Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL, Box of fans and Avalon trolling: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Ships  (Read 6464 times)
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:19:59 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2013, 02:18:51 AM by John (johnthedong)

You could certainly fit a Nexus 7 on the front.  I mean, the thing is the size of a Minirig SC.  Heh... a BFL single with power brick at the same GH/s is smaller than the PSU of the Avalon.  Comedy gold.  
The size of the unit itself may be the part that gets you into trouble with your own customers.

Heh.

It will hopefully be funny when the review comes out and BFLs size becomes it's biggest limitation. (assuming it doesn't also overheat in that little clam-shell of a box)

EDIT: BFL forums is down? Perhaps they ran for the hills??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
king_pin

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 01:42:14 AM

It's a box of fans. I can tell from the fans, having seeing a lot of boxes of fans in my time.
Hahahaha now that's comedy gold - cause all you have to sell are boxes with fans Cheesy

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

The size of the unit itself may be the part that gets you into trouble with your own customers.

Heh.

It will hopefully be funny when the review comes out and BFLs size becomes it's biggest limitation. (assuming it doesn't also overheat in that little clam-shell of a box)

Yes, because this makes sense.  Do you even read what you write?  We offer a box that's a bit over 92mm square and 75mm high, compared to a 4U minitower and somehow people will be pissed? Right...

Hahahaha now that's comedy gold - cause all you have to sell are boxes with fans

As of right now, it's a hell of a lot more than Avalon has.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:56:17 AM

Heh.

Yes, because this makes sense.  Do you even read what you write?  We offer a box that's a bit over 92mm square and 75mm high, compared to a 4U minitower and somehow people will be pissed? Right...
Yes, my good sir, exactly correct.

Hahahaha now that's comedy gold - cause all you have to sell are boxes with fans

Really?

I suppose we shall soon know, right?  Grin
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 02:03:20 AM

It's a box of fans. I can tell from the fans, having seeing a lot of boxes of fans in my time.

Well of course you are the expert when it comes to filling a box with fans and then selling it for a hefty price.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:08:44 AM

Heh.

Yes, because this makes sense.  Do you even read what you write?  We offer a box that's a bit over 92mm square and 75mm high, compared to a 4U minitower and somehow people will be pissed? Right...
Yes, my good sir, exactly correct.

Really?

I suppose we shall soon know, right?  Grin

Yes, really.  Have you seen an Avalon in real life?  Plenty of people have seen OUR box of fans in real life.  No one has yet seen an Avalon in person.  So yes, we have more than Avalon currently.

I mean, shit, our box of fans has 18 fans, a power supply, a Nexus 7 tablet and some trays to put your pies on (to cool them with the fans of course) ... what's Avalon got?  A picture of two fans and what appears to be a power supply and a few sheets of metal and some screws.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 02:13:53 AM

You could certainly fit a Nexus 7 on the front.  I mean, the thing is the size of a Minirig SC.  Heh... a BFL single with power brick at the same GH/s is smaller than the PSU of the Avalon.  Comedy gold.  

Whats hilarious is you could fit 6 of these avalon units inside that empty box you call a mini rig, lol Inaba.
If you goal is to be the most bitter and pathetic PR person in PR history Id say your currently tied with Matthew N Wright.

Im just waiting for your explosively sooky exit - when Sonny does his exit plan leaving you the gullible front man on the hook for it all., Im picturing runny nose and tears streaming from your face as you attempt to hide from the world in an empty mini rig box screaming "WEAVE ME AWONE".

king_pin

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:47:03 AM

I have to agree with that! Smiley
Yours at least has a phone inside, and theirs is empty  Roll Eyes

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:47:19 AM

Sorry mem, among your other mental illnesses is your ability to gauge size.  The minirig SC, which is 1.5 TH is the same size as the Avalon unit, which is 66 GH.  Actually, I think the minirig might even be smaller than the Avalon unit.  Now THAT's funny.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 03:52:14 AM

Yes, really.  Have you seen an Avalon in real life?  Plenty of people have seen OUR box of fans in real life.  No one has yet seen an Avalon in person.  So yes, we have more than Avalon currently.

I mean, shit, our box of fans has 18 fans, a power supply, a Nexus 7 tablet and some trays to put your pies on (to cool them with the fans of course) ... what's Avalon got?  A picture of two fans and what appears to be a power supply and a few sheets of metal and some screws.

interesting point. in terms of released info, BFL would seem ahead (if avalon units aren't shipped).

In terms of size, at this point all people want is the power. 2, 3 gens into this technology and both companies will be performing to size/heat specs. right now, its about which $XXX gets the most GH/s soonest

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 03:54:37 AM

Sorry mem, among your other mental illnesses is your ability to gauge size.  The minirig SC, which is 1.5 TH is the same size as the Avalon unit, which is 66 GH.  Actually, I think the minirig might even be smaller than the Avalon unit.  Now THAT's funny.

BFL minirig SC (1.50 TeraCFM) That is a lot of fans to fit into such a small volume. I'm not sure you have the chops.  Grin
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 03:56:35 AM

At any rate... thanks for creating a new thread for all the trolling/bullshit, much appreciated.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:39:23 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2013, 04:59:25 AM by PuertoLibre

Really?

At CES you had a box of fans with a power supply attached. Just metal spacers and fans at an expensive booth worth a few thousand.

At least Avalon has fans + metal box + a power supply and working ASIC chips.

Avalon has shown pictures of their device. So did BFL.
Avalon showed their fab contract. BFL never did.
Avalon has shown a box with fans and a power supply including boards populated with ASICs.

BFL showed a box with fans and a power supply, no ASICs. Oh wait, no, I am wrong about this. Actually they did show ASIC prototypes that didn't work. They originally showed a prototype board.

When someone noticed the chips were blown, you called them a myriad of names for implying they weren't any good....a few weeks later in October BitCoinINV filed a complaint with the general attorney and that forced BFL to respond with information that they didn't yet have a working prototype.

Then adding to the humiliation, you were forced to admit that the ASICs you had shown did not in fact work. People had a field day laughing about that.

Did you apologize to the people you called all manner of names? No.

-----------------

Avalon is in a better position than you imagine. They showed their contract papers for their order of ASIC chips. A little over a month later, they had pictures of working ASICs that have shipped. They even named some of the first recipients by name.

BFL? Their ASICs have been recooked several times (and several wafers thrown out) and they still don't work right. Certainly not well enough to be used by their customers as intended.

--------------

Unless you want to redefine what is "proof". I suggest you back down and check the absurd attitude.

Am I having a ridiculous nonsensical argument with the head of PR at BFL? You bet your ass I am!

Yes, really.  Have you seen an Avalon in real life?
If real life extends to photography, then yes.

Plenty of people have seen OUR box of fans in real life.  No one has yet seen an Avalon in person.  So yes, we have more than Avalon currently.
What a ridiculous position to take. Do customs officials count? What about the developers who made the device?

When Jeff gets his rig, I guess that means that you no longer have that argument to stand behind, correct?

Famed words uttered by Josh when asked about his thirty thousand dollar
"Box with Fans"®.

I mean, shit, our box of fans has 18 fans, a power supply, a Nexus 7 tablet and some trays to put your pies on (to cool them with the fans of course) ... what's Avalon got?  A picture of two fans and what appears to be a power supply and a few sheets of metal and some screws.

Well, I wasn't aware you were in the business of selling a $100 tablet for $30,000 dollars. Now you describe it as a pie holder. Perhaps your sanity is already at risk?[/b][/color]Then again, perhaps you are just missing some nuts and bolts from your mental casing? [Speculation]
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 05:00:09 AM

They have?  Can you point to a picture that wasn't supplied by Avalon?  You can't?  Oh, then you're full of shit.

Yes, because we have shown actual chips before Avalon ever showed their contract, so it's kind of moot, isn't it?

Avalon has shown a box with fans and a power supply including boards populated with ASICs.

No they haven't.  They have shown a "picture" of what they claim is this.  We have actually SHOWN this... there is a difference.

When someone noticed the chips were blown, you called them a myriad of names for implying they weren't any good....a few weeks later in October BitCoinINV filed a complaint with the general attorney and that forced BFL to respond with information that they didn't yet have a working prototype.

False.  BitcoinINV filed a complaint because he's a whiny attention whoring bitch.  He never asked for a refund, which we would have given.  He just wanted attention and the Attorney General did nothing but laugh at his complaint and send him a form letter.

Then adding to the humiliation, you were forced to admit that the ASICs you had shown did not in fact work. People had a field day laughing about that.

The only one laughing is the BFL clown posse. Waaaa... how's your Avalon hashing for you?  Oh, what's that? You don't have one?  I guess you're full of shit.

Avalon is in a better position than you imagine. They showed their contract papers for their order of ASIC chips. A little over a month later, they had pictures of working ASICs that have shipped. They even named some of the first recipients by name.

Right, so I show you a piece of paper and all is well?  Get real you lying sack of shit.

Unless you want to redefine what is "proof". I suggest you back down and check the absurd attitude.

I suggest you check what proof is.  A photograph, according to you, is not proof. But wait, it IS proof when it's the device YOU have ordered.  Haha, but deep down you know you ordered a piece of shit and now you are a sad panda. It's ok little man, you'll get your giant 4U chassis full of chips soon enough, I am sure.  Have fun stacking those things in your basement, especially in that hot Texas sun this summer.  I could literally stack up 16 BFL Single SC units, providing nearly 1 TH of hasing in the same volume and a bit more power than the space your one Avalon unit takes up.  You go on and enjoy that, heh.

Am I having a ridiculous nonsensical argument with the head of PR at BFL? You bet your ass I am!

Yes you are, for sure.  You are the master of nonsense and bullshit.

When Jeff gets his rig, I guess that means that you no longer have that argument to stand behind, correct?

PuertoLibre: But but!  But!  When Avalon ships you'll be sorry!  Yes you will! You'll be so sorry!  You'll see!  

PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:26:48 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2013, 05:47:46 AM by PuertoLibre

They have?  Can you point to a picture that wasn't supplied by Avalon?  You can't?  Oh, then you're full of shit.
Baloney. All pictures even those used by Bitcoin magazine were provided by BFL.

Moot point indeed.

Yes, because we have shown actual chips before Avalon ever showed their contract, so it's kind of moot, isn't it?
You showed blown chips. Chips that didn't work as intended.

You seem to miss the obvious points.

No they haven't.  They have shown a "picture" of what they claim is this.  We have actually SHOWN this... there is a difference.
No, there isn't.

Look, no blown ASIC chips!

(Someone please post that first pic released by BFL, the one with blown chips.

http://i47.tinypic.com/35cftwh.png

False.  BitcoinINV filed a complaint because he's a whiny attention whoring bitch.  He never asked for a refund, which we would have given.  He just wanted attention and the Attorney General did nothing but laugh at his complaint and send him a form letter.
That is your artistic interpretation. I reject your interpretation.

BFL's first picture of their ASICs. Later revealed that it was non-functional (Blown) ASIC chips.

The only one laughing is the BFL clown posse. Waaaa... how's your Avalon hashing for you?  Oh, what's that? You don't have one?  I guess you're full of shit.
Until:

---Jeff receives his unit. Then reviews it
---Avalon miners receive theirs.
---Avalon customers post copious photos and videos online. Much to BFL's detriment.

At that point you just "magically" turn into an irate Rep with a bad attitude and load of chips and a history of ASICs that never quite worked right over something....like 120 days..

I feel sorry for you.

Right, so I show you a piece of paper and all is well?  Get real you lying sack of shit.
You seem to be emotionally invested in this argument.

I know that was a sensitive spot in your armor and reputation.  Cheesy

I suggest you check what proof is.  A photograph, according to you, is not proof. But wait, it IS proof when it's the device YOU have ordered.
I never remarked on that on this forum. You have pulled that from between thy cheeks.

Haha, but deep down you know you ordered a piece of shit and now you are a sad panda.
Projecting unto others?

Interesting.

It's ok little man, you'll get your giant 4U chassis full of chips soon enough, I am sure.  Have fun stacking those things in your basement, especially in that hot Texas sun this summer.  I could literally stack up 16 BFL Single SC units, providing nearly 1 TH of hasing in the same volume and a bit more power than the space your one Avalon unit takes up.  You go on and enjoy that, heh.
I believe the joke may be on you when you realize why it is so big. Wink

<chuckled a bit there>

By the way, 4U refers to height in a Server Rack.

Yes you are, for sure.  You are the master of nonsense and bullshit.
That is why you take moment of your life to answer my messages.

What if you just didn't...I wonder what would happen?

PuertoLibre: But but!  But!  When Avalon ships you'll be sorry!  Yes you will! You'll be so sorry!  You'll see!  

It is a bit of a surprise, my angry friend. Wink

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 05:53:42 AM

Baloney. All pictures even those used by Bitcoin magazine were provided by BFL.

Oh, so the picture you are so fond of trotting out with me in the back ground at CES was supplied by BFL?  Good to know.  Idiot.

You showed blown chips. Chips that didn't work as intended.

You seem to miss the obvious points.

Your point being?  Has Avalon shown working chips?  What's that?  They haven't?  Guess you're full of shit.

That is your artistic interpretation. I reject your interpretation.

That's fine, you're good at rejecting facts.  God forbid reality get in the way of your delusions.

Until:

---Jeff receives his unit. Then reviews it
---Avalon miners receive theirs.
---Avalon customers post copious photos and videos online. Much to BFL's detriment.

At that point you just "magically" turn into an irate Rep with a bad attitude and load of chips and a history of ASICs that never quite worked right over something....like 120 days..

I feel sorry for you.

Love your waffling.  "UNTIL!"  OMG!!  Yes, until indeed.  So far, nothing, nada... not even a tracking number, which you think someone would have after spending $400 to ship 1 unit.

What's even funnier is by the time all the Avalon first batch customers receive their units, it looks like BFL's units will already be in our customers hands.  Yeah, Avalon's fake "shipping" on the 21st is working out well.  A week later and nothing has shown up anywhere, not even a tracking number.

You seem to be emotionally invested in this argument.

I know that was a sensitive spot in your armor and reputation.  Cheesy

Yes, you do seem emotionally invested in it.  You are defending a company that has:

A) Designed an exceptionally inferior product
B) Purchased said product
C) No one has received said product
D) No one has received a tracking number
E) No one has received the product for review, even a test unit

Basically, you have paid for the same service you are bitching about BFL for, but you've paid for an inferior product.  Yeah, and I'm emotionally invested.

I believe the joke may be on you when you realize why it is so big. Wink

<chuckled a bit there>

By the way, 4U refers to height in a Server Rack.

Oh, I wait with bated breath to learn why it's so big.  Oh wait, we already know... they use 110nm process and require a ton of chips and power, and all the associated cooling that goes with it.  There's likely more than one board in that chassis.  What is your point you are trying to make (besides the one on the top of your head) with regards to 4U?  Are you seriously trying to deny the fact that the Avalon unit is 4U high?  Seriously?  Look at the PSU... a PSU on it's side is, wait for it... almost 4U high.  Add in the height of the top and bottom panels and you have, you guessed it, a 4U high monstrosity.  Duh.  Idiot.

That is why you take moment of your life to answer my messages.

What if you just didn't...I wonder what would happen?

Nothing would happen.  You would be forgotten, because you provide zero value to this world, much less Bitcointalk.  Your sole existence appears is focused around responding to messages on Bitcointalk, for which you do not get paid and have no vested interest in.  You have an unnatural, unhealthy fixation on me and the company I work for.  You can't resist responding to the majority of the posts I make and you continually manufacture false information and lies to somehow figure a way to insert yourself into the conversation.  It makes no matter that your lies are transparent, easily disproved or otherwise blatantly and obviously false.  You don't care, you just want the attention and to feel special for being part of the conversation.  Like I said in the past, I get paid to be here.. it's my job, what is your excuse?

I wonder what would happen indeed?

It is a bit of a surprise, my angry friend. Wink

You keep saying this. I don't think you understand what anger is.  Take a moment of self reflection and you might understand it better... or maybe that's just self loathing you feel.  Either way, it makes no matter.  You're here, flinging about bullshit and lies.  I'm here, destroying your bullshit repeatedly.  I get paid to do it, you are doing it because you are too stupid to realize nearly everything you write is ridiculous.

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:56:14 AM

*sighs*

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:58:10 AM

Josh are you an elementary school kid?

Seriously, you aren't even trying to "win" this argument. I feel incredible pity.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:06:00 AM

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 06:09:55 AM

This is a troll thread (so I'm livin' it up) and there's nothing to win.. you post bullshit constantly. You have a pathological inability to post facts without inserting your false information.  Stop posting bullshit and we won't have anything to talk about.  Unfortunately, I doubt you can resist posting lies and crap.

Did I touch a nerve, poor little guy?  You must live such a sad life, I'd say I feel pit for you, but I don't.  You're nothing but trash and your fate in life is of your own making.

I find it curious that you keep wanting so desperately for me to be "angry."  Is it because you are angry and you can't bear the thought of me not also being angry?  Do you bang out reply after reply, trying so desperately to be a part of something?  Is that why you're angry and want to project that on to everyone else?  I mean, look at you.  Posting the same pictures over and over in a desperate attempt to legitimize your laughingly penned missives towards me. Too bad no one is buying it and you continue your sad little existence, trying in vain to be someone.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: