Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: POLL - which coins are scams as defined in the OP?
Bitcoin - 14 (1.6%)
Ethereum - 71 (7.9%)
Ripple - 74 (8.2%)
Litecoin - 16 (1.8%)
MaidSafeCoin - 54 (6%)
Dash - 96 (10.6%)
Factom - 57 (6.3%)
Dogecoin - 28 (3.1%)
BitShares - 50 (5.5%)
Monero - 38 (4.2%)
NEM - 47 (5.2%)
Stellar - 61 (6.8%)
Peercoin - 19 (2.1%)
Nxt - 44 (4.9%)
Emercoin - 42 (4.7%)
Namecoin - 15 (1.7%)
Synereo - 45 (5%)
VanillaCoin (a.k.a. Vcash) - 72 (8%)
Iota - 57 (6.3%)
Rimbit - 3 (0.3%)
Total Voters: 161

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL - which coins are scams as defined in the OP?  (Read 11692 times)
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:06:16 PM

Re: Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?

IPO are a good thing i f managed well and by trusted / real devs.

One example? I can't think of any. All the IPO/ICO coins have crashed and burned. Only the proof-of-work distributed coins have sustained, e.g. Monero, Litecoin, Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:06:13 PM

I don't understand why would you choose the default port to be value below 1024 which means you cannot run this on unix system without super user privileges.

Even when I change the port in the config file, it still tries to bind to 999 so the server crashes.

Java Security Manager is PITA, if you run Java app with reduced privileges be ready to face a lot of unexpected problems caused by JSM. Being a reference implementation, IRI has as much error handling stripped out as possible. Together with JSM in paranoic mode this would make the testing a nightmare.

Port in the config file is for API only.

What a wanker and what a BS. No wonder NXT is used by nobody in real world, no wonder they delivered nothing with JINN.

And then a "reference implementation" is released to end users - obviously without any QA test - with a hard coded port numbers and by violating basic security requirements to run the system with root privilege, because there are "unexpected problems" and "the testing a nightmare". Will the idiots understand that they got a bogus and disturbingly poorly written "reference implementation" after 5 months and for $500k? Probably not.
altcoinUK

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:08:39 PM

I don't understand why would you choose the default port to be value below 1024 which means you cannot run this on unix system without super user privileges.

Even when I change the port in the config file, it still tries to bind to 999 so the server crashes.

Because this CfB software developer (who is BTW hiding in a the shithole of communist Belarus) has never worked for any notable software company, he has never worked on any commercial, never mind enterprise software project, and therefore he could never learn basic software engineering principles by being the member of a normal software development team. His only software engineering credential is NXT, JINN and IOTA which were good enough to scam the idiots, but as you can see don't even pass a basic QA check-list, never mind a code review. That's why you find disturbing issues in his code as well as in his design (probably has has no clue what is the difference between design and coding in software development).

Too tired to answer this in my own words:

Suppose you're exchanging data with a computer on a port <1024, and you know that computer is running some variant of unix. Then you know that the service running on that port is approved by the system administrator: it's running as root, or at least had to be started as root.

So are you telling me from design and implementation standpoints it is acceptable to hard code the port which requires root privilege (or in fact hard code any port) as well as it is fine the system doesn't pull the configuration data from the config file? Are you telling me it is a good practice that an alpha stage software (which presumably vulnerable to security issues) requires root privilege?

I understand you are one of the shills, but if you are a developer as well, then don't BS and don't defend a poor design and implementation.

altcoinUK

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:19:29 PM

TPTB_need_war, please release something, because the software engineering skills of these scammers is disturbingly embarrassing and crypto need something more than what we have now.
I understand there are very good software engineers in crypto like gmaxwell, James (jl777), smooth, CIYAM, yourself, but when I see the work of these IOTA scammers who collected $500k for this shamble then I start to understand why alt crypto currency projects rejected by the public and use by nobody in real world.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:31:34 PM

TPTB_need_war, please release something

In my case, health is a big factor. Any way, I think I can sign off now. I'll check back tomorrow to see if anything really needs my response. Otherwise I intend to bite my tongue and focus more on my own.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:56:07 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 05:17:25 AM by TPTB_need_war

Like you are really, really nice to everyone here?

You are, sir, a real dick-head.

I am nice to people who don't waste my time.  Unfortunately idiots are incapable of respecting me because they do not comprehend.

If you replied that I am correct, but you are going to invest (in the lie of decentralized file block chains such as MaidSafe, Sia, Storj, etc) any way because you don't care if it is flawed, I would consider that you had not wasted my time.

After 10,000 posts, I am EXTREMELY tired of people who waste my time. I will explain the issues once and once only to disrespectful antagonists who are unwilling to recognize and admit when they are wrong (which I always do because lying to myself will only hurt me and I don't care about my ego!). If you choose to be ignorant, it isn't my problem.

They claim Steve Jobs was a real dick-head because he berated employees who were not performing their jobs up to his standards. My former very high IQ boss disagrees.

Quote from: Mark Zimmer
The first time we met, was an event set up by Kai Krause. Kai wanted to show our interface improvements to the big kahuna. I showed my idea processor (I will write a short blog post on it sometime).

But Steve's first words were that it wasn't scalable, and he hit the nail on the head. He was like that.

Dumb people don't like smart people, except when they respect them. They especially don't like smart people who are frank and tell them when they are wrong. They prefer someone who lies to them so they don't have to face the loss of ego due to being incorrect, such as the lead developer of Sia. Dumb people like AmericanPegasus have huge egos, whereas at the top where I am it is quite serene. The dumb people blame their huge egos on the ego of the smart person, because they are too dumb (foolish pride combined with the Dunning-Kruger syndrome) to recognize that is their own ego that is causing them to project it. I see it all the time. I just sigh. Not my problem, it is yours. Sigh.

Another reason I am leaving this forum, is I realized the average IQ here is far too low. And I am doing myself a disservice (stunting my own intellectual growth) by not being challenged by people who are smarter than me. I am wasting my time by choosing to post in a forum where the IQs are so low.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:15:44 AM

What do the big mouths[astute designers] want?

To be correct, so we don't work on something or pursue a direction that is flawed. We share it because humans are social creatures and through the challenges of peer review (sharing) we learn. And you have a huge ego which you project on me and blinds you to my true motives.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:18:24 AM

Another reason I am leaving this forum, is I realized the average IQ here is far too low. And I am doing myself a disservice (stunting my own intellectual growth) by not being challenged by people who are smarter than me. I am wasting my time by choosing to post in a forum where the IQs are so low.

Its too bad you feel that way. You are an asset to the community. I understand you gotta do what you gotta do.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:35:51 AM

Its too bad you feel that way. You are an asset to the community. I understand you gotta do what you gotta do.

There are worthy people here and some very smart ones. But the noise one has to wade through to read you guys is not worth it.

We'll create our own forum, where ignoramuses and scammers will be banned.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:36:00 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 06:04:08 AM by TPTB_need_war

Ok, point taken TPTB.  There are potential issues with decentralized data storage.  Perhaps one day a superior method will come along, but for the moment Sia is as good as it gets.

So now it is confirmed that you are a sleazy pumper.  

No there are not potential issues. There are insoluble flaws in ALL possible decentralized file storage block chains which rendered them entirely indefensible. You can only pursue these speculations as a P&D. If you can't recognize this, then I won't waste my time on your inability to understand the technology even after it has been explained to you.

I feel good to be invested in the best decentralized data storage, and hope they will continue to consider how to leverage reputation systems to prevent cheating & attacks.  If you find an obviously superior method, feel free to let us know.  

Of course you do, because you have vested interest because you bought 1/1000th of the illegal unregistered securities (pre-sold for a lie that is vaporware) and now are pumping these lies on unwary n00bs. I am recording all of this for the future SEC investigations and jail time for those who deserve to go to jail.

Reputation is centralization. Period. Learn the about the power vacuum of reputation in the Iron Law of Political Economics. You won't understand the reason a power vacuum must always be filled by the winner-take-all, because you lack sufficient IQ.

You may be smart, but you are also blinded by the pursuit of unreachable perfection.

In case you haven't noticed (given you even offered to help me relocate because of my health issue, which I obviously decline because I don't accept help from unethical people such as yourself), I've had a debilitating health issue which prevented me from working. I've spent most of the past 3 years in delirium and trying to use the time for something productive by thinking about crypto, because I was incapable of doing any thing else.

My work history is I have created more than one million user product. When I am healthy, I can do so again.

You have invested at the early stage in no million user products and never will. I guarantee that. I create them from scratch. You pump idiotic shit such as Aeon and this Sia crap. Smooth will never produce a million user product because he has no experience in doing so. Smooth is very experienced at creating server software for financial institutions, not end user software for the masses. These are relevant facts which you are blinded to.

Unfortunately for you and your investments, I am having reasonably good improvement due to a multi-herbal tea I've been drinking past week or so.

In life we must sometimes make 'good enough' decisions to get a product into existence, rather than chase an ideal that can never be.

This applies to software that can be improved. It doesn't apply to insolubly flawed block chain designs. That is a crucial distinction, but you are not smart enough technologically to understand why.

Instead, despite its flaws, it spawned a new world of online commerce.

Bitcoin's design can be fixed, because the problem is the economies-of-scale due to profitable mining, and the profitable mining can be removed. Decentralized file storage block chains can NEVER be fixed, because there is no way to prove that files are stored on less economy-of-scale nodes.

For one, I stand behind my decision to hold Sia.  TPTB can be quite analytical and brilliant at times, but he also suffers from a giant, fragile ego and a lack of ability to convert theories and mathematical ideals into a functioning, real-world compromise.

Of course you do, because you are technologically unqualified to be advising anyone on any investments in the block chain design arena.

And there is your fragile ego again blinding you.

Goodbye idiot. Get off my lawn.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:50:29 AM

Re: rebranding from Vanillacoin to Vcash.

One old criticism that has not seemed to fade is the Developers (John Connor) use of Bitcoin and Peer-coin code without the proper attribution.

And stop being anonymous. Publish his LinkedIn account.

And release fully detailed white papers on Zerotime and Chainblender so they can be properly peer reviewed.

Until he does those, it is just another scam coin hyping tokens on n00bs.

Jason.W

Activity: 50
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:00:51 AM

Hi, have you or anyone had time to spend a thought on decred in this thread?

C0A2A1C4
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 10:37:18 AM

Wew... I'm glad you're not leaving on my account... That's a relief.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:24:30 PM

It always hurts to be called stupid even if it is true.  Cry
I guess there is no delicate way of putting it. (as I walk away knuckles dragging on the ground)

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 10:44:24 PM

It always hurts to be called stupid even if it is true.  Cry
I guess there is no delicate way of putting it. (as I walk away knuckles dragging on the ground)

That comment was not directed at either of you. It is directed at the trolls who refuse to even acknowledge (or pretend they can't understand) what I try to share.

DecentralizeEconomics my arguments against Synereo are rather deep. I wouldn't fault you for needing a more thorough explanation from me.

Here is an example:

Hey Vitalik, good for you to have shown the same kudos, same  as Satoshi did, if you can dream it build it, and lets see if it stands. So far you have delivered. Wishing you all the best going forward, and fuck the wingers, if they don't like ethereum let them do something better or they no different than the establishment Satoshi is tearing down.

Throwing molotov cocktails at thirsty drunks is "delivering"  Huh

It is partially a proof-of-work coin.

There is nothing competing with it yet on widespread adoption and Dash is promising that (but will never deliver millions of users and then the coin will die because another coin will).

I will kill Dash. Guaranteed.

It's easy for you to slam DASH, but at least the DASH team has delivered results. They are doers, not talkers.

Throwing molotov cocktails at thirsty drunks is "delivering"  Huh

The rest of your post was gracious, but really you don't understand that the insiders stole the supply and then they crafted masternodes which they could own most of, which thus pay them dividends, so they own an eternal supply of coins to P&D with. There is mining debasement that appears to be decentralized, except due to insider control over masternodes, the debasement ends up back in the insiders' pockets for dumping on greater fools.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:07:05 AM

It always hurts to be called stupid even if it is true.  Cry

That comment was not directed at either of you. It is directed at the trolls who refuse to even acknowledge (or pretend they can't understand) what I try to share.

DecentralizeEconomics my arguments against Synereo are rather deep. I wouldn't fault you for needing a more thorough explanation from me.

I knew that it wasn't.  Regardless of your opinions on Synereo, I think you leaving this forum would be a loss.  I know you are a "true believer", and there are very fewer people of that mindset left in crypto.  It's nice to see someone sticking to their convictions.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:20:42 AM

I think you leaving this forum would be a loss.  I know you are a "true believer", and there are very fewer people of that mindset left in crypto.  It's nice to see someone sticking to their convictions.

I'm still reading. I just don't want to fight the same argumentative battles over and over again. This forum is victor to least weary. A battle of attrition by one man trying to argue with a continuous stream of newbies, is just an insane waste of productivity that could be more valuable if applied on development work.

I know you are a "true believer", and there are very fewer people of that mindset left in crypto.

I do not believe we can make a system that is resistant to government. What I am shooting for now is to make a system that is so fucking popular and also decentralized, that it becomes the political choice. And hoping the people then say to the government, "don't touch my internet, I like it the way it is now where I can pay anyone anytime without permission or interference".

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:43:07 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 05:12:34 PM by TPTB_need_war

[I don't know what ether is/ how its supposed to work but i know its the future will work despite smarter people than me explaining why it won't work in words I can't comprehend; and I am sure of this because Vitalik is a 20-year old genius who never made software before in his life and because Ethereum can do anything because Vitalik and Szabo said so]

Btw afaik Szabo never made any software in his life either. Don't bother to consider the knowledge of people who have actually made software that shipped to millions of users. Nick Szabo's LinkedIn is blank:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-szabo-93565212

Our inner conscience can't be fooled by our outward con:

ETH is an amazing technology

Re: LISKETH price speculation

I heard the lead team consists of a college dropout and a ColdFusion web dev?

making people aware of the latest news of Ethereum is pumping

There is no way for a smart contract to form an objective consensus about events that occur external to a block chain.

Besides there rates will need to be set by a consensus of drivers. If you haven't noticed, it is the drivers who are destroying Uber.

All voting is a power vacuum that fails due to the Iron Law of Political Economics.

This press release is bullshit with no adoption and is merely to sell more ETH tokens to fools.

Augur and Slock.it and 99% of the apps/contracts announced for Ethereum are so flawed they can never work.

Logic 101:

Only someone mentally challenged could post a clip of an aircraft crashing

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:22:55 PM

MOVED: ItchyCrotchCoin announces Etheram-based token Smegma

mprep is a fucking dweeb and he can lick my butt hole. He has allowed the Altcoin Discussion forum to be destroyed with noise from pumpers.

The board is entirely useless. That is the FACTUAL point (and protest) of the sarcasm.

BAN ME PLEASE! PERMANENTLY! This forum is dying.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:39:53 PM

Erm... If the app keeps track of drivers journeys

And my point is there is no way to reach objective consensus on the driver's journeys. Read my prior post again and try to understand it, because it flew right over your head.

You n00bs don't even have a fucking clue at all about the technology.
Consensus is not needed, just details of the journey and rate. As an astute, brilliant and seasoned developer I would have assumed you knew that.

Incorrect. You go learn something and come back when you are not totally ignorant.

Btw, as I explained in the Ethereum Paradox thread about other proposed Ethereum applications, if you just want the customer and the driver to agree on what has been delivered and record a payment, then you only need multi-sig for that which can be done with Bitcoin. If you want an objective consensus on other facts, then a block chain can't do that because a block chain is only objective about the longest chain rule and nothing external to the block chain.

StinkyLover I challenge right now to a live video debate.

Put up or shut up.

Yes or no?
LOOL! You are a joker. Get lost.

So readers now you know he shut up because he knows in a live video debate, his lies will be revealed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: