Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:27:15 PM

Donation complete
This  a very nice project keep you good works Dev
Nice video, did you drop your cup of coffee or something at 1:35?  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chinadaye

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:12:57 PM

1.9996 BTC
4 Confirmations
Why did not appear on the list of my donation?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:54:31 PM

1.9996 BTC
4 Confirmations
Why did not appear on the list of my donation?

Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues at the moment. The genesis block will be updated in the next five minutes.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
chinadaye

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:20:26 PM

Thank you. I've seen it on the list. I want to know the difference between you and other similar projects. Or you can do some things that others can not do.

TheDR

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:38:49 PM

Donation complete
This  a very nice project keep you good works Dev
Nice video, did you drop your cup of coffee or something at 1:35?  Cheesy
No the sound was my chair it's loud I need a new one  Tongue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnaW3IKR6M4&feature=youtu.be
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:44:29 PM

Donation complete
This  a very nice project keep you good works Dev
Nice video, did you drop your cup of coffee or something at 1:35?  Cheesy
No the sound was my chair it's loud I need a new one  Tongue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnaW3IKR6M4&feature=youtu.be
Aah ok, I thought you dropped something and had to clean it up or something  Grin
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:25:11 PM

There is a message saying:
NOT PERMITTED!
Based on your IP address it seems that you do not comply with our terms.

What does it means, I cannot donate anymore?
I already donated few weeks back
Thanks
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 05:51:26 PM

How can i track all transactions ?
edit: / i found it https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/master/genesis-block.json

signature not found.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 06:12:58 PM

There is a message saying:
NOT PERMITTED!
Based on your IP address it seems that you do not comply with our terms.

What does it means, I cannot donate anymore?
I already donated few weeks back
Thanks

Download Tor Browser and try again  Wink

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

zmija

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:25:35 AM

looks very promising  Smiley

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Ilove-Obama

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:09:19 AM

Donation complete
nice project . Keep going on

A good project, I already added a list with Edon and Lisk

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« ⪓  FAST CONFIRMATION   ► EDON ICO STARTED SOON  ◄  ⪓  NODE.js tehnology ⪓    »»»»
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:42:18 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 10:58:17 AM by Evil-Knievel

I am working a lot this weekend and I hope that I can provide you with an update to what I've done by tomorrow.
chinadaye

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:14:51 AM

I am working a lot this weekend and I hope that I can provide you with an update to what I've done by tomorrow.

What will be updated for these one or two days?

open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:15:10 AM

Invested, glad to be onboard  Grin
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:57:27 AM

This doesn't take off.
Surely due to the fact the developers keep themselves anonymous.
Not introducing yourselves to the community is rather old fashion and create a big shade on your true intentions.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:46:54 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 11:19:08 AM by Evil-Knievel

Although I am still working hard and we are still far from a "working product" here my update for this weekend.

0. Disclaimer:

Forgive me, if something is not 100% perfect. But please understand that I am doing this absolutely voluntarily and in my spare time (usually a few hours after my day time job and on the weekends) and that I do not get paid for any of my work here (i really do not want so). I hope we get more people to help and create this wonderful piece of software. The reason why I eagerly want this project to succeed is that I regularily need large amounts of computational power "on demand" and Elastic would be my number one tool to do so.

1. General Technology:

I have been experimenting with the mini-blockchain approach that I have taken from Cryptonite's implementation and changed it so it supports our new (and in this thread developed) exponential proof-of-stake scheme. I have got it working pretty good, however I don't like the old bitcoin-client look. I felt we need something more "modern".

So I have taken the NRS as a basis (from NXT) and have performed the steps vice versa. I have taken their proof-of-stake mining approach, changed it to be exponential and implemented Cryptonite mini-blockchain instead of their old full bloated blockchain approach.

Sidenote: The "Nothing at Stake" attack, that we have been discussing a few month ago has been solved here. The approach is not field-tested nor is it peer-reviewed. I hope Lannister can kick off some reviewers to take a deeper look at it (if you read this, PM me).

Anyway, this way we have the same functionality (as we have discussed excessively here in this thread) but in a lot nicer and better looking "costume".
Alone these steps have taken me almost 10 days, and I hope you believe me that these are already 25% of the coin even though they mostly are details that happen under the hood and are not visible.

Furthermore, I have stripped everything unneccessary from the NRS. We can decide this here in the community, but I think it's better to have one coin that does one particular thing very good, instead of an "allrounder". So any kind of digital goods stores, monetary systems, etc. are gone. Pruning them cleanly from the source code took a while.

Then, I have extended the system with completely new features. We have now a "Cloud Computing" system that is both operable under the hood at protocol level, as well as operable through the GUI. The latter point is still under heavy development, but please check out the screenshots below for the first impressions. This operation is very basic at the moment (you can create work packages, you can send them to the network, and others can submit both the proof-of-works as well as the bounty-payment-requests as described in the white paper). That means that currently there is no correctness checks of either the work, nor of what is submitted by the workers that work on it. Think of it, currently, as a dummy functionality where all necessary adjustments to the protocol have been made, but the details "under the hood" are still missing. Those will be the "verifiable computation part" which is still ahead of us and which will take a huge amount of time to get it done correctly.

2. LUA:

Open for discussion as well. I have decided to use the LUA script language for the users to develop their works/tasks/to-be-solved algorithms in. Our client is written in Java, and there are many very good and long-tested LUA virtual machines / interpreters out there.

The goal, for the verifiable computation part (the part that ensures that the work which  other "workers" perform and for which they want to get paid) can be verified easily and at a much lower cost. This will be done by an alternative virtual machine implementing the techniques as we described them in the whitepaper and as we (hopefull) will discuss here in the thread.

Lua additionally has the advantage, that there are efficient Lua-to-C or Lua-to-ASM compilers which, at a later point in time, will allow us to create more efficient and a lot faster "mining software" (not sure whats the right term here, mining? working? solving?).
These compilers will of course also need some adjustments, to implement our verifiable computation scheme.

3. Nice little details: Hashvatar:

I was a bit bored and I realized that there is something like randomly generated avatars based on your unique account ID.
I call them "Hashvatars" here, maybe you guys have a better term.
This not only looks cool, but also helps to avoid mistakes. So you always see your Hashvatas above your name and somehow get familiar with it. Now, when you want to withdraw/send XEL coins to your wallet, you can quickly verify that you have entered the correct destination address: this is the case if the Hashvatar looks the same.

4. The Cloud Computation Interface:

Here you see the pending work on the UI for the cloud computation feature.
The left sidebar allows you to enter two areas, the "Get Your Work" done, which allows you to create and submit new work packages, and the "Contribute and Earn" where you can see your efficiency, check out which work you have priorly contributed to, and see a live chart of your Computer Performance Statistics (CPU usage general vs. CPU usage for Elastic).

Here, I am still developing heavily. Right now you can view a list of work packages that you have already submitted to the network.
That is you see is they are active or they have been either solved or canceled, and you can see how much percent of them have been worked off already. The percentage basically means: When you have attached 1000 XEL to your program, and people have been paid 500 XEL of it already, then your work package is done 50%. If you cancel it, you get refunded with the remainder of 50%. You can also see in the UI how many bounties have been submitted: that means, how many (for you) relevant solutions already have been found by the users. This is indepentent of the periodic proof-of-work messages that the users generate to claim a payment for their work.

We have to write that down more technically, so everyone can understand that.

Anyway, the next parts that I am working on is:

- LUA Code Editor directly in the UI, so people can develop their work packages directly in the browser and so they immediately see how expensive it will be to push that task to the network. Also, I would like to have a "test" function so users can test and verify the correctness of their work package before they submit it to the network.

- Then I will finish the "Getting Your Work Done" interface, so you can actually view more details for your work packages: like for example detailed statistics, the rate at which the network is solving your work, the total CPU power involved and possibilities to beautifully extract the "relevant work submission". Also, the basic controls such as "renew this work" or "cancel and refund" will be done shortly.

5. Why are you working so much on the UI right now?

Well, the first (and time consuming part) was the mini-blockchain with exponential proof-of-stake. This is something that happens under the hood, and people cannot actually see the progress which may be frustrating. I have decided to spend 2-3 weeks on the GUI, get it ready, and then (while people can play with it) i will focus on the technical difficulties again which will take weeks of thinking and little visible changes.
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:52:00 PM

I applaud you for choosing NXT code as a basis, as it is a lot cleaner and more modular!

I'll be honest seeing the BTC core being used as a basis was a huge turn off for me.

Also LuaJIT can be quite fast, in fact even faster than regularly compiled code in some cases.

And of course there is Torch for Machine Learning in Lua.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:02:48 PM

I applaud you for choosing NXT code as a basis, as it is a lot cleaner and more modular!

I'll be honest seeing the BTC core being used as a basis was a huge turn off for me.

Thank you very much. Yes the BTC core was a huge turn off for me too. It was a quick way to get the approach (combination mini-blockchain and POS) done and evaluate it a bit, but for the long term I felt we need something modern. Something that actually looks like a "2.0" project.

Also LuaJIT can be quite fast, in fact even faster than regularly compiled code in some cases.

Yes, I have seen that one and it looked promising. Might be the way to go. If you have already experience with it you are invited to join me on this part ;-)

I need some rest now, this was one hell of a weekend. I was working 14 hours a day. From bed to computer, from computer to bed.
I'll get a glass of wine, grab a book, and get some time off.
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:38:19 PM

Thank you very much. Yes the BTC core was a huge turn off for me too. It was a quick way to get the approach (combination mini-blockchain and POS) done and evaluate it a bit, but for the long term I felt we need something modern. Something that actually looks like a "2.0" project.

Yes, I have seen that one and it looked promising. Might be the way to go. If you have already experience with it you are invited to join me on this part ;-)

I need some rest now, this was one hell of a weekend. I was working 14 hours a day. From bed to computer, from computer to bed.
I'll get a glass of wine, grab a book, and get some time off.

Yes, need to pause once in awhile, otherwise efficiency goes in the shitter. They didn't come up with a 40 hour work week randomly. Experiments showed that this was the most efficient in the long run! Smiley

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:33:58 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 07:01:56 PM by Evil-Knievel

This doesn't take off.
Surely due to the fact the developers keep themselves anonymous.
Not introducing yourselves to the community is rather old fashion and create a big shade on your true intentions.

Well, my true intention is to build a great tool (one that is a never before seen technical innovation). One that I can actually use: as you probably know, I work as a researcher and regularily have to solve complex optimization problems (genetic algorithms, simulated annealing, monte carlo sampling and many more). I have access to a cluster but it has only a few hundred nodes and it requires using certain libraries which render the development a pain in the ass. So I need an easy and efficient way get (at least parts of) these tasks done. What if I can hack my code into LUA and have it solved by 20000 nodes? That would be great.

Not sure why this project does not get that much attention. Probably because it has not hired a whole bunch of promoters, signature campaign users, hypers, sockpuppets and other interesting people who dedicate their time to hype a coin "to the moon".

When I take a look at some recent and ongoing projects, I see some shiny websites with smiling faces of "dev team" members scattered all over it. They, of course, come along with a CV stating how good they are, how many bachelor thesises they have written, what programming languages they know and what websites they have created so far.

Good, if that is what you are looking for, go ahead.
I think that, if most of these people that get involved in those projects, knew what kind of brilliant people are involved in Elastic, they would change their minds quickly  Wink  I think that nobody here needs to show off with his bachelor's thesis because a master's thesis and a phd thesis have already followed, in some cases long time ago, already.

Then why is nobody writing that down? Because it does not matter. I think we all are glad that we are not confronted with any hypers, pump and dumpers and people who love glossy images on nice (promotional) websites. We want to create great software that solves complex algorithmic problems, and (at least me) even do not want to get paid a single cent for it. If that happens without much attention, then that's just how it is.

To sum up: I think everyone here is wishing those, who have thousands of BTC that they throw at "publicly known" dev teams with the third interpretation of the same idea A LOT success over at these projects. May the force be with you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: