Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:16:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon ASIC] Batch #2 pre-Sale Thread  (Read 107608 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 02:04:31 AM

Has anyone *not* gotten confirmation of purchase from Avalon yet? Please tell me I'm not alone here.

I was with you until last week. I just asked support from walletbit last week and then I got the confirmation from walletbit after 1 day or 2.

Got confirmation from WalletBit - but not from Avalon. You?

Avalon is quiet, nothing from them.

Ah, well then. Always nice to have company Smiley

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:55:53 AM

Ditto.  Not a peep from Avalon, but walletbit did confirm my order.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:07:09 AM

Confirmation received from WalletBit. Nothing from Avalon.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:09:39 AM

Same. WalletBit confirmed order (several times, in fact). Nothing from Avalon, however.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:54:15 AM

hiring a girl who can write Englsih and can do customer service costs like $1,000~1,200 per month. Avalon should hire such a girl.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 06:04:39 AM

hiring a girl who can write Englsih and can do customer service costs like $1,000~1,200 per month. Avalon should hire such a girl.

I'd be happy with something in Chinese. Anyway, I'd have thought an invoice would be automated?

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:58:21 AM

I'd be happy with something in Chinese. Anyway, I'd have thought an invoice would be automated?

When you mess up with the automation you can't automagically fix it.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:59:13 AM

I got my Avalon 2 as "processing" I can actually change the addy and phone number, ect. Fun stuff.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:45:24 AM

SameO SameO. No email confirmation only a walletbit receipt. Ordered on Feb 3rd

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:41:07 PM

Has anyone *not* gotten confirmation of purchase from Avalon yet? Please tell me I'm not alone here.

I was with you until last week. I just asked support from walletbit last week and then I got the confirmation from walletbit after 1 day or 2.

OoC, I have confirmation from WalletBit for all my Avalon orders, but my orders are not showing correctly on the Avalon site.
I have emailed,pm'd BitSyncom, yifu's gmail, created support tickets.

No answer.
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:18:33 AM

Customers should be able to see that girl live via webcam while asking questions like "where is my order?Are you mining with it?"

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 03:39:52 AM

OoC, I have confirmation from WalletBit for all my Avalon orders, but my orders are not showing correctly on the Avalon site.

No answer.

Looks like a good few of us are in the same boat, so I'm fairly confident Avalon will get it sorted. If it was just one or two of us I'd be worried.

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:07:23 AM

No answer.

Looks like a good few of us are in the same boat, so I'm fairly confident Avalon will get it sorted. If it was just one or two of us I'd be worried.

no, it looks like all the Early Batch#2 orders (feb2-3) have no order information in the Avalon site. Its only that the later batch#2 that have it

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:29:39 AM

They still have to ship dozens of batch one orders let alone get 2 orders straightened out...
Kuma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:26:19 AM

Yep there are still some missing batch #1 orders according to the forums, I hope it will be sorted out before batch #2 starts shipping.
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:41:04 PM

Batch two is now scheduled for Saturday, Feb 2nd, 2013... Good luck.

The spec is 6.6 ~ 6.7w per Gh/s. Speed is greater than 60Gh/s, batch size is 600, each unit is $1,500, payment gateway is provided by WalletBit, units will ship starting March 6th to April 5th, 2013.

Keep an eye on http://launch.avalon-asics.com as new information will be released on it every day until review happens.

The following is the no bullshit, no fine print terms of sales for Avalon batch #2.

• Bitcoin Only - Batch #2 of Avalon will only accept bitcoins. Only Bitcoin will allow us to move half a million USD in a few hours into places they are suppose to go to. This will also allow us to automate the order system. I am aware some EU and SA country will have importing issues due to customs, but I see a possibility for re-sellers to grow and take care of this problem.
  • No Refunds - Avalon has always been a BTO - Build to Order unit, we order materials and parts based on the size of each batch, this allows proper financial management, eliminate back-orders and improve overall efficiency and workflow on how we work. How else did you expect us to produce a functional ASIC unit in the same length of time a competitor has been delayed?
  • No Proof - Jeff and/or Bitcoin Foundation will get their unit and release reviews. Let me remind everyone what I've said month(s) ago, we can not stop people from tinkering and releasing information regarding our product, but we seldom will release any information. We will instead focusing more on killer features, some of which is already hidden in our unit. In this highly cutthroat competitive field, we do what we can to survive.
  • Trade-ins - The original trade-in program mentioned will be honored here, $299 for Iracus, $399 for Lancelot.

I applaud every potential customer to think over this carefully, and make the decision seem right to you, and only you. Although I must say: life isn't about "making sure" but rather "enduring the uncertainty".

p.s.
You know Inaba, after all this I think I may have understand your mentality: that moment when people assault on what you believe to be the truth with assumptions and generalizations that has really no merit to the situation at hand.

It is hard not to get mad.

However, I must warn you, don't place trust in the wrong people and what they tell you; for when that moment comes you won't able to meet the advertised specifications, at no real fault of you own besides ignorance since you really believed BFL. Be ready to take the spear to the chest as you were their spoke person. I wish you the best of luck and hope BFL can ship on time for when that time comes this forum can go back into the ol' days of competitive spirit of reducing power consumption and increasing hashrate of each others product.

Yifu, you're slowly catching up with BFL. Are you competing with them by trying to see how late you can be? Wink That's the wrong competition!
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:54:45 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 07:09:34 AM by eckmar

Hello candoo,

Customers should be able to see that girl live via webcam while asking questions like "where is my order?Are you mining with it?"

Like usual your comments here in the forums are disgusting and show that you do not have any idea about how difficult it is to build (& ship world wide) such complex hardware.

You assume always very bad things about people without any prove and shout this out in every forum!

Could you please STOP this?

Your negative attitude about all and everything is making me mad.  Angry

If you have any VALID & PROVEN information we are all ready to hear about it and appreciate your comments about it, but please talk about something you KNOW!
If you like to BELIEVE, please go to the church!

I am still waiting for 3 Avalons of the 2nd batch, my basket in the shop is still empty and no confirmation of my 3 Icarus boards I send back to the address in China for trade-in several weeks ago.

But I will not blame them for that, even it took me over 4 hours to input my order for the 2nd batch because of overload of the web shop a few months back.

Because I know and can read that there are enough people like you... always blaming and assuming the worst...  Embarrassed

Just one sentence to you and all the people like you:

If you can do better than the Avalon team, please do it!

The Avalon team did a great job to bring the first ASIC miner for sale to the market!
The Avalon team is doing a great job by really selling highend ASIC hardware to the worldwide market in high volume!
They are not perfect (yet), but again, if you can do better... read the sentence 3 lines above again!

With sunny regards from holiday island Koh Samui (Thailand),
 Ecki

P.S.: To the Avalon team: Could you please have a look at my support ticket number #253 (http://support.avalon-asic.com/support/tickets/253)? It is at status "Being Processed" since 157 days and 13 hours now... still no reply at all sofar... this is e.g. one area where there is room for improvement...  Grin
Tinua

Activity: 871

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 08:17:33 AM

Hello candoo,

Like usual your comments here in the forums are disgusting and show that you do not have any idea about how difficult it is to build (& ship world wide) such complex hardware.

You assume always very bad things about people without any prove and shout this out in every forum!

Could you please STOP this?

Your negative attitude about all and everything is making me mad.  Angry

If you have any VALID & PROVEN information we are all ready to hear about it and appreciate your comments about it, but please talk about something you KNOW!
If you like to BELIEVE, please go to the church!

I am still waiting for 3 Avalons of the 2nd batch, my basket in the shop is still empty and no confirmation of my 3 Icarus boards I send back to the address in China for trade-in several weeks ago.

Because Candoo....
I set him a long time ago to "ignore" list.
He talks only nonsense, or looks in each thread for people he can rip off.

P.S.: To the Avalon team: Could you please have a look at my support ticket number #253 (http://support.avalon-asic.com/support/tickets/253)? It is at status "Being Processed" since 157 days and 13 hours now... still no reply at all sofar... this is e.g. one area where there is room for improvement...  Grin

I believe, I read somewhere, that tickets made before June must be made new!

Regards
Tinu
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:43:26 AM

Hello Tinua,

Because Candoo....
I set him a long time ago to "ignore" list.
He talks only nonsense, or looks in each thread for people he can rip off.

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, it looks like that I have to put him on my ignore list too soon.
His advice that I should NOT call my company Ecki Co LTD LTD was really stupid and if it would not be so serious I would laugh about it for a long time...  Undecided

I believe, I read somewhere, that tickets made before June must be made new!
Well I updated my help-desk ticket yesterday, I wrote a PM here at bitcointalk.org to Yifu yesterday and I wrote today an external Email to ngzhang (who was my first contact in the Avalon team) with all the facts.

I hope to receive a response from somebody of the Avalon team during next week... I will see... I am still patient, because I know how things can get delayed very easily... even for a long time like several weeks or even months... I discover this very often myself with new improvements in my own pool-server (as you very probably know)... Grin

With sunny regards from the holiday island Koh Samui,
 Ecki
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56]
  Print  

Jump to: