code as suggested for the example, since I am not using 'start /DC:/' and instead using cd to change directory first.
I have to do this because of where I have installed bitcoin, as I believe spaces in the directory at 'Program Files (x86) causing problems.
I have also tried to seperate the lines and same issue.

Thanks for your help..

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 07:58:51 AM

Code:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\poclbm\ poclbm.exe --host=mining.bitcoin.cz --port=8332 --user=*******.***** --pass=***** --device=0

I have replaced sensitive with stars **

Also I know this is not the exact code as suggested for the example, since I am not using 'start /DC:/' and instead using cd to change directory first.
I have to do this because of where I have installed bitcoin, as I believe spaces in the directory at 'Program Files (x86) causing problems.
I have also tried to seperate the lines and same issue.

Thanks for your help..

Try:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\poclbm\poclbm.exe" -d0 --host=mining.bitcoin.cz --port=8332 --user=*******.***** --pass=*****
mapwow

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 07:59:37 AM

Code:

Try this:
Code:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\poclbm\"
poclbm.exe --host=mining.bitcoin.cz --port=8332 --user=*******.***** --pass=***** --device=0
(There's a newline between the cd ... line and the poclbm.exe... line.)
mrpetem (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 08:08:05 AM

Ok I have tried those and others ways around, now the black screen just flash up. So I enter these into cmd direct and get this:

Import Error: No Module Names linecache
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "poclbm.py", line 3 , in <module>
Import Error: no module named pyopencl

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:23:34 AM

Ok I have tried those and others ways around, now the black screen just flash up. So I enter these into cmd direct and get this:

Import Error: No Module Names linecache
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "poclbm.py", line 3 , in <module>
Import Error: no module named pyopencl

You need to install the AMDAPPSDK to get OpenCL support.
mrpetem (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 08:29:32 AM

rite... ok I am doing that now.

However on further looking into it, it also seems that because I have installed it into Program Files the spaces make it so it cannot find the poclbm.exe program...

mrpetem (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 08:48:53 AM

Ok I installed the AMD sdk but still the same problem.
Do you think I should un-install everything and re-install in the c:\ directory rather than program files ?

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:52:47 AM

Ok I installed the AMD sdk but still the same problem.
Do you think I should un-install everything and re-install in the c:\ directory rather than program files ?

Do you have teamviewer or something? I can help over that.
mrpetem (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 08:56:31 AM

I have radmin and skype, but I wouldnt want to put you out over it.

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 09:09:45 AM

I have radmin and skype, but I wouldnt want to put you out over it.

Add me on skype: TheNetWasMyIdea
mrpetem (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 10:23:05 AM

Hi sorry I had issue with my computer and antivirus, have just added you now.

mrpetem (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 11:48:02 AM

Nice work someoneweird! Thanks for your help, got it all sorted now. Thank you also mapwow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: