Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450426 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:13:00 PM

we can put on a vote for "mandatory" donation of some % of XEL on mainnet launch to go to the devs/foundation.

seriously, how often does that topic be discussed here? you cannot vote to take away what belongs to someone else. that would equal theft/breach of contract.

so far this project is not lacking any funds! it's lacking qualified devs that are able to bring additional value to the project. we will have to look at other projects and eventually will find someone qualified that is interesting into joining Elastic. Since Coralreefer is in need of someone qualified in networking-stuff it would be optimal to find someone strong in that field.

Let me try to answer this please.

You were totally right till Lite wallet voting, which changed everything.

First of all, till now, nobody has nothing, If tomorrow our great volunteer developers will decide to quit because they got tired, have no help etc.. you will have same nothing.

As I explained before, from legal point and also from how this was presented originally by Lennistar, there is no contract between sides, but simple, no binding donations which give no rights no the donors. This is what it is. So till you will have some amount in your wallet - you actually own nothing, there is no "breach".

Now to the more relevant part. As I see it, once some members of "community" decided by voting of majority on VERY BIG step, decide onmajor project issue and forced their decision on other members , the voting that previous was unacceptable became yet another voting, as the one before, in which owners of many XEL take decision and force it on the owners of few XEL. As you see, actually both decisions of making Lite wallet and take 10% of nothing are morally equal.

And in one point we disagree. I think that there is great work pressure on VOLUNTEER devs, and they voiced it on many occasions, while community was busy in choosing logo and Lite wallet voting. I assume here that if there are funds, they should be spent at this point on additional devs because for a long period already they ask for help if there is no funds problem I don't understand why we don't hire somebody months ago.

Last but not lease, as I have not understood the pressure to vote on Lite wallet so I don't understand the pressure NOT to vote on this donation issue. In worth case scenario, it will be YES/NO. This is kind funny, this selective voting attitude that I can assume what are the reasons but still interesting to hear other people.

Less than 3% voted against, this makes it an insignificant minority.  Your posts about how unhappy you are with the decision are getting really boring and quite frankly are cluttering up the thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

we can put on a vote for "mandatory" donation of some % of XEL on mainnet launch to go to the devs/foundation.

seriously, how often does that topic be discussed here? you cannot vote to take away what belongs to someone else. that would equal theft/breach of contract.

so far this project is not lacking any funds! it's lacking qualified devs that are able to bring additional value to the project. we will have to look at other projects and eventually will find someone qualified that is interesting into joining Elastic. Since Coralreefer is in need of someone qualified in networking-stuff it would be optimal to find someone strong in that field.

Let me try to answer this please.

You were totally right till Lite wallet voting, which changed everything.

First of all, till now, nobody has nothing, If tomorrow our great volunteer developers will decide to quit because they got tired, have no help etc.. you will have same nothing.

As I explained before, from legal point and also from how this was presented originally by Lennistar, there is no contract between sides, but simple, no binding donations which give no rights no the donors. This is what it is. So till you will have some amount in your wallet - you actually own nothing, there is no "breach".

Now to the more relevant part. As I see it, once some members of "community" decided by voting of majority on VERY BIG step, decide onmajor project issue and forced their decision on other members , the voting that previous was unacceptable became yet another voting, as the one before, in which owners of many XEL take decision and force it on the owners of few XEL. As you see, actually both decisions of making Lite wallet and take 10% of nothing are morally equal.

And in one point we disagree. I think that there is great work pressure on VOLUNTEER devs, and they voiced it on many occasions, while community was busy in choosing logo and Lite wallet voting. I assume here that if there are funds, they should be spent at this point on additional devs because for a long period already they ask for help if there is no funds problem I don't understand why we don't hire somebody months ago.

Last but not lease, as I have not understood the pressure to vote on Lite wallet so I don't understand the pressure NOT to vote on this donation issue. In worth case scenario, it will be YES/NO. This is kind funny, this selective voting attitude that I can assume what are the reasons but still interesting to hear other people.

Less than 3% voted against, this makes it an insignificant minority.  Your posts about how unhappy you are with the decision are getting really boring and quite frankly are cluttering up the thread.

My posts about something totally different  but I guess you see what you want to see, but indeed it's became pointless and only "cluttering up the thread" .
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:33:32 PM

https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/preparation-to-litewallet-mainnet/227

Litewallet voting ended.

For: 97.46% of voters
Against: 2.54% voters

To all those who voted against, you have to admit that if 97.46% of all interested in voting are in favour of litewallet you should accept that.

I'm also surprised that voting for litewallet attracted another 18M of XEL holders (as far as I remember after last logo voting there was 32M of active coins. Now it's 47M). But of course 35.5M coins voted in litewallet case.

Here is my plan for what comes next.

Since @EK is quite sick of all this "money/coin value" things and he don't want to launch litewallet directly I'll take care of all things needed to launch. At first I'll only setup 10 nodes (in Europe and N/S America). Most of them will be just relay nodes but some will be forging. I hope that other community nodes will take care of forging with short amount of time. I'll monitor them and try to catch every suspicious thing that could lead to some bug. One of the nodes will be public available (SSL) as wallet to all of people that don't want to or don't know how to install wallet locally.

Things I need from @EK now:
Sign that litewallet is "mannetable" and I can prepare first, small infrastructure for launch (and eventually launch).
Closer relations ( not in emotional way Wink ). I would be glad to have some fast way of communicating with you @EK in case something will pop up especially first days/weeks of litewallet living (do you use some kind of communicator on daily basis? I promise that I'll attack only if I'll need to). I know that you are not pro slack and you admire your style of working in quite but we (I) need you more closer than one message per day on BCT. We tested coin side of XEL for months but we never know.
Workflow: GIT Dev branches (so people will not download version incompatible with current network), new release changelog (don't be so quiet @EK, especially after new release. People want to thank you for new release, just let them with new thread on the forum describing in short any features and bug fixes). Last but not least clear info about hard forks - on which height will happen (how much time we have to upgrade) so we can safely contact with exchanges.

That's it. Short and simple.

For all people that want to trade soon after mainnet/litewallet launch: Please wait one week (after launch) just to be sure that we have strong, reliable coin.

@community Any adjustment/corrections/suggestions are welcome.
@EK waiting for your plan.

Unvoid, thank you for your hard work !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:37:03 PM

Litewallet voting ended.

To all those who voted against, you have to admit that if 97.46% of all interested in voting are in favour of litewallet you should accept that.

I'm also surprised that voting for litewallet attracted another 18M of XEL holders (as far as I remember after last logo voting there was 32M of active coins. Now it's 47M). But of course 35.5M coins voted in litewallet case.

Since @EK is quite sick of all this "money/coin value" things and he don't want to launch litewallet directly I'll take care of all things needed to launch. At first I'll only setup 10 nodes (in Europe and N/S America). Most of them will be just relay nodes but some will be forging. I hope that other community nodes will take care of forging with short amount of time. I'll monitor them and try to catch every suspicious thing that could lead to some bug. One of the nodes will be public available (SSL) as wallet to all of people that don't want to or don't know how to install wallet locally.

Sign that litewallet is "mannetable" and I can prepare first, small infrastructure for launch (and eventually launch).
Closer relations ( not in emotional way Wink ). I would be glad to have some fast way of communicating with you @EK in case something will pop up especially first days/weeks of litewallet living (do you use some kind of communicator on daily basis? I promise that I'll attack only if I'll need to). I know that you are not pro slack and you admire your style of working in quite but we (I) need you more closer than one message per day on BCT. We tested coin side of XEL for months but we never know.
Workflow: GIT Dev branches (so people will not download version incompatible with current network), new release changelog (don't be so quiet @EK, especially after new release. People want to thank you for new release, just let them with new thread on the forum describing in short any features and bug fixes). Last but not least clear info about hard forks - on which height will happen (how much time we have to upgrade) so we can safely contact with exchanges.

For all people that want to trade soon after mainnet/litewallet launch: Please wait one week (after launch) just to be sure that we have strong, reliable coin.

Great job regardless of vote result Smiley
Thank you
Redawn

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:04:35 PM

Litewallet voting ended.

Thank you!!! for making a clear message here. You are one of those epic heroes.
The ones who are real believing in this project, are those who are not driving by money.
It is clear that a supercomputer on demand and acceptable for everyone is a success (it doesn't matter where you life).

@EK you are right that you gone sick because all the money/coin discussion. If someone really only interesting in pump/dump scenarios please go invest in something else.
BUT, I hope EK can help Unvoid to finish a litewallet. The litewallet is great because it gives people the ability to donate and attract other great people.

@Unvoid again! Great!!

clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:20:50 PM

Litewallet voting ended.

Great work unvoid.  :-)
Tradingriver

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:47:01 PM

Litewallet voting ended.

Great work unvoid.  :-)

I want to thank you 2!

I and the others are only talking you are acting. This is much worth than anything. My English is limited and technical I am not good as well, but If you need help, I will do what I can.

I am planning to use 5% of my funds for the early devs and for the coming devs. How and when I will allocate I would prefer to decide myself.

In NXT a multisig is possible is this also possible on XEL?
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:37:20 PM

Congrats everyone! Litewallet is a good decision at this point.

Thanks again EK, Unvoid, and the others taking on big tasks behind this project.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 07:46:46 PM

Congrats everyone. Let's get this wallet thing done and weed out all of those that want to dump their shares. I am definitely not in favor of a "forced" donation. Is this a "Communist State" project ?? I love the tech this project is bringing. I have people sending me messages to sell my shares OTC. Not happening. No interest. Maybe in 3-5 years. Good luck to all.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:02:22 PM

Ok, very hypothetically, this might be an idea:

What if people made an ICO to fund a foundation? Only XEL and BTC would be accepted, with XEL getting better quotes. A token would be issued. I'm not entirely sure, what this token would represent, though. Maybe simply voting rights? Would that be enough? I'm just brainstorming here. Ideally, this would end the "forced donation" issue, as well. It can't be a token which interacts with the Elastic network on a technical level, though, that would defeat it's purpose.

With Elastic being open source, anybody could do it. Why not? The good thing would be, that Elastic as a tool would pretty much stay independent.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:30:49 PM

It will take me until Sunday to get a clean "suggestion" for a light version done. I write suggestion because I am not interested in launching anything. Why will it take 5 days? I would want to go through every function once again and make sure that everything is implemented correctly and does what it's expected to do.

What I personally would never implement (not even in some highly experimental branch) is a forced donation. My rule is: I will never adjust anything in the genesis block, I just take it as it came from the community as I have no right to adapt anything there whatsoever.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:44:17 PM

What I personally would never implement (not even in some highly experimental branch) is a forced donation. My rule is: I will never adjust anything in the genesis block, I just take it as it came from the community as I have no right to adapt anything there whatsoever.

yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:49:38 PM

It will take me until Sunday to get a clean "suggestion" for a light version done. I write suggestion because I am not interested in launching anything. Why will it take 5 days? I would want to go through every function once again and make sure that everything is implemented correctly and does what it's expected to do.

Thank you for clarifying your position. For me it was very important to hear this from you.
yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:51:59 PM

I must take it from you  Cheesy
HomoHenning

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:12:43 PM

these  people cant get rid of this evil mindset which they learned their whole life.

"mandatory" donation, what a contradiction!

I think it's a nobrainer that there will be a donation opportunity after mainnet launch for anybody who want
devking

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:20:44 PM

No forced donation. We should create a new talk thread for people who are voluntarily willing to donate some % of their coins to fund address. Its not mandatory to donate but their choice. We need to create a new voting for foundation with 5 or more people initially.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:24:31 PM

No forced donation. We should create a new talk thread for people who are voluntarily willing to donate some % of their coins to fund address. Its not mandatory to donate but their choice. We need to create a new voting for foundation with 5 or more people initially.

This would be the second step, I guess.
First step would be to elect someone trustworthy who manages these donations, ideally some foundation or something. Unfortunately we lack a multisig feature at the moment.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:44:58 PM

This would be the second step, I guess.
First step would be to elect someone trustworthy who manages these donations, ideally some foundation or something. Unfortunately we lack a multisig feature at the moment.

EK i highly respect your perspective and share you view. Would it be possible to implement a multisig function for the wallet and will this cause a substantial delay and complication in implementation?
dumpida

Activity: 722

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:40:31 AM

Let's run the token on the exchange, people will go to buy, the number of investors will increase, and there those who wish donation

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Tradingriver

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:30:49 AM

multisig would be nice but not needed at the start.

we can setup some kind of funding site. Anyone can post what they want to do, or what they did and post their donation address. After receiving funds, they can decide if they want
to continue to contribute their time and effort for the community. This will get anyone the opportunity to do something and we could keep our headless structure for now.
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: