Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69313 times)
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:21:07 PM

I've read this is an FPGA in an ASIC box but correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that's the ASIC board. Probably the one that was fully populated with 8 chips that they were showing pictures of.

I'm pretty sure BFL has NO ASIC chips whatsoever.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:25:40 PM

I can see how BFL was put in a tough spot a couple months back...  They find out that the QFN package won't be able to be cooled as effectively as they thought it would.  So, what can they do?

They could have released a product that would borderline meet their specs, but people mining in warmer climates would likely have had legitimate complaints about the performance.  They really didn't want to screw up their specs as they did on their FPGA's - their critics would cize and no one would really trust their specs in the future.  Not to mention, they wanted longevity and superiority of their product with the ability to run significant overclocks down the line.

They could have informed their customers of the details early on, but they would also inform their competition at the same time.  Did they really want Avalon and bASIC to know why they had to delay, so that they could make similar adjustments to their own products?  Heck no - any competitive advantage they can get is a bonus.  If their competitors put all their time and money into a product that doesn't work very well, it'll only mean more sales for BFL in the end.

So, they take the only option they have left - holding the information close until their competitors are most definitely committed on the paths they have chosen.  Sure, they lost some preorders, but they had the potential to lose a lot more with either of the other options.  They were most certainly stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Again, this is only more evidence that they are indeed looking to the long-term future, by making sure they release the best product they can that will have the most room for increase of speed, best thermal flexibility, and best longevity.  When everyone is done releasing their initial ASICs, BFL will most certainly be the premium product of the bunch.

Don't get me wrong - I hate the delays.  If it were up to me, I would have rather had the marginally-adequate QFN package back in November than the flip chip package in February - it would have likely made me a good deal more BTC, even in the long term.  But I can absolutely see where they were coming from and why they made the decision that they did.  They don't want to be the company that releases marginally adequate products, and I can respect that decision.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 05:26:48 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the ASIC board. Probably the one that was fully populated with 8 chips that they were showing pictures of.

could be it is a ASIC board without chips on it.

BTW: what a disaster for BFL if Avalon get chips in some days and will be the first start to mine with ASIC. Avalon will mine also for themselves for shure!

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:33:16 PM

Irrelevant. That is the ASIC board, possibly the one they were showing populated with 8 QFN packages. I never said they were the actual hashing ASICs or the that they were working.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 05:42:09 PM

Irrelevant. That is the ASIC board, possibly the one they were showing populated with 8 QFN packages. I never said they were the actual hashing ASICs or the that they were working.

dummy

boonies4u

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:43:32 PM

If not ASICs... then what 8 chips???
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:49:26 PM

Non-working ASICs.
boonies4u

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:00:00 PM

Non-working ASICs.

Oh sorry, i didn't see the "8 QFN packages". Thanks for the clarification.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:03:06 PM

Looking at the way things are now, I think anyone with reasonable intelligence could conclude that BFL is probably some kind of scam.

Of course the obvious exception are those with significant pre-orders, who are putting their fingers in their ears and saying "I'm not listening!" They can't afford for it to be a scam, so therefore it must not be one.

And of course anyone who points out the scam warning signs is abused.

It's Pirateat40 all over again, just a different type of scam. The CEO is a convicted fraudster for fucks sake, how dumb do you need to be?
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:07:20 PM

Another interview with Josh. Subtitles on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SnUObMd0o
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:10:55 PM

Looking at the way things are now, I think anyone with reasonable intelligence could conclude that BFL is probably some kind of scam.

Of course the obvious exception are those with significant pre-orders, who are putting their fingers in their ears and saying "I'm not listening!" They can't afford for it to be a scam, so therefore it must not be one.

And of course anyone who points out the scam warning signs is abused.

It's Pirateat40 all over again, just a different type of scam. The CEO is a convicted fraudster for fucks sake, how dumb do you need to be?
It'll be fun to come back to posts like this and say "I told you so" when I receive my ASICs.  Wink

It's not a scam.  All signs point towards a company inexperienced in producing Bitcoin ASICs attempting to produce Bitcoin ASICs.  Unexpected delays happen in a LOT of startup companies.  Target dates are missed over and over again in a LOT of startup companies.  Modifying the end product in the middle of the production process happens in a LOT of startup companies.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If BFL was going to run with the money, they would have done so long ago.  Far more people are cancelling their orders than are keeping them, so they would be stupid to continue the scam (if it was one) and continue to give refunds.  It would be money out of their pockets for no reason at all if it was a scam.  If you believe that anyone with "reasonable intelligence" could conclude BFL is some kind of scam, please do tell why they haven't run yet.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:29:35 PM

It'll be fun to come back to posts like this and say "I told you so" when I receive my ASICs.  Wink
Don't be an asshole. It may backfire and if BFL really is a scam people will come back to your posts and tell you "We told you so".

It's not a scam.  All signs point towards a company inexperienced in producing Bitcoin ASICs attempting to produce Bitcoin ASICs. Unexpected delays happen in a LOT of startup companies.  Target dates are missed over and over again in a LOT of startup companies.  Modifying the end product in the middle of the production process happens in a LOT of startup companies.
Going bankrupt before being able to deliver its first product happens in a LOT of startup companies. Managers going nuts and attempting to fuck shareholders over happens in a LOT of startup companies too. Why does it seem so unbelievable to you? Has it never occured to you that we might be right?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If BFL was going to run with the money, they would have done so long ago.  Far more people are cancelling their orders than are keeping them, so they would be stupid to continue the scam (if it was one) and continue to give refunds.  It would be money out of their pockets for no reason at all if it was a scam.  If you believe that anyone with "reasonable intelligence" could conclude BFL is some kind of scam, please do tell why they haven't run yet.
I remember people saying the very same thing about Pirate. He managed to keep his business running flawlessly for about 8 months. People kept asking : if he's a scammer, why hasn't he run with our money yet? Well because a good scammer never runs with his first money. He builds trust over time. He wants to get as many faithful clients as possible and he only runs with their money if the scam is no longer sustainable. Why? Because it's more profitable than to run away with the first few bucks he gets.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

they would be stupid to continue the scam (if it was one) and continue to give refunds.
They give only partial refunds! My pre-order is paid in BTC and now they do not honor full BTC refunds!

If you believe that anyone with "reasonable intelligence" could conclude BFL is some kind of scam, please do tell why they haven't run yet.
Because they think they can have perfectly legal profit without doing anything!
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 06:37:24 PM

they would be stupid to continue the scam (if it was one) and continue to give refunds.
They give only partial refunds! My pre-order is paid in BTC and now they do not honor full BTC refunds!
As discussed in the bASIC thread, the products were clearly priced in USD, so a refund of USD is to be expected, regardless of the change in BTC price.

Pirate gave "refunds" right up until he shut down. If BFL was running a scam, they would continue accepting preorders and giving refunds until the rate of refunds exceeded the rate of preorders.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:45:30 PM

As discussed in the bASIC thread, the products were clearly priced in USD
Obviously you failed to read that thread and see the screenshot I've provided.
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:52:09 PM

As discussed in the bASIC thread, the products were clearly priced in USD
Obviously you failed to read that thread and see the screenshot I've provided.

You can't understand it can you ....?

You want more back from them as you send them. That's not right!
Get tour refund and after that sue them for a fair share if your investment....

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:56:13 PM

You want more back from them as you send them.
Not at all. I want back EXACTLY what I send them up to the last Satoshi!
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:05:43 PM

Then get a lawyer and try .... ?

What does a good legal atturnrey cost in other  US?
If you are not successfull does it imply that you have to pay all costs? (Court stuff &co)

What are you left with then?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:10:15 PM

I can see how BFL was put in a tough spot a couple months back...  They find out that the QFN package won't be able to be cooled as effectively as they thought it would.  So, what can they do?

If that were true, they would have working sample chips and be able to demo them. No demo, therefore no chips, therefore they are still just spewing lies.

Buy & Hold
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:14:52 PM

What are you left with then?
It is easy. It is called class action lawsuit on behalf of all their customers that do not get full BTC refunds!
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: