Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:27:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:54:05 PM

Can we have some update on our project Elastic ?

It's basically quite simple:

- We will have a voting.

- We will have the options:

:Lite-Wallet with basic coin transfer functions
                 :Wait for Full-Wallet

And eventually a third option which would mean:

:Minimum-Viable-Product-Option

But regarding the last option it's still undecided if doable and supported by EK.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:58:41 PM

- We will have a voting.

But regarding the last option it's still undecided if doable and supported by EK.
Thank you for the info. Simple and informative as always !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:05:41 PM

SOMN (which the article is about) sounds really interesting.  They've done their site out to show the use cases that SOMN will be used for:

Essential scientific calculations which constantly require massive computing power are easily run on SONM
– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– aerodynamic calculations
– drug development
– modeling
– meteors trajectory modelling

And that's just one small part of it.  They talk about deploying game servers, neural network projects.  They've certainly got their PR together.
All they have is PR. I want to come up with my own coin that will cure cancer, ED, baldness while can be used for any type of gaming. I don't know how, but that's not important. The main thing is PR  Grin

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
devking

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:46:39 PM

SOMN (which the article is about) sounds really interesting.  They've done their site out to show the use cases that SOMN will be used for:

Essential scientific calculations which constantly require massive computing power are easily run on SONM
– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– drug development
– modeling

And that's just one small part of it.  They talk about deploying game servers, neural network projects.  They've certainly got their PR together.
All they have is PR. I want to come up with my own coin that will cure cancer, ED, baldness while can be used for any type of gaming. I don't know how, but that's not important. The main thing is PR  Grin

Putting anything on paper is easy. But actual implementation is complex and may take years to develop and test with evidences. Best examples Golem and RLC still on the paper

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:57:21 PM

– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– drug development
– modeling

That's why you need good PR.  They've already had a pre-ICO that sold out and it looks like their ICO will sell out as well.  That's the power of good PR.
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:07:57 PM

– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– drug development
– modeling

That's why you need good PR.  They've already had a pre-ICO that sold out and it looks like their ICO will sell out as well.  That's the power of good PR.

That's the power of hoodwinking people to do a money grab.

clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:54:20 PM

– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– drug development
– modeling

That's the power of hoodwinking people to do a money grab.

That's one possible use for PR.  Another is to get attention to a good project and make it great.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:51:17 PM

sometimes pr is important.

running farm worldwide
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 12:09:28 AM

SOMN (which the article is about) sounds really interesting.  They've done their site out to show the use cases that SOMN will be used for:

– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– drug development
– modeling

And that's just one small part of it.  They talk about deploying game servers, neural network projects.  They've certainly got their PR together.
All they have is PR. I want to come up with my own coin that will cure cancer, ED, baldness while can be used for any type of gaming. I don't know how, but that's not important. The main thing is PR  Grin

That's why you need good PR.  They've already had a pre-ICO that sold out and it looks like their ICO will sell out as well.  That's the power of good PR.

thats the power of scam coins....pre-ico and second ico Sad
def scam

- We will have a voting.

wait for full wallet!
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 12:14:31 AM

SOMN (which the article is about) sounds really interesting.  They've done their site out to show the use cases that SOMN will be used for:

– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– drug development
– modeling

And that's just one small part of it.  They talk about deploying game servers, neural network projects.  They've certainly got their PR together.
All they have is PR. I want to come up with my own coin that will cure cancer, ED, baldness while can be used for any type of gaming. I don't know how, but that's not important. The main thing is PR  Grin

That's why you need good PR.  They've already had a pre-ICO that sold out and it looks like their ICO will sell out as well.  That's the power of good PR.

def scam

- We will have a voting.

wait for full wallet!

Software Development looks like a life cycle. There is no best time. Look like to bitcoin, we are still using bitcoin with 0.X version. It is still experimantal, nobody think about that, but bitcoin is not version 1.0 yet.
Did i explain?
So we can use too lite wallet for contribute to Community. We are behind of the door, we need to reach more people..

lets start to vote for lite wallet & mainnet

signature not found.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:13:28 AM

– social statistics
– climate predictions
– bioinformatics
– drug development
– modeling

def scam

- We will have a voting.

wait for full wallet!

Software Development looks like a life cycle. There is no best time. Look like to bitcoin, we are still using bitcoin with 0.X version. It is still experimantal, nobody think about that, but bitcoin is not version 1.0 yet.
Did i explain?
So we can use too lite wallet for contribute to Community. We are behind of the door, we need to reach more people..

you have a good point.
i think we need to release the lite wallet first.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:46:55 AM

I want to come up with my own coin that will cure cancer, ED, baldness while can be used for any type of gaming.

Where can I buy?
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:52:05 AM

Proposal for poll options

- Lite wallet allowing transfers [a week of work for EK]
- MVP described by EK here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg18931600#msg18931600 [needs ETA from EK]
- Full product [undefined features, undefined time]
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:22:00 AM

I want to come up with my own coin that will cure cancer, ED, baldness while can be used for any type of gaming.

Where can I buy?
Paul, thank you for your interest on my " Miracle Coin". Since PR is all you need nowadays , I thought what's better PR than driving a Lamborghini with a sticker of my Miracle Coin on it. That's why you see my new BTC address designated just for that.  Grin

Beoga
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:54:07 AM

wait for full wallet!

Did i explain?

Right point.
Some people ask how do they buy Elastic, but now it is impossible. They buy something another coins.
But it should be more and more people involved in Elastic project.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:09:37 AM

- MVP described by EK here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg18931600#msg18931600 [needs ETA from EK]

Regarding the second option (MVP) I want to have a discussion and reach understanding and a decision if it would be a better route to keep or to lose the PoW - this is important for many reasons of course, but also has tangible implications on the time frame it will take to deliver a client (for one, without PoW it will be able to release sooner apparently).

kenboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:13:58 AM

wait for full wallet!

Did i explain?

Right point.
Some people ask how do they buy Elastic, but now it is impossible. They buy something another coins.
Yes, the last successful project is not necessarily the best in technology, but it must be in the forefront.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:16:36 AM

wait for full wallet!

Did i explain?

Right point.
Yes, the last successful project is not necessarily the best in technology, but it must be in the forefront.

For the poll you wanna make a light wallet with a week work isnt it easier to make an ethereum ERC20 token, with a swap when the mainnet comes Live.
Then you dont need to make anything beside the token.

Plus everything that was on ethereum will have some ethereum hype added for free.
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:28:47 AM

Regarding the second option (MVP) I want to have a discussion and reach understanding and a decision if it would be a better route to keep or to lose the PoW - this is important for many reasons of course, but also has tangible implications on the time frame it will take to deliver a client (for one, without PoW it will be able to release sooner apparently).

I will vote for MVP, but we need some kind of ETA. waiting for the full product for release will take too long.
as rallier mentioned above even bitcoin isn't at version 1.0 yet.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:48:32 AM

From EK's awesome updates and one of a kind Bitcoin mining video to voting on the logo and the excitement everyone felt to complete silence now . I don't understand   Huh

Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: