Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450426 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
starodubcev

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

Creating global brains

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:04:04 AM

A lot of interesting happens here. I'd like to put some if code will be released

keybase: 21xhipster

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
starodubcev

Creating global brains

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:11:56 AM

Also I'd like to understand why coins are moving until the end of rising?

One more question concerning transparency:
https://blockchain.info/address/3Q2aKEGFTKDw3hghsBifXp39CZVMtZukxn shows that 194.27083386 BTC has been sent while http://www.elastic.pro/donations claims about 242.08.

I found 3 addresses connected with this sale
- 3Q2aKEGFTKDw3hghsBifXp39CZVMtZukxn
- 3AVhok6gvrgSbTXfGEksYKEWBdxS9qo8E6
- Qnj4QtdD4qtZcP82xyLq2paAEPDgfwezd

Can somebody explain what is about?

Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:47:15 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 08:58:46 AM by Lannister

They are moving because they are moving. The intention is not to develop a program, deliver it, then collect the funds as our reward. The intention is to spend the money developing the project. But it's your BTC to donate or not to donate, and if one of your criteria for doing so is "that the coins do not move until the end of rising" then please do not donate.

https://blockchain.info/address/3Q2aKEGFTKDw3hghsBifXp39CZVMtZukxn shows that 194.27083386 BTC has been sent while http://www.elastic.pro/donations claims about 242.08.

Please do not rely on BCI. All donations are recorded in the genesis block and, if in doubt, can all be verified manually:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elastic-project/genesis-block/master/genesis-block.json

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:57:58 AM

I found 3 addresses connected with this sale
- 3Q2aKEGFTKDw3hghsBifXp39CZVMtZukxn
- 3AVhok6gvrgSbTXfGEksYKEWBdxS9qo8E6
- Qnj4QtdD4qtZcP82xyLq2paAEPDgfwezd

Can somebody explain what is about?

there's no escrow. devs have access to funds when they are donated. this is an atypical ICO arrangement.
Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:50:54 AM

this is an atypical ICO arrangement.

What I noticed is that many comments here reflect a misunderstanding of apocalyptic proportions. I can only refer to the terms and conditions. These are carefully written and should pretty much speak for themselves: we are not doing what under today's convention is understood as an ICO, we do not issue any shares in a company and we give no promises about any (possible) future rewards. But if you enjoy this project and want to support it, we are happy to receive your benevolent donation. A donation is a donation and not a deposit. Once donated, the donations belong to us and we can spend them, burn them, use them to make the world a better place or do whatever is up to our imagination.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
bitbitch

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:20:18 AM

What I noticed is that many comments here reflect a misunderstanding of apocalyptic proportions. I can only refer to the terms and conditions. These are carefully written and should pretty much speak for themselves: we are not doing what under today's convention is understood as an ICO, we do not issue any shares in a company and we give no promises about any (possible) future rewards. But if you enjoy this project and want to support it, we are happy to receive your benevolent donation. A donation is a donation and not a deposit. Once donated, the donations belong to us and we can spend them, burn them, use them to make the world a better place or do whatever is up to our imagination.

'ICO' has become a standard and generic term when referring to any project announced here where btc or other coins are exchanged for tokens (XEL).
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:26:05 AM

13504 Blocks left.
If the 500 BTC donations aren't completed, you'll distribute the 5M coins between current holders, right?
Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:51:40 AM

13504 Blocks left.
If the 500 BTC donations aren't completed, you'll distribute the 5M coins between current holders, right?

Yes, if less than 5M XEL are given away, I will distribute what is left among all donators proportionally to the size of their donation. This way, in the absence of any other indication, all donators get more or less a fair share of what is left.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:56:46 AM

13504 Blocks left.

Yes, if less than 5M XEL are given away, I will distribute what is left among all donators proportionally to the size of their donation. This way, in the absence of any other indication, all donators get more or less a fair share of what is left.
When do you estimate we will reach this block threshold?

Want to participate but I am not ready yet.

Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:23:16 PM

When do you estimate we will reach this block threshold?

You have plenty of time to get ready.

1 block = 10 minutes.
13504 blocks = 135040 minutes ~ 2250 hours ~ 93 days.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 01:30:55 PM

13504 Blocks left.

So, 500BTC is the max?
Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 01:36:47 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 01:52:43 PM by Lannister

'ICO' has become a standard and generic term when referring to any project announced here where btc or other coins are exchanged for tokens (XEL).

Yes, but we are not doing that here either. From the legal perspective, exchanging one coin for another implies a contract for the exchange of virtual goods (XEL, BTC) between me and a buyer. That also means that I have to decide what one XEL is worth arbitrarily. Let's face it, a XEL is worth nothing. We are not selling anything here, we do not want to be tied up in any contracts and we do not give any guarantee of success. You donate and our way to thank you is to give you a few worthless XEL that can be understood as a complimentary "early access" to our software, all without any sort of obligations from either party.

starodubcev

Creating global brains

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:54:40 PM

My personal intention is not only donating myself. I strive to provide ultimate transparency for exciting fundings here https://cyber.fund/radar.
And we need to calculate raised money as well.

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:56:23 PM

NEEDS more DAO! lol  Shocked Cool
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:04:59 PM

Small update!

I try to keep things as simple as possible. What do you think about this "create new work dialog"?
I think that it has all neccessary features without looking "cluttered".

- The source code must be developed externally (with the SDK or a standalone text editor).
The source code is automatically checked for the correct syntax and semantics when uploaded.
- When you enter an amount, it will automatically tell you how many iterations of your program you can expect for the amount of XEL you are willing to spend and how long it will take for the job to complete.

Did I miss something obvious in this dialog? Feedback appreciated!

Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:40:43 PM

My personal intention is not only donating myself. I strive to provide ultimate transparency for exciting fundings here https://cyber.fund/radar.
And we need to calculate raised money as well.

Extraordinary and beautifully-crafted website! Congratulations!
As for escrow, the intention is not to develop a program, deliver it, then collect the bitcoin as our reward.  The intention is to spend the money developing the project.  We can't do that if its escrowed. To help you a little bit, the total amount that was donated can be queried here: http://elastic.pro/cyber-fund

bitbitch

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:53:51 PM

Yes, but we are not doing that here either. From the legal perspective, exchanging one coin for another implies a contract for the exchange of virtual goods (XEL, BTC) between me and a buyer. That also means that I have to decide what one XEL is worth arbitrarily. Let's face it, a XEL is worth nothing. We are not selling anything here, we do not want to be tied up in any contracts and we do not give any guarantee of success. You donate and our way to thank you is to give you a few worthless XEL that can be understood as a complimentary "early access" to our software, all without any sort of obligations from either party.

then 'vouchers' might be better.
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 10:27:49 PM

- When you enter an amount, it will automatically tell you how many iterations of your program you can expect for the amount of XEL you are willing to spend and how long it will take for the job to complete.
Looks great, the only thing to add would perhaps be an ETA in time estimated from the current pow. I'm not sure if this is the case, but deadline looks like you can insert values in it, wouldn't it be better to just input XEL and the rest is shown as info, as in what you get for that ammount of XEL, iterations, blocks ETA.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:38:55 PM

Looks great, the only thing to add would perhaps be an ETA in time estimated from the current pow. I'm not sure if this is the case, but deadline looks like you can insert values in it, wouldn't it be better to just input XEL and the rest is shown as info, as in what you get for that ammount of XEL, iterations, blocks ETA.

Well the deadline is something different than the ETA  Wink
Sometimes, when you have time critical tasks (like for example you need a result in the next hour otherwise you are not interested anymore) you can set a deadline of just a few blocks to have the remaining XEL refunded to you automatically. This functionality could become handy for those who use Elastic to mine other coins, even though there is the manual "Cancel & Refund" function as a backup.

The ETA on the other hand is just showing you how far you can get with the amount you specify ;-) The ETA should be maybe called "Estimated Time of Running Out Of Funds".

Not sure if the "ETROOF" could be replaced/supplemented by some other values? Any ideas are welcome  Wink
syahril

Bountie- Do You Have Game?

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:44:40 PM

Small update!

I try to keep things as simple as possible. What do you think about this "create new work dialog"?
I think that it has all neccessary features without looking "cluttered".

- The source code must be developed externally (with the SDK or a standalone text editor).
The source code is automatically checked for the correct syntax and semantics when uploaded.

Did I miss something obvious in this dialog? Feedback appreciated!

good for small update   Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: