Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69308 times)
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:49:23 AM

But maybe someone knows this tho... How many singles are still waiting to ship to people who paid
Weeks ago?..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77796.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76916.0

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:59:55 AM

But maybe someone knows this tho... How many singles are still waiting to ship to people who paid
Weeks ago?..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77796.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76916.0
Just as i thought...
Many people waiting and they annouced new product whick makes old seem like junk.
Thanks for link.
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:59:59 AM

Just as i thought...
Many people waiting and they annouced new product whick makes old seem like junk.
Thanks for link.
Standard operating procedure for any new/next-generation product that has ever came out.

Nothing to see here, move along...

-- Smoov
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:20:25 AM

Just as i thought...
Thanks for link.
Standard operating procedure for any new/next-generation product that has ever came out.

-- Smoov

What? To have never delivered a single one on time before making them worthless?
(or requiring you give them twice as much money so they aren't worthless)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 07:30:02 AM

Just as i thought...
Thanks for link.

-- Smoov

What? To have never delivered a single one on time before making them worthless?

ballin'...

Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:10:32 PM

Just as i thought...
Thanks for link.

-- Smoov

not to mention having money tied up so we cannot order ASICs. I placed an order for 2 singles 7 weeks ago (still not received). I placed an email to BFL asking if I could upgrade to the ASIC waiting list + the ~$100 difference for the SC. Well guess what? That email has not yet been responded to and now I am in the back of the F'ing line again with the ASICs. This is not even close to cool. They should have waited at least another month for pre-orders so they could ship out most/all of their singles and mini-rigs still waiting. ~75 day waiting list to get a single when they are now obsolete? .....

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 01:13:01 PM

Thats not cool.

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:22:31 PM

Thats not cool.

Cooler than GPU-mining  Cheesy
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:25:44 PM

Just as i thought...
Thanks for link.

-- Smoov

not to mention having money tied up so we cannot order ASICs. I placed an order for 2 singles 7 weeks ago (still not received). I placed an email to BFL asking if I could upgrade to the ASIC waiting list + the ~$100 difference for the SC. Well guess what? That email has not yet been responded to and now I am in the back of the F'ing line again with the ASICs. This is not even close to cool. They should have waited at least another month for pre-orders so they could ship out most/all of their singles and mini-rigs still waiting. ~75 day waiting list to get a single when they are now obsolete? .....

If you have money tied up with BFL on something they have yet to deliver, I'd place your new order, select bank transfer. When they come looking for payment, ask them to apply the credit and close out the first order. (Provide your original order number, etc.)
I have no clue if it will work, but it's worth a shot.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 01:28:22 PM

Well guess what? That email has not yet been responded to

Yeah BFL, start answering your emails more frequently.
It's very annoying when you have alot of money invested into this and get treated like shit and have to wait several months for a simple answer.

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Just as i thought...
Thanks for link.

-- Smoov

If you have money tied up with BFL on something they have yet to deliver, I'd place your new order, select bank transfer. When they come looking for payment, ask them to apply the credit and close out the first order. (Provide your original order number, etc.)
I have no clue if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Place in the queue is determined by date/time of money received, not of order placed, so before they accept to apply any credit, you will still be at the end of the queue....  Sad
abeaulieu

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:39:21 PM

Place in the queue is determined by date/time of money received, not of order placed, so before they accept to apply any credit, you will still be at the end of the queue....  Sad

Where do you see that? I think the order number is issued at the time of the order not at the receipt of the money. I would only assume that they would use that number as the order of the list.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:49:50 PM

Where do you see that? I think the order number is issued at the time of the order not at the receipt of the money. I would only assume that they would use that number as the order of the list.

He's right:
http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-jalapeno/
http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-single/
http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-mini-rig/
Please be aware that your order date is set at the time payment is received, so we recommend Bit-Pay due to it’s faster processing time as compared to bank wire transfer.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:05:03 PM

He's right:
http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-jalapeno/
http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-single/
http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-mini-rig/
Please be aware that your order date is set at the time payment is received, so we recommend Bit-Pay due to it’s faster processing time as compared to bank wire transfer.

I guess my point was, they already have his money. It "should" be easier to process an order when he has credit from the order he wants to convert vs. them having to handle their end of another wire transfer.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:11:09 PM

It "should" be easier

That's the problem with BFL. Yes it should be easier, but they don't respond to emails for days/weeks. This causes me to be placed at the end of the ASIC waiting list, even though I placed the order 2 hours after pre-orders went live. It has gotten to the point where I might just cancel my ~$5k worth of orders from BFL. Their customer service is absolute shit.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:29:22 PM

It "should" be easier

That's the problem with BFL. Yes it should be easier, but they don't respond to emails for days/weeks. This causes me to be placed at the end of the ASIC waiting list, even though I placed the order 2 hours after pre-orders went live. It has gotten to the point where I might just cancel my ~$5k worth of orders from BFL. Their customer service is absolute shit.

Yes, hence the use of quotes.  Sad 100% agree, their Customer Service is abysmal.

That being said, if you placed your new order, and you have credit, I don't see why you would be put at the end of the list. They already have your money, it should be faster payment then any other option. (BTC or Wire) It's just a matter of having them process it on their accounting side. Hence the suggestion to place the order, then when they do communicate with you, start the dialog. They will at some point be contacting you to place the wire, at that point provide the prior order info and see what works.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:09:31 AM

It "should" be easier

Ever call them?

816-226-6966 if you're in the states.
vrtrasura

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:09:37 AM

BFL, can you tell us who your foundry is?  It would boost confidence in your product considerable- and spur more order  Wink

Thanks-
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 10:52:17 AM

It "should" be easier

Your $5k is an insignificant drop in the ocean for them, there are people investing $100k each, and BFL spent atleast $1.5mil designing the ASIC, just because $5k is big for you doesn't mean it is big for them.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 11:11:41 AM

It "should" be easier

Your $5k is an insignificant drop in the ocean for them, there are people investing $100k each, and BFL spent atleast $1.5mil designing the ASIC, just because $5k is big for you doesn't mean it is big for them.
Like I said, if it's not about the money. Why don't they just hire somebody that could help them with the customer support?
I just find this all very shady.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: