Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69303 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:17:49 PM

I haven't followed this thread from start to finish - frankly I don't have the time to. What I do know is this - I ordered (4) SC Singles on 7/26/2012. It's been over 5 months now. Where are my products?

So... rather than actually ask BFL... you post a question publicly on a thread board full of trolls. Good job.
There is the lead BFL representative currently trolling these threads. Did you actually miss seeing him?

(Good Job?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:21:11 PM

I haven't followed this thread from start to finish - frankly I don't have the time to. What I do know is this - I ordered (4) SC Singles on 7/26/2012. It's been over 5 months now. Where are my products?

So... rather than actually ask BFL... you post a question publicly on a thread board full of trolls. Good job.
There is the lead BFL representative currently trolling these threads. Did you actually miss seeing him?

(Good Job?)

I didn't specify who the trolls were.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:22:44 PM

I didn't specify who the trolls were.
Lol

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:37:59 PM

one can pre-order ASIC based mining equipment today, or wait for 6 months and order it then - in both cases, the ROI will be in the similar range

That is almost certainly not true.

Unless you expect no ASIC miners to ship ever.  Then it would be true.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:41:33 PM

one can pre-order ASIC based mining equipment today, or wait for 6 months and order it then - in both cases, the ROI will be in the similar range

I struggled making sense of that comment as well...

jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:51:51 PM

I may be wrong but I took it as meaning that over time the ROI on your purchase will be similar.

Its not taking into account that if you can get a hold of the first batch you would have a major boost in income over the first few months before Diifficulty levels out.
boonies4u

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:58:33 PM

I may be wrong but I took it as meaning that over time the ROI on your purchase will be similar.

Its not taking into account that if you can get a hold of the first batch you would have a major boost in income over the first few months before Diifficulty levels out.

You means weeks? days? Difficulty doesn't recalculate every 2 weeks, but rather every 2016 blocks. If there's a surge in mining power, the faster blocks will come in and the sooner the difficulty adjustment(s) will take place.
jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 07:11:29 PM

You means weeks? days? Difficulty doesn't recalculate every 2 weeks, but rather every 2016 blocks. If there's a surge in mining power, the faster blocks will come in and the sooner the difficulty adjustment(s) will take place.

I was considering how long it would take for the majority of the orders to be shipped once shipping begins. I should have made that more clear.

In the past roll outs it was at least several months before even half of the preorders had been filled. Difficulty was ramping up the whole time of course but those initial orders/shipments had a nice bonus of mining with lower difficulties for a few months.
Zubilica

Activity: 837

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 07:15:28 PM

I hope for some good news next week ..

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/519-10-dec-2012-bfl-asic-update-22.html#post9154
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 07:24:06 PM

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 07:34:12 PM

Given that BFL has neither flown the two guys out to inspect their production facilities or notified FPGA customers that they should send in their units for upgrade yet I don't think you can expect much "good news sometime during the week of the 13th (probably before that, though)."

BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

Given that BFL has neither flown the two guys out to inspect their production facilities or notified FPGA customers that they should send in their units for upgrade yet I don't think you can expect much "good news sometime during the week of the 13th (probably before that, though)."

I read somewhere that they ship your ASIC and when u recieved it (working
; if ever; after 4-6weeks;)) you are supposed to send it in.

I would advise nobody to send their precious fpga first Smiley  .....

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:00:48 PM

Nope,you gotta send BTC in to cover your FPGA for them to ship the ASIC first,otherwise you send your FPGA in then get your ASIC  Wink

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/606-shipping-back-fpgas.html

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:11:44 PM

Nope,you gotta send BTC in to cover your FPGA for them to ship the ASIC first,otherwise you send your FPGA in then get your ASIC  Wink

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/606-shipping-back-fpgas.html

Am I the only one that senses (sees) some potential there ......

boonies4u

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 12:01:48 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/606-shipping-back-fpgas.html#post9086

That's good to know, though it looks like I will be preordering sooner than March 1st.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 04:41:00 AM

I brought that up @ BFL,about the march 1st tradein expiration date.Josh said he will try to extend it,they ought to,it wasn't our (customers) fault that the devices weren't ready in oct/nov  Roll Eyes

That alone would be a nice surprise to get 8 weeks more at least to tradein the Ole Singles  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 07:03:33 AM

Congrats to BFL for missing a 3rd month and delivering nothing.

Colour me surprised.

So instead of address the quoted concern of the NON-TROLL poster, INABA decides to address the person quoting the poster and discuss the trolling he has done.

INABA you are full of shit. lol

No no no smoothie, Inaba has also been busy making generalized racist comments regarding the Chinese.
Dont minimize his efforts, its a lot of work being a massive cock hole like Inaba is on a daily basis.

I think his point is that a company doesn't have to bend over at the request of non-customers. They don't owe them anything.

Someone who is a customer...repost the set of questions for Inaba then.

I'm sure there are many BFL customers that would like answers to those questions.
Seconded +10

How about a nice racist rant from Inaba ? would that suffice.
Maybe a childish tantrum in the form of a wall of text ?
Why not a few shills to say your an idiot for not having blind faith in Inaba ?
Possibly you would be satisfied with some insulting arrogance directed at you ?......

if not, why even bother with this man child, Inaba is BFL's lightning rod - he is here to draw your very real concerns away from the convicted ex con Sonny and their numerous unanswered questions surrounding this dodgy company.

Must suck to spend so much and have no real info. Starting to remind me of many failed kickstarter projects.

Thats Inaba in a nutshell, all noise and zero content.

Most likely they dont exist in working state or at all.

bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 07:24:26 AM

I haven't heard anything racist on any of these threads, really.  Usually when someone says racist, they're just stepping in it themselves Smiley   Any examples, mem? 
gopher

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 08:41:14 AM

@jddebug, you've got it right!

I meant long term ROI.

Let me give a first hand experience example. I start mining with GPUs in June 2011. My friend joined with his GPU farm in October 2011. I've calculated the ROI when we switched off our farms in September 2012. There was not a concernable difference in the rate of BTCs mined over the same period by two different GPU farms with two different hashing capacities. Sure, the value of Bitcoin varied greatly over that period, and we earned different number of BTC, but that was to be expected. That's what the hoarding is about, (hoping) to hedge the value of BTC. But then I also speculated, first on Tradehill, and then on Mt.Gox. Over the same period of time, I've made more money speculating that mining.

Someone mentioned earlier how disappointed he was for not speculating and deciding to buy FPGA equipment instead and mine with it. That's what ordinary people do - they either mine or speculate. The brighter ones do both - when it makes sense to do so - and swiftly move their riches across the network, causing secondary effect on the Bitcoin network, multiple transactions. And the most bright ones do that even better - they do not leave it to the last day to decide what to do, but prepare themselves well in advance, set themselves to be ready to seize each opportunity as it presents itself.

But one thing for sure, they do not make fools of themselves by posting publicly that they've placed a pre-order with a new-start-up company that has a proven track-record of missing their delivery times, but now it comes as a huge surprise to them that the products they desperately needed at a certain time has not been shipped, or has not been even produced. Oh, what a shame!

To those, here is a message from me - show some respect to the trolls, stop feeding them with rubbish! And if you feel you've made a mistake, take it like a man, learn from it, but do not try to find someone else to blame it on. You are not the first one who has lost something and you are not going to be the last one. Live with it.

Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 10:20:27 AM

I hope the speculation crack wasn't at me. I worked out what I could have made. Actually far less I am sure with the patterns and the like. Just a flat difference from when I wanted to order a single and where I am now. December of 2011 to Jan 2013. Several doubles in there etc.

I wasn't dissapointed. I just noted what I could have made. Realistically I could have made nothing or lost money in the same period. I could have made more in the New years 2012 doubling sold blah blah blah.... and made more that way.

I wasn't even surpised. I knew the numbers, the time frame and what I actually made. Now I could have placed my order in december 2011 as well and made some more coin in the dec 2011 to jan 2013 period. I didn't. I waited until a product shipped and people had them. Was it safer, sure. Did I do ok, You bet. Did I lose anything, not at all. I could have made more many different ways. The price to difficulty ratio was far better then I calculated for my worse case scenerio so far.

My point was I didn't view my purchase of hardware as an investment. I didn't view my XBOX 360 as one or a TV. Sure they could be concidered that way. To me I paid for a piece of hardware. Unlike other hardware I have owned over the years this one paid me for using it. I didn't invest in the hardware I purchased it was my point. At the end of the day I have made some bitcoins, have a hashing unit, and am happy with where I am.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: