Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: lets convince mars-one to accept bitcoins  (Read 1419 times)
Bombolo (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:00:46 PM

http://mars-one.com

I wanted to donate but they don't accept bitcoins!
How is that possible, arent they supposed to embrace great new technology?
Of course i wrote them, that i would like to donate if they accept bitcoins!

Please do the same! Spread the word!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:06:12 PM

Hi. I know someone should contact you regarding using Bitpay payment solution to process your transactions.

I think you should know that Bitpay now being in center of growing scandal of $25M scam with their friends BF Labs Inc and futher SEC investigation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133487.40

Best regards,

Dear XXX,

Thank you for the suggestion!

At this moment however we are not yet considering Bitcoin as a donation method. We think it could be a great way to donate, but also know that a correct and safe implementation would take some time. Also before considering this, we would need to learn some more about the possible (even minor) disadvantages and investigate what the negative effects of these could be.
But we will gladly keep it in mind and we will look into it in the future to see if there are any possibilities.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

Best regards,

Team Mars One
www.mars-one.com
Bombolo (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:41:06 PM

Undecided
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 02:53:04 AM

FFS

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 03:21:14 AM

http://mars-one.com

I wanted to donate but they don't accept bitcoins!
How is that possible, arent they supposed to embrace great new technology?
Of course i wrote them, that i would like to donate if they accept bitcoins!

Please do the same! Spread the word!

Email them again, and this time tell them there's a $1,000 USD for them if they simply put the Bitcoin Donation Button onto their website. Further tell them there are no fees for converting BTC to their local currentcy.

All provided by Bitcoin 100.

~Bruno K~
Phos

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 04:37:14 AM

I sent them an email a while back, they asked what bit coins were and how they worked.
They told me they would look into it.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 05:11:47 AM

Hi. I know someone should contact you regarding using Bitpay payment solution to process your transactions.

I think you should know that Bitpay now being in center of growing scandal of $25M scam with their friends BF Labs Inc and futher SEC investigation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133487.40

Best regards,

Dear XXX,

Thank you for the suggestion!

At this moment however we are not yet considering Bitcoin as a donation method. We think it could be a great way to donate, but also know that a correct and safe implementation would take some time. Also before considering this, we would need to learn some more about the possible (even minor) disadvantages and investigate what the negative effects of these could be.
But we will gladly keep it in mind and we will look into it in the future to see if there are any possibilities.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

Best regards,

Team Mars One
www.mars-one.com

did i miss it? is this is official word?

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:27:16 AM

Uh - mars-one is nothing but a media campaign, aiming to make interest for a reality show that's going to air later on.

It is not a legit operation. I don't think we want bitcoin associated with this.

Those who need further proof, please investigate, I've seen it debunked already, I'm sure some could even provide a link.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 09:36:04 AM

While I thought this was a fantastic idea before, it's made me think, why would someone spend that much money and use up that many resources for a settlement on a planet which would use up even more resources and money over time than the trip to get there. The most logical plan would be to get humans somewhere where there's already atmosphere and free oxygen etc. so that living there would be a lot more comfortable for them and we already have a planet found that's possibly like that. Sure the trip would be longer and more expensive, but in the end it will be a lot easier to get things set up as long as we don't discover it's got a poisonous ground or anything like that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/apr/25/starsgalaxiesandplanets.spaceexploration

Granted, they've already stated it's a non-profit organisation because they clearly won't make any money doing a mars mission but still, when you look at it some of it just doesn't make much sense, I like the idea of claiming asteroids a lot better because that would at least benefit everyone in some way with the amount of materials involved.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:52:32 AM

While I thought this was a fantastic idea before, it's made me think, why would someone spend that much money and use up that many resources for a settlement on a planet which would use up even more resources and money over time than the trip to get there. The most logical plan would be to get humans somewhere where there's already atmosphere and free oxygen etc. so that living there would be a lot more comfortable for them and we already have a planet found that's possibly like that. Sure the trip would be longer and more expensive, but in the end it will be a lot easier to get things set up as long as we don't discover it's got a poisonous ground or anything like that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/apr/25/starsgalaxiesandplanets.spaceexploration

Granted, they've already stated it's a non-profit organisation because they clearly won't make any money doing a mars mission but still, when you look at it some of it just doesn't make much sense, I like the idea of claiming asteroids a lot better because that would at least benefit everyone in some way with the amount of materials involved.
It didn't mention oxygen at all.  An  oxygenic atmosphere is  inherently unstable and requires life form to maintain.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 09:55:18 AM

half the temperature of our own sun, making conditions on the planet comfortable for life, with average ground temperatures estimated at 0 to 40C. Researchers claim the planet is likely to have an atmosphere.

>_<

You misread my post as well.

The most logical plan would be to get humans somewhere where there's already atmosphere and free oxygen etc.
Bombolo (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:58:18 AM

Uh - mars-one is nothing but a media campaign, aiming to make interest for a reality show that's going to air later on.

It is not a legit operation. I don't think we want bitcoin associated with this.

Those who need further proof, please investigate, I've seen it debunked already, I'm sure some could even provide a link.

proof plz!

but hey, even if it's a media campaign, it increases public awareness for space missions and that's a good thing.

I don't think that mars is the next logical step either.
It would be much more sensible to go to the moon first for various reasons:

- you can return if SHTF but mars is a one way trip
- a moon base can act as fuel depot for further space missions
- mined resources can be transported back to earth orbit with very low running costs, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_driver
- Helium 3
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:27:53 PM

Stop harassing every single organizations about bitcoin.   I'm pretty sure it's totally counter-productive.

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:32:05 PM

did i miss it? is this is official word?

No, you should have lucif on your ignore list, the guy is extremely stupid and seems to think that BitPay should make its merchants become PCI compliant for no reason at all (it would have no security benefit). He seems to dislike BitPay for various reasons, all of which are invalid.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 05:34:26 PM

Stop harassing every single organizations about bitcoin.   I'm pretty sure it's totally counter-productive.

It is pretty dumb but they don't listen to me lol Tongue
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:34:38 PM

+1

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 05:43:06 PM

proof plz!

but hey, even if it's a media campaign, it increases public awareness for space missions and that's a good thing.

I don't think that mars is the next logical step either.
It would be much more sensible to go to the moon first for various reasons:

- you can return if SHTF but mars is a one way trip
- a moon base can act as fuel depot for further space missions
- mined resources can be transported back to earth orbit with very low running costs, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_driver
- Helium 3

<see bold> ...and thus would bring further awareness to Bitcoin if attached to the program. Bas Lansdorp may even eventually announce Bitcoin as the official money on Mars, since the astronauts are not returning to Earth. They'll need something of value to play poker correctly between the performing of various daily tasks.

If I remember correctly, there was a mega-thread on this very subject, possibly sans the mention of Mars One.
theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:40:44 PM

http://mars-one.com/en/mars-one-news/announcements/11-news/390-mars-one-accept-bit-coins-donations

And they're now accepting bitcoins.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:53:48 PM

Don't they have a public bitcoin address so we can see how much they received?

Also, there is an other project, with quite a different approach:

http://www.marsinitiative.org

It's much more like a prize for whoever goes to mars first.   So it's not really in competition with mars one.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 06:01:38 PM

Don't they have a public bitcoin address so we can see how much they received?

Also, there is an other project, with quite a different approach:

http://www.marsinitiative.org

It's much more like a prize for whoever goes to mars first.   So it's not really in competition with mars one.

Take a moment to look at this page: https://cloudportals.com/TheMarsInitiative/Bank-Statements.aspx?Mobile=0

On their Who Are We page: http://www.marsinitiative.org/node/77 (note to self (seriously): the word node in the URL--I like that)

9. Keeping focus on building TMI’s two greatest strengths: Our Volunteers and Our Single Bank Account

Here's a unique opportunity to show Earthlings the world the power of Bitcoin. What if they had two bank accounts? One, a conventional bank where the money inflates without incurring any interest to speak of, and another, where the money has the potential to increase in value--deflates, so to speak.

Now that would be a tremendous marketing tool for all concerns. I'm sure they'll go for it, for one, it's free money, and another, Mars One is accepting Bitcoin. But this time they would receive $1,000 USD worth of BTC from Bitcoin 100. Ideally, I would love them to have a vanity address, but that's not a deal breaker (1toMars...).

Take a look at this page: http://www.marsinitiative.org/content/sponsors

I would love to see BitPay's name there, with Memory Dealers as my second choice. Given the dollar amount they've collected to date, it's probably safe to assume that the entry level for inclusion is not that great. If the two entities don't object, I would request TMI to include both of them as terms for accepting the $1K USD donation.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: