Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:51:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All new nodes are virtual server ... attack in progress to switch to 2Mb  (Read 2900 times)
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:04:49 PM

Attack? I don't see it as an attack. Stop spreading unfounded panic
OP isn't doing that. This is the very definition of a Sybil attack. Maybe it would be best to get more information about it.

mehh, come on now, nobody is falling for anything.

its just couple dozen loud wackos.
Correct. According to the analysis on medium.com there is less than 300 people behind the nodes.

Which is 100 times more decentralized than 3 with Blockstream collaborating people in a totalitarian country.

ok i cant see clear your point now  Grin I think the best playground for you will be /r/btc Tongue

Of course, I prefer the libertarian forums. Only core cheerleaders prefer the totalitarian ones.

how can you keep all this pieces together? You are now in a core control forum that is more libertarian than the Classic control /r/btc/ that is completely trolland... Tongue

You seem to be someone for the forums run by the owner of r/northkorea (aka r/bitcoin) and bitcointalk.org

In this "northkorea" forum you have much more freedom from Classic forum to say whatever you like. How you explain this if in your theory all core works for blockstream and alltogether want to corrupt bitcoin freedom?

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:13:34 PM

Dumb question: Is the count of these Classic nodes sufficient to successfully execute a Sybil attack? If not, what does that tell us?

It seems to me that if someone with deep pockets wanted to execute a Sybil attack, they'd want to be reasonably sure they would succeed, right? Doesn't that mean they would need a majority of nodes under their control?

I'm just struggling to understand what the point is, of having hundreds of nodes under their control, but not a majority. I don't want to say "false flag attack" without understanding the situation much better, but don't want to rule anything out prematurely either.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Attack? I don't see it as an attack. Stop spreading unfounded panic
OP isn't doing that. This is the very definition of a Sybil attack. Maybe it would be best to get more information about it.

mehh, come on now, nobody is falling for anything.

its just couple dozen loud wackos.
Correct. According to the analysis on medium.com there is less than 300 people behind the nodes.

Which is 100 times more decentralized than 3 with Blockstream collaborating people in a totalitarian country.

ok i cant see clear your point now  Grin I think the best playground for you will be /r/btc Tongue

Of course, I prefer the libertarian forums. Only core cheerleaders prefer the totalitarian ones.

how can you keep all this pieces together? You are now in a core control forum that is more libertarian than the Classic control /r/btc/ that is completely trolland... Tongue

You seem to be someone for the forums run by the owner of r/northkorea (aka r/bitcoin) and bitcointalk.org

In this "northkorea" forum you have much more freedom from Classic forum to say whatever you like.

Yes, in that forum you have freedom from free speach. Hundreds of free speakers are banned there, and it's the preferred reddit playground of the blockstream/core society.
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:25:37 PM

and why then dont ban you? Our north korea leader left you as a great example of freedom? Men you must grow up.. There is no evil among us. You must look somewhere else to see where is the enemy. And the enemy come out of bitcoin community and is the traditional financial system that bitcoin break it 100 years  rules.
They will do whatever they can to block and destroy bitcoin.

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:38:50 PM

and why then dont ban you? Our north korea leader left you as a great example of freedom? Men you must grow up.. There is no evil among us. You must look somewhere else to see where is the enemy. And the enemy come out of bitcoin community and is the traditional financial system that bitcoin break it 100 years  rules.
They will do whatever they can to block and destroy bitcoin.

LOL. Do you really think that I am not banned there?
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:40:34 PM

i talked about here..

Meuh6879 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 10:56:34 PM

Why is this an attack? It is not.

because they don't host the whole blockchain.
only 10Gb ...  Sad
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:49:03 AM

only 10Gb ...  Sad

and now you understand that blockstreams code (the pruning) is actually more dangerous because they tell people its ok to not be a proper full node and instead enable prune mode.

i love how core code gets attacked if someone uses it but if core do the exact same thing no one bats an eye

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 01:32:50 AM

Dumb question: Is the count of these Classic nodes sufficient to successfully execute a Sybil attack?

Attack on the network itself - no, bitcoin clients (at least core) tends to grab peers from a wide range of different subnets to help mitigate Sybil.

Attack on sites that count nodes and declare a certain version is gaining acceptance - yes.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:02:33 AM

This is the democracy you chose, the person with the most tech online wins

Don't know why people are fighting a much-needed upgrade to the bit coin network

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:16:39 AM

This is the democracy you chose, the person with the most tech online wins

Don't know why people are fighting a much-needed upgrade to the bit coin network

Roll Eyes

Username relevant.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 04:28:45 AM

only 10Gb ...  Sad
Correct. It seems like a lot of people have missed this point. 25% of those nodes are full nodes, the remaining 75% are pruned nodes. However, you can really say that it is an attack just because the number of pruned nodes is higher.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:09:47 AM

only 10Gb ...  Sad
Correct. It seems like a lot of people have missed this point. 25% of those nodes are full nodes, the remaining 75% are pruned nodes. However, you can really say that it is an attack just because the number of pruned nodes is higher.

Quote from: Gmax
At the end of the day signatures are transmitted at most once to a node and can be pruned.
18xk5oT2rLrAc24SL96XT14BX

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:37:13 PM

Official Classic Team

Development
        Gavin Andresen
        Jeff Garzik
        Pedro Pinheiro
        Tom Zander
        Jon Rumion
    Mining
        Marshall Long
    Facilitator
        Olivier Janssens
    External advisors
        Jonathan Toomim
        Peter Rizun

https://coin.dance/nodes

http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/a/img921/8533/aXHsQK.png

http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/a/img911/9066/oaDOZi.gif Shit hit the fan ! http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/a/img907/205/fjG70T.gif

i bet rich classic supporters/fanboys is the one who run thousand nodes.
Maybe i should run a full node in VPS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: