Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin illegal in India?  (Read 1708 times)
Jeremias (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:49:37 PM

recent news articles suggest that Indian Police specially Delhi Police suggests that Bitcoin trading is illegal in India. What are your views guy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pk880058

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:28:06 AM

recent news articles suggest that Indian Police specially Delhi Police suggests that Bitcoin trading is illegal in India. What are your views guy?

It is still not clear that Bitcoin is legal or illegal, but what ever you are doing in bitcoin and if you are showing the transaction in tax that can evade you problem. This news are only for the person who are using bitcoin for illegal activities but not for legal doing.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 09:01:43 AM

Am not finding this in that article anymore. But I do remember reading it.
Anyone have any other link that still has that statement?

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:23:54 AM

It is very much there.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Card-frauds-used-bitcoins-to-trade-money/articleshow/50922983.cms

Search: The police claim that the Reserve Bank of India has decreed illegal all trade and use of virtual currencies as a medium for payment.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 11:47:22 AM

It is very much there.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Card-frauds-used-bitcoins-to-trade-money/articleshow/50922983.cms

Search: The police claim that the Reserve Bank of India has decreed illegal all trade and use of virtual currencies as a medium for payment.
Thanks, was looking elsewhere.

So, as this states, the police claim that the RBI has decreed it illegal.
This is not the case as we have been tracking RBI announcements very closely in this regard.
Therefore, this statement cannot be true.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:23:56 AM

It is very much there.

Thanks, was looking elsewhere.

So, as this states, the police claim that the RBI has decreed it illegal.
This is not the case as we have been tracking RBI announcements very closely in this regard.
Therefore, this statement cannot be true.

Until the government dont give any clear picture about Bitcoin , each and everyone will be taking it as they want , like in this case Delhi Police considers Bitcoin as Illegal why because it was used in the Illegal Activities that is why they consider it Illegal, but once the bitcoin is declared by government whether it is legal or illegal . each and everyone will take with their own way.

soyab0007

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:22:51 AM

Yep its still not clear if its legal or not.. but better to avoid showing bitcoin transactions.. when filing for income tax
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:32:01 PM

Yep its still not clear if its legal or not.. but better to avoid showing bitcoin transactions.. when filing for income tax
No ITR form accepts Tx hash as an input. But, you should definitely report if you earn INR by selling BTC and pay proper tax on that. DO NOT "avoid showing bitcoin transactions.. when filing for income tax".

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:08:03 PM

In absence of any clear notification by RBI related to bitcoin, Delhi Police stand can be challenged in court of law if someone is booked for using bitcoin.Police can interpret law as they want but there interpretation may be wrong
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:24:12 PM

Recall reading a push for Indians to put money into bank accounts. Same time I do not see them making a big push to crackdown on bitcoin.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:35:36 AM

I don't think that bitcoin is illegal in INDIA as there is no clear law about it.

However, Delhi police have arrested the operation manager of a bitcoin trading firm, because that person was involved in the fraud it seems. But there is no clear indication that bitcoin is illegal because of this matter only.

I think one day INDIA will have to come forward to frame a particular law about the crypto currencies sooner or later. But restraining people from using bitcoin will be impossible.

mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:39:37 PM

its not cleared yet that bitcoin is legal or illegal yet.and for trading i will say bitcoin trading is not illegal in any way because every thinks rate depend on its demand and supply like gold.so buying gold and selling at high price is also illegal?

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:19:48 PM

its not cleared yet that bitcoin is legal or illegal yet.and for trading i will say bitcoin trading is not illegal in any way because every thinks rate depend on its demand and supply like gold.so buying gold and selling at high price is also illegal?
Bitcoin is not consider illegal because of it unstable price but because it is a parallel currency.No government can allow a currency not under its direct control and that is the reason why many consider bitcoin illegal
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 09:47:55 PM

A affiliated group to alibaba is trying to set up a e-com style banking system like they have in China.
If they pull that off its going to be a real game changer for the internet.
How is your post related to this thread is beyond my understanding.Please make sure you post relevant message
soyab0007

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 01:55:59 PM

can a reseller use product purchase through bitcoins and sell in India?

Is it legal or illegal?
mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:24:32 AM

well...using of bitcoin is too simple so its on demand and price are going high.
now,everyone is using it.everyone can easily create wallet,send receive money without putting their PAN,ADHAR CARD,BANK PASSBOOK.so that people started to use this for illegal thinks.like kidnapping, blackmailing and ask them for money by bitcoin.this is main problem in not only india but in world.so in this case using of bitcoin may be illegal.
but still there are no rules in india.so bitcoin is legal in india.
but for security and catch the criminals creation bitcoin wallet must required pan,adhar card and selfie with adhar card.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: