Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 09:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple questions about Ethereum nobody can answer !!!  (Read 2917 times)
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:41:27 PM

nobody seems to be able to give any straight answers when it comes to ether. I ask about the total coins some say 90m others say unlimited. I ask blockchain size and some say 5 GB others say 10GB. I am staying far away from this coin because i get the feeling that after the hype has down a lot of people are going to get burned. This is going to be worse then paycoin and auruacoin combined.

Its true that bitcoin may not have cutting edge tech, but at least it has been around 7 years and can be trusted to still be there tomorrow.

Everybody knows and everybody can tell you that Ethereum has no hard cap. There is no maximum number of ETH. Developers stated from the first day that ETH is NOT a coin, it's "fuel".

It was designed to power smart contracts, not to be used as a currency. It was designed as "fuel" to exactly prevent what just happened. Huge price increase. If the price of ETH goes up very fast, smart contracts will become more and more expensive to run.

A high ETH price could be a huge problem for the whole ecosystem because even simple contracts will use a lot of $$$.

That's why the team decided to make ETH an inflationary currency.

What you see on exchanges are people buying "fuel" hoping that will do exactly what's not supposed to do : GO UP FAST !!!. Smiley

Really?? Because in my experience whenever a question about ether is asked a different answer is always given. How do they expect people to invest in this if they cannot provide simple hard facts such as block timing, block size, algo, blockchain size, coinbase reward etc.I mean this coin launched without a GUI, how is this acceptable is 2016?? Heck bitcoin launched with GUI and as far as we know nobody paid satoshi to create bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: