Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mainstream Media is a Hoax  (Read 9762 times)
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 05:34:32 AM

As an American, I vividly remember watching the footage of nighttime attacks on Israel during the Gulf War.  Saddam had Scud missiles filled with chemical weapons, and he was intent on gassing the poor Jews.  The only thing standing in his way was the brave American military and their Patriot missiles.

Or, at least, that's what we were told:
CNN faking the Gulf War, using bluescreens at Sandy Hook

They also told us that Saddam's army, when they entered Kuwait, "took the babies out of the incubators and threw them on the floor."  Turns out that was bullshit as well:
"Kuwaiti girl" turns out to be daughter of Kuwait Ambassador, coached by PR firm to lie to Congress

Propaganda in the US media is apparently an open secret.  Bill Clinton, in his autobiography, recounts a conversation with an old-timer around the time of the moon landings:
Just a month before, Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong had left their colleague, Michael Collins, aboard spaceship Columbia and walked on the Moon...The old carpenter asked me if I really believed it happened. I said sure, I saw it on television. He disagreed; he said that he didn't believe it for a minute, that 'them television fellers' could make things look real that weren't. Back then, I thought he was a crank. During my eight years in Washington, I saw some things on TV that made me wonder if he wasn't ahead of his time.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 05:56:12 AM

Well, people would speak up and expose the truth, right?
Mainstream Media is a Hoax what are you some kind of conspiracy nut?   Cheesy

"The term propaganda rings melodramatic and exaggerated, but a press that—whether from fear, careerism, or conviction—uncritically recites false government claims and reports them as fact, or treats elected officials with a reverence reserved for royalty, cannot be accurately described as engaged in any other function."
~Glenn Greenwald

benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 06:06:12 AM

can you link sources for your findings

I did link to the sources.  But, like the video says, the original CNN clip is on archive.org.  You can find it with about two minutes of Googling.

FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 05:08:27 PM

can you link sources for your findings

I did link to the sources.  But, like the video says, the original CNN clip is on archive.org.  You can find it with about two minutes of Googling.

Do you believe the moon landings are fake? If so, without using links to explain why you believe such a thing, explain why. In your own words (even if reciting the garbage from other sites), please, in the most credible way possible, provide an explanation.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 06:02:27 PM

Years ago when I was in Haiti I lived at a special forces outpost. Two of the guys there told me over a few beers about their exploits in the first gulf war. They had dressed up as reporters and went to a hotel bar to look for real reporters. Then they just made stuff up. Both were shocked to see their lies in the NYTimes, and vowed to never believe the press again. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:12:45 PM

Years ago when I was in Haiti I lived at a special forces outpost. Two of the guys there told me over a few beers about their exploits in the first gulf war. They had dressed up as reporters and went to a hotel bar to look for real reporters. Then they just made stuff up. Both were shocked to see their lies in the NYTimes, and vowed to never believe the press again. 

This is probably different than intentionally lying, I would not categorize this as hoax, but the unprofessionalism and intrinsic difficulty to collect accurate information
Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:21:33 PM

Funny, I remember the Scud attacks, and although they were afraid of chemical payloads, they never actually said that they'd been used. Saddam did gas the Kurds though, so it's not an irrational fear.

As for the incubator story, it's been long known that it was bogus.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 02:58:08 AM

“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” – William Casey, CIA Director

http://www.infowars.com/cnn-pundit-alex-jones-made-chris-dorner-a-hero/

Rob E

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:53:28 PM

the mainstream media news open and public like on radio and tv and paper stores dominated by them are brainwashing machines. I've started calling them the " Troll" Press.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:58:29 PM

Thankfully, with more and more people switching from public/cable TV and getting more into Hulu and Netflix, the mainstream media's lost a bit of its grip; at least on me.  I still have to take any news I get from a 'reliable' source with a grain of salt.

But I swear to Zeus, I'll never stomach a minute of Fox News again.  Talk about mind control, they can't get a few sentences out without reminding you how you need to feel about everything.

SHOCKING NEWS, A DISTURBING/HORRIFYING/TRAUMATIZING blah blah blah.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:06:05 PM

bitcoin fund for false flag crisis actor investigations:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249342.0

I'm grumpy!!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:12:22 PM

This is probably different than intentionally lying, I would not categorize this as hoax, but the unprofessionalism and intrinsic difficulty to collect accurate information
True that. This was a real PsyOp. They were lying to get the press to falsely report the positions of U.S. troops. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:09:49 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 12:33:27 AM by Spendulus

Propaganda in the US media is apparently an open secret.  Bill Clinton, in his autobiography, recounts a conversation with an old-timer around the time of the moon landings:
Just a month before, Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong had left their colleague, Michael Collins, aboard spaceship Columbia and walked on the Moon...The old carpenter asked me if I really believed it happened. I said sure, I saw it on television. He disagreed; he said that he didn't believe it for a minute, that 'them television fellers' could make things look real that weren't. Back then, I thought he was a crank. During my eight years in Washington, I saw some things on TV that made me wonder if he wasn't ahead of his time.

Of course now, we have outstanding Lunar Recon Orbitor/LOLA 3d moon datasets.  We've mapped that whole damn moon down to a half meter, and those Apollo guys footprints and equipment are clearly visible.  You or I can download that entire planetary database to our PC and run it (of course we'd need some of the very best graphics cards, but who in the bitcoin community doesn't have THOSE...LOL)

So to answer your/Clintons/old fellow's fear and mythological superstition...

If we set our minds to it, we can do things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkPeexEdyI

Yeah, your 'old carpender' was a fool, let's take a look at someone else's comments from that era.

Ayn Rand, from the launchpad of Apollo 11, wrote this about the 'doubters'.

http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=objectivism_apollo11

Now, who you gonna believe...Old carpender....Ayn Rand....Bill Clinton....

LOL...

The real PsyOps was the use of NASA as a propaganda crutch to show the awesome capabilities of the USA in advanced technologies, long after the brilliance and capabilities were destroyed by leftist bandits intent on stealing the tax dollars for short term gains....
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:28:42 AM

Of course now, we have outstanding Lunar Recon Orbitor/LOLA 3d moon datasets.  We've mapped that whole damn moon down to a half meter, and those Apollo guys footprints and equipment are clearly visible.  You or I can download that entire planetary database to our PC and run it (of course we'd need some of the very best graphics cards, but who in the bitcoin community doesn't have THOSE...LOL)

So to answer your/Clintons/old fellow's fear and mythological superstition...

If we set our minds to it, we can do things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkPeexEdyI

Yeah, your 'old carpender' was a fool, let's take a look at someone else's comments from that era.

Ayn Rand, from the launchpad of Apollo 11, wrote this about the 'doubters'.

Now, who you gonna believe...Old carpender....Ayn Rand....Bill Clinton....

LOL...

LMAO...you're really so galactically stupid to believe that this:

took off from the moon and had enough fuel to travel 200K+ miles back to earth using 1960s technology? How do you survive day to day being such an idiot? Do people spoon food in your mouth for you?

I'm grumpy!!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:38:18 AM

took off from the moon and had enough fuel to travel 200K+ miles back to earth using 1960s technology? How do you survive day to day being such an idiot? Do people spoon food in your mouth for you?

For a start, you can simply look at the specifications of the thrusters and the propellant, as well as the vehicle mass fractions.  Then use the equations ....

Quite a few high school students could answer your question, using math and a piece of paper, and a calculator with a log function....

As an aside, the rocks they brought back prove they went to the Moon beyond a doubt.  But that takes some understanding of geology to explain and understand...

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:52:32 AM

As an American, I vividly remember watching the footage of nighttime attacks on Israel during the Gulf War.  Saddam had Scud missiles filled with chemical weapons, and he was intent on gassing the poor Jews.  The only thing standing in his way was the brave American military and their Patriot missiles.

Or, at least, that's what we were told:
CNN faking the Gulf War, using bluescreens at Sandy Hook

They also told us that Saddam's army, when they entered Kuwait, "took the babies out of the incubators and threw them on the floor."  Turns out that was bullshit as well:
"Kuwaiti girl" turns out to be daughter of Kuwait Ambassador, coached by PR firm to lie to Congress

Why did you include "mainstream" in your statement? Are you implying that other forms of media are less prone to bullshit? I'd say no, they are not less prone to bullshit. It's just other biases - more personal and more chaotic - that drive the bullshit in the alternative sources of information. In other words, big media is driven by the big - and more orchestrated - interest groups.
From mainstream media, you could "prove" particular stories as true. From the alternative media, you could prove any story true.
The trick is to observe and keep track of whom to trust, and to what extent. No media can beat my direct observations, but even those are prone to my own biases and wishful thinking.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:00:06 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 06:11:31 AM by cryptoanarchist

For a start, you can simply look at the specifications of the thrusters and the propellant, as well as the vehicle mass fractions.  Then use the equations ....

Quite a few high school students could answer your question, using math and a piece of paper, and a calculator with a log function....

As an aside, the rocks they brought back prove they went to the Moon beyond a doubt.  But that takes some understanding of geology to explain and understand...

so you're an idiot, and you use logical fallacy to "prove" your arguments. Here, read these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

For extra credit, figure out which ones you just used. So exactly how much fuel do you think that completely unrealistic spaceship with rippled poster board siding and christmas wrapping heat/radiation protection required to get back to earth?

Seriously, you really see that at a plausible craft capable of traveling 500,000 miles through space? How old are you? Here's a better link:

http://www.freewallpaperpic.com/wp/apollo11/51440/Apollo11_5927_NASA.jpg

Now really look at that. Try to take off your American Exceptionalism blinders and use those dormant frontal lobes of yours and ask yourself if that is a credible spacecraft.

I'm grumpy!!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 01:21:01 PM by Spendulus

so you're an idiot, and you use logical fallacy to "prove" your arguments. Here, read these:

For extra credit, figure out which ones you just used. So exactly how much fuel do you think that completely unrealistic spaceship with rippled poster board siding and christmas wrapping heat/radiation protection required to get back to earth?

Seriously, you really see that at a plausible craft capable of traveling 500,000 miles through space? How old are you? Here's a better link:

Now really look at that. Try to take off your American Exceptionalism blinders and use those dormant frontal lobes of yours and ask yourself if that is a credible spacecraft.

Here are the relevant characteristics.  A 3500 lbf thrust rocket motor you can pick up with one hand.  That was used to place the ascent module in low lunar orbit, then the orbiting unit made the return to Earth.  As you can see, fuel for the ascent stage was about half the weight of the unit.

Mass including fuel: 10,300 lb (4,700 kg)
APS thrust: 3,500 lbf (16,000 N)
APS propellants: Aerozine 50 fuel / nitrogen tetroxide oxidizer
APS specific impulse: 311 s (3,050 N·s/kg)
APS delta-V: 7,280 ft/s (2,220 m/s)
Thrust-to-weight ratio at liftoff: 2.124 (in lunar gravity)

These methods have been well understood for over a century.
total change in velocity = specific impulse * ln(takeoff mass/final empty mass)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsiolkovsky_rocket_equation

Let me repeat something you may have missed:  Modern radar mapping has shown us these landing sites, and has resolved the equipment left there, the vehicle tracks, and even the footprints of these men in the surface powder. (starts at 2:50 or so)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJDxEkmjJo

Previously I noted Ayn Rand's comments immediately after the Apollo 11 launch.

Ayn Rand, from the launchpad of Apollo 11, wrote this about the 'doubters'.  She talks about the doubters, and the skeptics...You see, they were definitely around then, just as now.

Oh, final thing, actual operational spacecraft don't tend to look pretty or elegant.  And yes, I have worked in this field and made a small contribution.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:42:47 PM

Here are the relevant characteristics.  A 3500 lbf thrust rocket motor you can pick up with one hand.  That was used to place the ascent module in low lunar orbit, then the orbiting unit made the return to Earth.  As you can see, fuel for the ascent stage was about half the weight of the unit.

Mass including fuel: 10,300 lb (4,700 kg)
APS thrust: 3,500 lbf (16,000 N)
APS propellants: Aerozine 50 fuel / nitrogen tetroxide oxidizer
APS specific impulse: 311 s (3,050 N·s/kg)
APS delta-V: 7,280 ft/s (2,220 m/s)
Thrust-to-weight ratio at liftoff: 2.124 (in lunar gravity)

These methods have been well understood for over a century.
total change in velocity = specific impulse * ln(takeoff mass/final empty mass)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsiolkovsky_rocket_equation

Let me repeat something you may have missed:  Modern radar mapping has shown us these landing sites, and has resolved the equipment left there, the vehicle tracks, and even the footprints of these men in the surface powder. (starts at 2:50 or so)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJDxEkmjJo

Previously I noted Ayn Rand's comments immediately after the Apollo 11 launch.

Ayn Rand, from the launchpad of Apollo 11, wrote this about the 'doubters'.  She talks about the doubters, and the skeptics...You see, they were definitely around then, just as now.

Oh, final thing, actual operational spacecraft don't tend to look pretty or elegant.  And yes, I have worked in this field and made a small contribution.

Sounds like you were unable to wake up those frontal lobes. You think that you can travel over 200K miles with less than 10,000 lbs of fuel? You must have watched a lot of cartoons because you have quite the imagination. What kind of magic fuel was that?

Oh yeah, and appealing to Ayn Rand is a logical fallacy. She was a great philosopher, but not a rocket scientist.

I'm grumpy!!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 03:09:50 PM by Spendulus

Sounds like you were unable to wake up those frontal lobes. You think that you can travel over 200K miles with less than 10,000 lbs of fuel? You must have watched a lot of cartoons because you have quite the imagination. What kind of magic fuel was that?

Yes, I do have sometimes difficulty waking up the frontal lobes.

What kind of fuel was that?  Hypergolic propellants.  Very, very nasty stuff.  You would not want to be around it, take my word on that.  But you seem to have some misunderstandings about energy use in orbital transfers.  
Do you think that a rocket going between planets must continually burn fuel, like a car or an airplane does, in order to stay on course?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: