Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:09:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Ripple?  (Read 175258 times)
Viodet

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 08:55:46 PM

Hey guys, I'm new here so I don't know how many people will reply to this but I've heard that Ripple's (XRP) difficulty is low and I would like to get into mining it. I run windows 10 but I will be building my own mining rig once I get enough money. I can't seem to find any tutorials/mining software on the internet. Can anyone link/help me find it? Also, which graphics card is the best for alt-coin mining?

Thanks,
            CryptoMiningGuy123.

Ripple XRP is not minable

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chokolo

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:23:12 PM

I didn’t understand Ripple concept before but right now I got enlightment in here, so this coin supply opposite with many altcoins right? Most altcoins supply start from lower supply to higher till max supply, but this Ripple will gradually decreased by time so the prices will increase in future. But what happen if the supply very low, is possible to out of stock in future? Or there are minimum supplies on market (stop limit decrease). Now it makes sense why this coin price boosts really fast from cents to $2.3

You need to think different with Ripple than current cryptomodels. Ripple serves a purpose.
The concept doesnt involve mining. Instead of rewarding miners, they have made a system where investing and usage increases the value.

XRP is divided in to smaller parts called drops. In total there are 100 billion XRP made. There will never be more. These XRPs were made when Ripple created the network.
Every single time someone, a person, a company, a bank, use a XRP on the RippleNet, through transactions, from moving money back and forth, to changing one fiat to another etc etc, you destroy some of the XRP you used for the transaction. Today you need to do 1000 transactions before 1 XRP is destroyed.
The whole point is that a fully active RippleNet with customers across the entire globe doing millions of transactions a minute, XRPs will be heavily in use. This in turn destroy XRPs in high rate, which in turn means the existing XRPs on the market that you own increase in value because its a utility that is highly wanted by banks that spend XRP for their everyday business.
The ledgers and nodes are scattered across the globe and they are deventralized. No entity are allowed to own any majority and control the network. Not even Ripple. There are voting involved where everyone in he network can vote and decide to change for example fees on transactions as well as the burn rate on XRP. If XRPs become fewer, they can vote to decrease burnrate to say 1000000. That you need to do 1 million transactions before a XRP is destroyed. Or they can increase burnrate to for example 100.
The system is very flexible in that way
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:28:00 PM

You need to think different with Ripple than current cryptomodels. Ripple serves a purpose.
The concept doesnt involve mining. Instead of rewarding miners, they have made a system where investing and usage increases the value.

They dont reward miners cause they want to reward themselves. Devs of most cryptocoins get a set percentage, ripple devs get 100% of the value. Right now if the ripple devs want to have 1 billion usd then they can simply create and sell to the highest bidder hehe.

Also as the devs can create infinite amount of coins, they created a way for the xrp coins of people to get destroyed which means, ripple devs are gods cause they are the only ones that can create more xrp and the more you use ripple the more you will destroy the xrp available but devs can make a quick buck by creating and selling their new made coins hehe

So in turn, you think the xrp coin used for the fee was destroyed but the truth is --> it was never destroyed, the xrp creators have them all hehe, the xrp creators are the miners, they get the fee, the coins and everything hehe.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Chokolo

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:54:26 PM

They dont reward miners cause they want to reward themselves. Devs of most cryptocoins get a set percentage, ripple devs get 100% of the value. Right now if the ripple devs want to have 1 billion usd then they can simply create and sell to the highest bidder hehe.

Also as the devs can create infinite amount of coins, they created a way for the xrp coins of people to get destroyed which means, ripple devs are gods cause they are the only ones that can create more xrp and the more you use ripple the more you will destroy the xrp available but devs can make a quick buck by creating and selling their new made coins hehe

So in turn, you think the xrp coin used for the fee was destroyed but the truth is --> it was never destroyed, the xrp creators have them all hehe, the xrp creators are the miners, they get the fee, the coins and everything hehe.

Oh please stop with the tinfoil hat theories.
The code is open source. Go review it yourself. They cant just print out new XRPs. That would destroy their reputation as well even if it was possible, which it isnt.

The bitcoin community should rather ask themselves:
Should I support a network that have such big flaws, like power consumption of an entire country to even have the network operating, expensive fees that steal peoples money, slow settlements that hinder a prospering trade among people?

The answer should be pretty clear. Bitcoin have served its purpose. It opened up peoples mind to cryptocurrencies. But its time is gone.
Its nothing more than a horrible horrible investment project now. People cant even mine it unless you are wealthy and own expensive asics or huge mining farms. The time when «the people» could mine Bitcoins are over and have been for years. Its not a project for the people anymore. But for the wealthy miners. Double standards delux from the Bitcoin community.

Stop supporting this ancient dinosaur. Think for a minute instead of spreading fear and false information about projects that is clearly superior to the dead elephant in the room.
As for purists that decided to support Bitcoin because it was for the people back when it was new, you disappoint me greatly that you are so blind for the truth.

You speak of profits and that Ripple is supposedly for the «bankers»,yet  you cant even see the tree for the forest. Ripple is for decentralized network that nobody owns and can control, not even banks, that will continue to run even if Ripple would go bankrupt and go under. For removing the high fees and slow payments banks have been forcing on our heads for so many years. #xrpthestandard.
Join the revolution or step aside. Just stop spreading lies about something you dont understand
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:37:14 AM

I never said it was not open source, I said they can anytime create any amount of coins if they want to and that is the truth and you are denying it. So the one spreading lies its you.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:41:01 PM

"But unlike Bitcoin, ripple isn't created, or "mined," by users. The company has control. It created 100 billion ripple coins initially, and 38 billion of them are in circulation at the moment. Ripple management can release up to 1 billion coins per month, which Powaga predicts could oversaturate the market. "

There is an article cnn did about ripple, read it up and take your own conclusions. I will leave just one phrase about it as I said it many times and cnn confirms it.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/technology/what-is-ripple-cryptocurrency/index.html

My advice stands about ripple, do not buy ripple, let it die.

rtscomp

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:14:41 PM

"But unlike Bitcoin, ripple isn't created, or "mined," by users. The company has control. It created 100 billion ripple coins initially, and 38 billion of them are in circulation at the moment. Ripple management can release up to 1 billion coins per month, which Powaga predicts could oversaturate the market. "

There is an article cnn did about ripple, read it up and take your own conclusions. I will leave just one phrase about it as I said it many times and cnn confirms it.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/technology/what-is-ripple-cryptocurrency/index.html

Which goes again the very foundation for the creation of crypt-currencies however, just this morning I presented this concept to a selected group of people and their response was, they could care less. Profit potential was the focus, talk about a carrot on a stick.
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:51:35 AM

Another thing that is usually misunderstood by investors in XRP is that use of the RippleNet does not require use of XRP. Entities making use of the RippleNet can still choose to use fiat instead of using XRP.
Tornado_of_Coins

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:24:52 AM

I guess it's not easy like that Cheesy
Yea, it's definitely not going to die anytime soon!
Enlightening

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:45:07 AM

Hey guys, could you tell me where exactly does Ripple use blockchain? I read their Whitepaper and other information, but there is nowhere the mention of blockchain there. Of course, they use consensus process for transaction versification, but is it enough to be called a Company that uses blockchain?

Thank you to all who will help me to find out the truth! :-)
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

The short answer is they don't in the classical sense.

They simply throw money at exchanges to get them to list it or well they used to I don't know about their "marketing" today.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
RENTMONEY

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:15:11 PM

We cant mine ripple.

[/center]
Bank 4YOU Group ▪ Mobile Money for 2,000,000,000 unbanked people ▪ ICO LIVE! (https://bank4you.io/)
Profuter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:03:18 PM

Ripple is the protocol for transactions and payments and use in the banking system - can't be mining. XRP is the token for Ripple and it is not mineable too. One way to acquire XRP is thru purchase via exchanges.
Veritus101

Activity: 271
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:25:03 PM

The topic started 2 years ago and people stiil leave comments that you can't mine ripple Undecided
STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:12:20 AM

Stop talking Ripple and checkout Hadron.cloud
wendybean

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 05:17:10 AM

You cannot mine ripple, as the owner can only make as many Ripples as they want but currently, the supply has 100,000,000,000 XRP. Now they will not make any more Ripple. Ripple gets destroyed every time any transaction takes place, so the amount of ripple decreases every time.

As it is a Centralized unit, it is made to help the banks and other financial institutions by their software. Normally you can purchase Ripple and keep it for your own use, but Ripple is not available on every Crypto platform. But there is a few online platform that allows you to mine Ripple, I dunno how?
By losing the value on every transaction, they are becoming more scarce.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:48:33 AM

hello,
now this year 2018, skip comment on this post (2010).

STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:50:58 AM

You can mine xrp with a really sharp pick
ahmaddirar

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:58:42 PM

you can't mine ripple xrp
https://ripplecoinnews.com/why-xrp-ripple-cant-be-mined-unlike-bitcoin-and-digital-currencies
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

Ripple aka XRP cannot be mined as it is a centralized system.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: