Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:05:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69308 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:36:13 PM

Perhaps you should consider why that may be.  I mean, when FUD comes fairly effortlessly it seems an indicator that there is plenty to be fearful, uncertain, and doubtful about.

Good point, though it could also be the result of a hefty dose of paranoia. The next 30 days will tell all.

or 60 days...

Code:
we don't know exactly how long it takes to assemble a unit. However, the best estimate we have for this is that if you order today, 13 January 2013, you would likely receive your order around the middle of March or possibly sooner if you're ordering a Jalapeno or a Single
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post10249
That's not when they are planning to start shipping preorders.  IF YOU ORDER TODAY are the key words in that statement!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:14:26 PM

2. How do I pocket the BTC if I get a refund of the same amount in BTC what I've originally paid?

You're a bit special aren't you?
I guess everybody that bought bitcoins couple of months ago at a cheaper price is a bit special. Those "greedy bastards' can now sell their bitcoins and make a profit. Oh, wait... What did you say?... They have to pay BFL in bitcoins and get a refund to make such a profit?! Umm... are you sure?!... How including BFL payment=refund in the equation will help me make additional profit?

Your money grabbing attitude is boring... Undecided

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:20:21 PM

Have you videotaped your discussion with a lawyer yet?
I've done many things. Take a pack of popcorn and take a seat. Be patient!

OMG... this sounds SOoo exciting how u are going to wreak venegance on people who feel got an extra $68 (your opinion) from you over a period of 2 months...

I cant wait for the next thrilling episode of "becoin" & the missing $68...

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:22:29 PM

The tension is worse than waiting for a BFL "produced" ASIC.

+1

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:24:16 PM

Quite a few months ago, I started down the path of creating a custom ASIC with another member of this forum.  We spoke with a number of companies that do structured ASIC designs but ultimately decided to go with a full custom ASIC design since it seemed like it would required to be competitive with the numbers being promised by the competition.  Ultimately, we entered into discussions with a company in Shanghai that does ASIC design with the intent of having them do the entire ASIC design for us.  Like BFL, we already had a working HDL design that we had verified on FPGA hardware.  Ultimately we chose not to move forward with the venture for business reasons, but it looks like BFL is on a similar path to what we were on.

Based on what I've been reading, it seems that BFL does not have in-house ASIC engineering experience (neither did we), but rather they have opted to farm out their design to a company experienced in these matters (a very positive thing IMO).  Silicon Valley probably has the highest concentration of ASIC design houses in the US, so it is encouraging to read that Josh is going there next week to meet with their ASIC design team.  Using an experienced ASIC design team in combination with a straightforward logic-only design like SHA256 and a conservative 65nm process is a good formula for minimizing risk and the number of respins.

I'm out of the mining business at the moment, but if I wanted to get back in now, I'd probably choose BFL based on the information currently available.

I have no affiliation with BFL or any of it's employees.

--
Jason

Agreed.

What about "No Jason...you are still full of shit" ...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:25:22 PM

OMG... this sounds SOoo exciting how u are going to wreak venegance on people who feel got an extra $68 (your opinion) from you over a period of 2 months...

I cant wait for the next thrilling episode of "becoin" & the missing $68...

lol.  literally.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:29:22 PM

People seem to consistently forget that in order to pull off a scam of this magnitude, they'd need to support of all participating members...managers, execs, designers, engineers, etc.

This.

If the engineers aren't in on it, then they would have done everything they can to produce working ASICs. If they can produce working ASICs, why would they (BFL higher ups) bother with a scam?

If the engineers are in on it, their professional career is dead, so the scam would need to support them for the rest of their life. I somehow don't think they have enough in pre orders for that.

[...]

Madoff had 400+ professionals working away thinking & doing what they do..stop & think that this can not be applied to BFL because an engineer did some work....yeah

I find it a bit odd that you're comparing a financial company to a technical one. Not to mention out of both these companies, only one of them is selling a product...

Anyway..
Am I one of a handful of people that actually understand long term consequences of such an action by BFL? I keep reading it over and over and over again throughout this thread.."oh BFL is creating an elaborate scam, they haven't created a product and they're just trolling for money".

The problem here is that Butterfly Labs is an established company here in the States...meaning they're abiding by all laws and regulations (presumably of course..given none of us work there we cannot say for 100% certain). The amount of negative press they would receive if they were to scam us would be phenomenal. An investigation (and probably lawsuit) would ensue, and anyone clearly associated with the scam would be tried and sentenced.

We all get our money back, and they all go to jail. Jeez, what was so hard about all that...

So what about bASIC...are they going to jail ??

Or is it just another business that failed & people lose money...what happens if all the chips are kaput from BFL....they will fail..peopel will lose money...(VISA/MC Peopel who paid using BTC)

I am not on the "ITS A SCAM"..I just think that there process that we know of is totally inadequate based upon the information we have.. I am happy to step out and watch..I got my refund quickly so I cant complain

Time will tell 

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:41:46 PM

...I shoot I score ...the crowd goes wild as we win the pennant  

but i live in Australia (did i mention that)

You're full of shit.

I've never heard an Aussie mutter the phrase "we win the pennant" EVER.

You're a fucking liar.

...lol

Woah ..that escaletd quickly.... Cheesy

I have never watched american television either...

U got me I am not really australian..I am an English\German 2nd generation emigrant...Abboriginees are the only true australians

OBJECT NOT FOUND
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:44:26 PM

The tension is worse than waiting for a BFL "produced" ASIC.

Be strong ~becoin.  Remember, "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing!"

---  </mirthful sarcasm>

Actually, it probably is the case that it is worthwhile to bring potential scams to the attention of the various justice systems (while we are lucky enough to have them.)  Like ~BitcoinNV with BFL as a target of opportunity when he was persuing the ~pirateat40 scam.  Not that it will result in much, but the authorities probably take a few minutes to key some data into their databases at least, and these will come up as a hit if/when the next person makes a complaint.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:46:24 PM

So he  does this mail fraud thing and gets away with paing 100$ fee to the court?

He defrauded ~25.000.000 USD and is not able to be sentenced to pay a fine higher than 100$
? Is the law there that stupid!?

If law is like that I'm heading to the is now ... Time to do some serious business: http://youtu.be/niaMCTPDNeo

BFL works similarly to this mail fraud.
many customers + a lot of money = impunity
Just look at this case (mail fraud) from the other side:
Nobody forced customers to pay money. Scammers are not responsible for the stupidity of their customers. They have used only chance and  earned on human stupidity. They did not robbed anyone and did not steal money, the customers themselves gave them the money. Customers themselves are to blame . This is why scammers did not go to jail.  Wink

So fraud is Ok as long as there is no physical violence...

Sounds reasonable...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

I'm just lazy. Too much work to narrow down the list to just engineers. I found so many people that work there. Machinists, painters, inspectors, supervisors, welders, cnc operators, etc.

Tim Bishop, Engineer, http://www.facebook.com/tim.bishop.3914
Rossford Fayen, Engineer, http://www.facebook.com/rossford.fayen

Seeee, that wasn't so hard now was it Wink

Now, let's apply these same strategies for Butterfly Labs!
Sonny Vleisides, https://www.facebook.com/sonny.vleisides
Josh Zerlan, https://www.facebook.com/josh.zerlan
Syko Ramirez, https://www.facebook.com/sykoo.ramirez
Mike Wazowski, https://www.facebook.com/mike.b.wazowski.3

EDIT: Why are we arguing again? This thread gets derailed seemingly every other page haha

Hahah and which one of these are engineers with solid careers who have too much to lose by participating in a scam? Let me guess, it's "Syko G", the hispanic ghetto homegirl who looks like she is 20 years old max?

Or perhaps it's Mike Wazowski, who: "Went to RHS [Rosewood High School] for the most part.... Looken to meet up with old friends from school....if i add you its for a reason cause i know you or have seen you around RHS before"

So, which one of these two kids have too much to lose by participating in a scam? Are either of them even engineers?

This is fucking pathetic man you can do better than that. Where are the ENGINEERS with CAREERS BEHIND THEM?

I think both are on work release from prison

Sonny hooked up with them in "The CAN" (see im street and keeping it reals) and is paying it back with 2 top flight executive ASIC Architect & Lead ASIC  Developer Roles

It all makes sense

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:01:33 PM

To quote the girl:

Niqqasz diisz dayysz r so dumb n chulldiish mudufckersz thiink they tha shyt by sayiin got dis much of amount on snapbacks,, shooesz,, or clothes but dnt qot a dam car -_- like really they wuna date cute qirlssz n they got the nerve to invite dem to the movies out to eat or watever n their mommy drops dem off or ah friiend n dey ask mommy for money cus they too lazy to qet up n fukin wrk idk was wronq widd qirlsz these daysz that b wantiin do date dis typa niqqasz instead of datiin responsible niqqssz that hav their own car/truck ah job n sum money safe that wen yall qo out udnt qotta paid shyt n let the niqa pay the shyt but qirlsz these daysz r fukin dumb n stupid

I assume this is an essay on how chips are delayed.

Hahah, the problem is that cloq buqqfer niqqa

+

or is it the SHizzal overheating the Chizzal WhItE boY

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:09:59 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2013, 09:23:15 PM by YipYip

To quote the girl:

Niqqasz diisz dayysz r so dumb n chulldiish mudufckersz thiink they tha shyt by sayiin got dis much of amount on snapbacks,, shooesz,, or clothes but dnt qot a dam car -_- like really they wuna date cute qirlssz n they got the nerve to invite dem to the movies out to eat or watever n their mommy drops dem off or ah friiend n dey ask mommy for money cus they too lazy to qet up n fukin wrk idk was wronq widd qirlsz these daysz that b wantiin do date dis typa niqqasz instead of datiin responsible niqqssz that hav their own car/truck ah job n sum money safe that wen yall qo out udnt qotta paid shyt n let the niqa pay the shyt but qirlsz these daysz r fukin dumb n stupid

I assume this is an essay on how chips are delayed.

Hahah, the problem is that cloq buqqfer niqqa

I must admit my confidence is rather high after seeing the eloquent display of the english language demonstrated by the BFL employee's

Also Sonny's grasp of spotting talent is breathtaking to say the least

Sky-G --as mentioned just arrived from San Andreas (knows a thing or 2 about Packing Heat) so is in charge of the thermal dynamics ASIC redesign

Inaba (I think the quote about a bottle of JD and a coat hanger when your mother was 8 1/2 months pregnant finally showed me what a gem this guy is) PR Genius

Apart from "becoin" & his missing $68 you could not make this stuff up better than this...

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Iman E. Vilsok

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:10:36 PM

It's kind of hard to believe that anyone would name their kid 'Psycho Ramirez'.  At least within the last 25 years.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez

But it's a strange world out there.  I'm sure that at least one Connie Linn would go ahead and hyphenate her name if she married a John Guss.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:13:03 PM

Apart from "becoin" & his missing $68
LOL "yipyip"... What are you snorting? Must be something very cool?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:15:10 PM

It's kind of hard to believe that anyone would name their kid 'Psycho Ramirez'.  

Glasshouses and stones, Mr. Puppet, glasshouses and stones.
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:36:00 PM

I'm just lazy. Too much work to narrow down the list to just engineers. I found so many people that work there. Machinists, painters, inspectors, supervisors, welders, cnc operators, etc.

Tim Bishop, Engineer, http://www.facebook.com/tim.bishop.3914
Rossford Fayen, Engineer, http://www.facebook.com/rossford.fayen

Seeee, that wasn't so hard now was it Wink

EDIT: Why are we arguing again? This thread gets derailed seemingly every other page haha

Hahah and which one of these are engineers with solid careers who have too much to lose by participating in a scam? Let me guess, it's "Syko G", the hispanic ghetto homegirl who looks like she is 20 years old max?

Or perhaps it's Mike Wazowski, who: "Went to RHS [Rosewood High School] for the most part.... Looken to meet up with old friends from school....if i add you its for a reason cause i know you or have seen you around RHS before"

So, which one of these two kids have too much to lose by participating in a scam? Are either of them even engineers?

This is fucking pathetic man you can do better than that. Where are the ENGINEERS with CAREERS BEHIND THEM?

So i think it is pretty obvious now that there are NO Engineers or work being done by BFL

1)They have outsourced the lot
2) Their key role is purely Sales
3) Maybe some assembly but thats it!

They are middlemen. This is why they have no answers because they know nothing..

They are telling storys based upon the marketing hype they put out to capture sales.they have known these timelines all along.

No big deal..it is what it is & a lot of others have done the same

OBJECT NOT FOUND
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:54:57 PM

Nonono, the Latino Gangsta chick put's the HOT! into the Jalapenos, dudebro.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:24:10 PM

2) Their key role is purely Sales
It is now changed. Their key role is purely Refunds.
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:26:02 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: