Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
john312

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:58:12 AM

One of the most interesting projects in crypto, but it is taking long time to develop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josegines

Activity: 813
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:38:34 PM

From EK's awesome updates and one of a kind Bitcoin mining video to voting on the logo and the excitement everyone felt to complete silence now . I don't understand   Huh

I imagine that it would have been a hard blow for EK, just when it published its video on mining Bitcoin, with which I imagine that would be very satisfied, to explode all this discussion on the need to throw something to the markets.

I suppose that EK will have to digest it and raise its proposal on this discussion.

After all, we depend on him for any decision.

I imagine he will be thinking what to do. I have no doubt that he always thinks of the best for the community.

You may also be waiting for everyone who wants to speak about it, to have as many opinions as possible.

It is not easy, some want lite wallet immediately and others want to wait.

We would also have to know if EK would support the help of other devs, he may decide to leave the project if he can not finish it alone.

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:51:55 PM

From EK's awesome updates and one of a kind Bitcoin mining video to voting on the logo and the excitement everyone felt to complete silence now . I don't understand   Huh

I imagine that it would have been a hard blow for EK, just when it published its video on mining Bitcoin, with which I imagine that would be very satisfied, to explode all this discussion on the need to throw something to the markets.

I suppose that EK will have to digest it and raise its proposal on this discussion.

After all, we depend on him for any decision.

I imagine he will be thinking what to do. I have no doubt that he always thinks of the best for the community.

You may also be waiting for everyone who wants to speak about it, to have as many opinions as possible.

It is not easy, some want lite wallet immediately and others want to wait.

We would also have to know if EK would support the help of other devs, he may decide to leave the project if he can not finish it alone.
Our dear Satoshi, EK, with all the speculations and guessworks, please shine your light on this  Smiley

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:56:27 PM

... he may decide to leave the project if he can not finish it alone.

Why do you think so...?
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:26:59 PM

From EK's awesome updates and one of a kind Bitcoin mining video to voting on the logo and the excitement everyone felt to complete silence now . I don't understand   Huh

Why do you think so...?
you can read any posts from EK and you'll see he's always been welcoming knowledgeable help. He gave such positive compliments to Coralreefer. He's NOT the type that would say either only he finishes or would leave. EK has been here over 14 months, and even with occasional inpatient people ( including me), he's been professional and continued his work. EK is NOT a quitter !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Jenny Moll

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:35:09 PM

Why do you think so...?
Because the main network has not been on the line。
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 01:52:06 PM

So we are all the same page..
BTW we will vote . I guess @unvoid is offline, If @unvoid won't make a poll today, I can on "polls.elastic.pw"

signature not found.
Redawn

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:47:19 PM

I think it is very useful to have a light client? Why?
We can use the light client to attract new people, new devs.
The way now, is that no new people can involve.
Is also better to have the ability to donate, someone who participated can than donate to certain people...
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:57:06 PM

So we are all the same page..
BTW we will vote . I guess @unvoid is offline, If @unvoid won't make a poll today, I can on "polls.elastic.pw"
do it

running farm worldwide
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 03:06:15 PM

We were on a roll, the impatience of some has pissed of the devs. Yes the alts are on the rise, but it could be a bubble. This isn't a pump and dump project. Look at Decent, all the fud they get and they won't launch until "THEY" say they're ready. So if EK states that the project is not ready for launch, we should listen. He's trying to do something unprecedented in the crypto space. Roll Eyes

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:25:00 PM

We were on a roll, the impatience of some has pissed of the devs. Yes the alts are on the rise, but it could be a bubble. This isn't a pump and dump project. Look at Decent, all the fud they get and they won't launch until "THEY" say they're ready. So if EK states that the project is not ready for launch, we should listen. He's trying to do something unprecedented in the crypto space. Roll Eyes

you have a point, but i think it's still good if people can vote.
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:26:02 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2017, 03:37:02 PM by Bgjjj2016

I thought EK agreed for a vote and even offered further help. If our devs are upset ( which I don't think they are), that only makes the astroNUTS at Golem, SONM, ..... happy. Angry

by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 03:44:35 PM

Guys dont forget this, you can do best software but if you cant do PR , it doesn't make sense, nobody use it.  
Exchanges are best PR Option for us for now.

signature not found.
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:52:18 PM

Guys dont forget this, you can do best software but if you cant do PR , it doesn't make sense, nobody use it.  
Exchanges are best PR Option for us for now.

i also agree on this.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
clivemy

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:06:35 PM

We are still on a roll.

No one is in any doubt as to the tremendous work that EK has done and will do.

The desire to launch a lite wallet is as a means of getting more devs, testers and PR people to help EK.

We need a way to incentivise these types of people to become involved and to do that, we need to offer them the opportunity to have a financial stake in the future of Elastic.

By releasing some of the XEL tokens onto the exchanges, these type of people can buy into the project and have the opportunity to be financially rewarded through watching their investment rise and through seeing funds released so the community can offer bounties and other incentives.

It is and always has been unreasonable to burden EK with all of the work that's involved with this project.

It's unreasonable to expect Coralreefer, unvoid and others that have done work on the project not to be rewarded for their efforts.

Releasing a lite wallet allows others to become financially involved and provides the funds for future development.

Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:17:19 PM

We are still on a roll.

No one is in any doubt as to the tremendous work that EK has done and will do.

The desire to launch a lite wallet is as a means of getting more devs, testers and PR people to help EK.

We need a way to incentivise these types of people to become involved and to do that, we need to offer them the opportunity to have a financial stake in the future of Elastic.

By releasing some of the XEL tokens onto the exchanges, these type of people can buy into the project and have the opportunity to be financially rewarded through watching their investment rise and through seeing funds released so the community can offer bounties and other incentives.

It is and always has been unreasonable to burden EK with all of the work that's involved with this project.

It's unreasonable to expect Coralreefer, unvoid and others that have done work on the project not to be rewarded for their efforts.

Releasing a lite wallet allows others to become financially involved and provides the funds for future development.

Well said ! This will make the dumpers dump ( the holders are not to worry ), will bring long overdue incentives to to EK and other developers and would put us on spotlight to attract more help for EK and the project overall.

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:00:56 PM

If our devs are upset ( which I don't think they are)

I can only speak for myself, but I must admit that I AM a bit upset. And I more and more get the feeling that someone professional needs to take the lead - officially and long term.

First of all, sorry that I do not "report back" every few minutes - but I have no time for fluff talk. I also do not want to feel obligated that I must report my actions after all. Of course, I would share interesting new things that I thought of and that I think might be interesting for the community. This is by the way, why I do not want to be offered any BTC anymore for finishing some arbitrary steps (like in a work contract) because I simply do not want to become anyone's bitch.

What really drives me nuts is this: A few months back the whole thing was a lot of fun, we were multiple intelligent devs (others more intelligent than I am, no doubt, but I give my best): we were sharing thoughts, implemented prototypes, tested the whole stuff and made great progress. The knowhow in Elastic is a result of many hours of many highly talented people (thanks to coralreefer, or a friend from ireland who left recently) - some of them very qualified working in very high positions. I have put so much love into this; 14 months of my life - every single day, every single weekend, saturday and sunday full time, and even burned the midnight oil frequently.

But in the last few days/weeks things are getting really uncomfortable here. I feel there is a chaos, some people spread FUD, others want to launch the mainnet "right away" rambo-style, some devs are being accused of whatever (that's the reason some already left). Me personally, I am getting regularily accused of scamming (some people still believe that we have no code), people try to find out my real name (just ask?) and threaten to dox me (yes, it's one candidate who is active here in this thread and who actually is indeed motivated to get involved to some degree).

Anyway, I still stick around but honestly - despite all my love for this project - if I hadn't any XEL (which is not that much) I would have gone away long time ago.

Also: I am not running here anything, I am not an owner of anything, I have some XEL like you guys and I want to show - with you together - how a real supercomputer has to be made. The sentiment of the "supercomputer market" confirms, that this topic is hot and worth to be pursed. But if someone needs PR, then please do some PR. I can't code 14 months daily, write documentations, do PR, run a website (which I never would), administrate a forum, answer some dickheads to their threats, report back every time, etc.

Finally: I think it would be best for Elastic if some professional "team", foundation, or whoever would take over this loose community project and give it some structure. I think it's not good when multiple people run into totally contrary directions at the same time
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:39:50 PM

EK, really sorry for your being upset. I think there's a big misunderstanding here. Maybe I'm naive, but I think most people here have good intentions. Even with the lite wallet thing, I thought that would bring some help to you by putting Elastic center stage.
But, if you see that differently, I, for one, will wait for a better solution that's accepted by you as well.

clivemy

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:01:35 PM

If our devs are upset ( which I don't think they are)

I can only speak for myself, but I must admit that I AM a bit upset. And I more and more get the feeling that someone professional needs to take the lead - officially and long term.

First of all, sorry that I do not "report back" every few minutes - but I have no time for fluff talk. I also do not want to feel obligated that I must report my actions after all. Of course, I would share interesting new things that I thought of and that I think might be interesting for the community. This is by the way, why I do not want to be offered any BTC anymore for finishing some arbitrary steps (like in a work contract) because I simply do not want to become anyone's bitch.

What really drives me nuts is this: A few months back the whole thing was a lot of fun, we were multiple intelligent devs (others more intelligent than I am, no doubt, but I give my best): we were sharing thoughts, implemented prototypes, tested the whole stuff and made great progress. The knowhow in Elastic is a result of many hours of many highly talented people (thanks to coralreefer, or a friend from ireland who left recently) - some of them very qualified working in very high positions. I have put so much love into this; 14 months of my life - every single day, every single weekend, saturday and sunday full time, and even burned the midnight oil frequently.

But in the last few days/weeks things are getting really uncomfortable here. I feel there is a chaos, some people spread FUD, others want to launch the mainnet "right away" rambo-style, some devs are being accused of whatever (that's the reason some already left). Me personally, I am getting regularily accused of scamming (some people still believe that we have no code), people try to find out my real name (just ask?) and threaten to dox me (yes, it's one candidate who is active here in this thread and who actually is indeed motivated to get involved to some degree).

Anyway, I still stick around but honestly - despite all my love for this project - if I hadn't any XEL (which is not that much) I would have gone away long time ago.

Also: I am not running here anything, I am not an owner of anything, I have some XEL like you guys and I want to show - with you together - how a real supercomputer has to be made. The sentiment of the "supercomputer market" confirms, that this topic is hot and worth to be pursed. But if someone needs PR, then please do some PR. I can't code 14 months daily, write documentations, do PR, run a website (which I never would), administrate a forum, answer some dickheads to their threats, report back every time, etc.

Finally: I think it would be best for Elastic if some professional "team", foundation, or whoever would take over this loose community project and give it some structure. I think it's not good when multiple people run into totally contrary directions at the same time

EK, I can understand your frustration at how things are going and we do need to get some professional help with the project, so that you can concentrate on the coding and not be bothered by the million other issues that arise.

This is why creating a lite wallet and releasing the XEL tokens will allow this community to get the professional help it needs for all the tasks that need doing and you can go back to being happy and coding.

@unvoid, can you reappear (pretty please) and let's get the voting set up for the lite wallet / MVP choice and get this show on the road.
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:45:11 PM

NEM was tradable as an asset on NXT for months before they actually released.

EK / Coralreefer - would it be technically possible to do something similar?

I mean you guys could issue 100M Elastic-tokens on NXT and distribute it to the donators. People could just sign their NXT addresses with btc private key they used to make the donation, so you could send corresponding amount.

At this point we would be liquid and we would *not* have to release the Elastic.

When time comes to release MVP (I don't believe there is such thing as product that has 100% of features and is bug free) you would ask all the owners of Elastic tokens to send back the tokens to the issuer. That would probably require having an address on Elastic handy, so it could be included in that transaction.

Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: