Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:42:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to USD, what's the most painless way of doing it?  (Read 670 times)
coastermonger (OP)

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:35:51 AM

I'm currently playing around with a double digit investment over at MtGox,

When the time comes to withdraw it back to the bank, I'm unaware of which method seems to be the most hassle and fee free.  I'm told bank transfers can take some time and simply charge too much. I'm also a little wary of dealing with unreputable 3rd party companies though, what do you guys use to turn your BTC into USD?

-Much appreciated  Smiley

Bitrated user: Rees.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sephtin

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:45:20 AM

Very interested in this topic, I'll be watching...
To contribute, I've read that Dwolla transactions are cheap (.25c per, I believe).  Hoping others will provide feedback as well.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:48:37 AM

I use TangibleCryptography's service at https://fastcash4bitcoins.com/, it's the best and easiest service around.

rickylford

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 12:50:57 AM

So far one of the easiest ways I've noticed is by using coinbase. They link up directly with your bank account and I believe when you use their sell feature, it goes through pretty quickly. So with your trade at mtgox, just transfer the bitcoins from your wallet there over to your wallet at Coinbase, and then cash it out to your bank account.

I'm still a newbie over at Coinbase, and haven't done any real-world trading yet, but from what I can tell, this seems to be an easy way of doing it. If someone sees a flaw in what I'm explaining, please tell me!
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:54:21 AM

ACH withdrawals from BitFloor to my checking account at a US bank work best for me.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 01:53:02 AM

MtGox --> Dwolla --> Bank
Pretty easy but you need to confirm your Dwolla account with MtGox which will take a day or two.  Dwolla charges a 25 cent fee.

MtGox --> Coinbase --> Bank
Also easy.

FastCash4Bitcoins will exchange your coins at a lower value than you'll get on MtGox or Coinbase but you could also use them.

And of course if you have a local buyer who will give you cash, that's probably the quickest. :p
herbalist420

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:37:50 PM

xcezzz

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:39:09 PM

I use localbitcoins.com

Always good to meet up with someone in person and get straight cash right away... I live in the tampa bay area and there's one solid guy who buys em at current mtgox price minus a percentage depending on amount
maksm

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:09:09 PM

Has anyone thought of a way to exchange BTC onto an prepaid debit card like https://www.moneybookers.com/ads/mastercard/ (just an example, i know there are others)?
applejack7

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:21:45 PM

OkPay is pretty cheap. I would use them.
ppeetteerr

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:33:30 PM

I think the best way for you, is to buy something with BTC... and forget about $. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

or.. hire someone to build you something (website, game, whatever) and pay them with BTC than make $ that way ...

not optimal but it will fell so gooood  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: