Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Web Developer  (Read 851 times)
thc42o (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 04:30:37 AM

Hey everyone! Glad to be here.

I came here because over the past year I've wanted to develop a great bitcoin mining website. I have the server with the hardware and speed needed and I am pretty darn good if I should say so myself at web development.

I hope there are people here who would like to join in with me on a project like this. I would need php/mysql people and anyone who can invest time or btc in a project like this. I have a goal of creating not just a website everyone will want to use to mine but a new generation type seeing all these new cards are coming out that are going to raise the difficulty a lot and change mining quite a bit in my opinion.

I would love to hear from anyone who has the same dream as me to create a mining pool website! I might be new to this site but I've been on bitcoins since 2009 and developing websites since 1997.

Please send me a pm here or email me at stickz42o  - @ ` gmail

::hugs for everyone::
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thc42o (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 04:40:46 AM

I came here because over the past year I've wanted to develop a great bitcoin mining website.

Don't choose that pool mining isn't worth anything, choose a new venture...

really? i figured it would  be fun with the new ASIC coming out and the fact that the house gets a cut every block would have it pay for itself. do you care to elaborate more on what you mean by your statement? Smiley
LibertyBit

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 04:58:28 AM

Not sure I'm interested in the mining aspect itself - though bundling some kind of a futures market with your offering might peak my interest.
thc42o (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:10:23 AM

See the bitcoin mining is going to get harder unless you have some acis cards but I am trying to get together a group of people/friends who share ideas and can help each other and hopefully all steer towards one goal. I am extremely good at SEO so if i had a team and was presenting a nice site to mine in with everything a miner would want + more I believe over time the site would grow

i have two ASIC cards on preorder for a total i believe 120GH/S total i'll be doing. But even getting donations to start up something like this is near impossible. I have pre-ordered two of the 60 gh/s rigs and 4 of the BitForce Jalapeno miners i've pre-ordered also and I pre-ordered all these in 2012 so Im going to be on the earlier shipments.

I have thought about whoever donates btc to the sites cause and becomes a team member on the dev board / advertising board, I would send them one of the BitForce Jalapeno to dedicate to run on the site, someone who would partner maybe even two of them so if they wanna double up or run it on a different pool to use it to diagnose how other pools are running with the new type of card vs ours.

But I guess I have plenty of time to get to know people here. I've always read these forums, but after deciding about this site I knew i had to become a member and contribute.
thc42o (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:18:44 AM

Do you think if I setup something so first 4 donators of BTC towards the project. Or allow 10 staff members and the top 4 donators out of it get a BitForce Jalapeno. I really want it to be people who are interested in it as a project not to run their life around but for fun and success. I will be able to contribute 12GH/S and i have a ATI Farm not online atm till i sort out some wiring issues and that produces 6-8GH/S.

I know that people will need these ASIC and I need BTC to fund certain advertising parts to do with this website so it could be a win win there for both parties and hopefully I can followers,supporters, and most importantly right now ones who want to become part of the team!

I've also got 3 10Gbit servers

1 in chicago
1 in colorado
1 in netherlands

which is just burning a hole in my wallet right now not doing anything productive with them
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:26:50 AM

Do what you want but for success it will not happen
Don't give him the cold bucket - there's always room for more successes.
thc42o (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:31:24 AM

oh man you are really bumming me out Sad like I have this whole layout. Server is setup. Willing to give ASIC to donators. Just for a private start test? I mean wow bro you serious?

you still really haven't gone in to why this wouldn't happen. Just saying negative stuff without substance to back it up Sad please give
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:44:04 AM

oh man you are really bumming me out Sad like I have this whole layout. Server is setup. Willing to give ASIC to donators. Just for a private start test? I mean wow bro you serious?

you still really haven't gone in to why this wouldn't happen. Just saying negative stuff without substance to back it up Sad please give
Look up and stay eager. There's always room for improvements. What's the mining site? What can you offer in terms of features and perks over the existing mining consortiums? Have you visited and used the major mining sites and realized what you can do better than them?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:47:21 AM

I rarely agree with gweedo but he is right.  Harsh but right.

ASICs don't suddenly render the current pools obsolete.  Some of the larger miners will solo and the the smaller ASIC players will continue to use pools.  In time 60GH/s will be like 1 GH/s now.  The numbers will go up but everything will reamain the same.

Making a "new" mining pool today and trying to get people excited would be like pitching an idea to make a new "geocities" in 2013.  Meh.  Now don't let this crush your dreams but try to think creatively.  A "new" pool is about the last thing Bitcoin needs right now.  How about making a storefront site (think amazon stores) which allows people to create a webstore and accept Bitcoins easily.  By easily I mean not a line of programming.  Everything through a web front end.  Setup items, categories, products, photos, prices.  Allow clients to price in static BTC or static USD where price in BTC floats.  If you want to get real ambitious look to integreate stripe and allow merchants to accept both BTC and CC on the same easy storefront.

Now that would get me excited (if I didn't have a million things to do already).  Another pool?  How pedestrian.   It was interesting the first 150 times.
thc42o (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:10:16 AM

I rarely agree with gweedo but he is right.  Harsh but right.

ASICs don't suddenly render the current pools obsolete.  Some of the larger miners will solo and the the smaller ASIC players will continue to use pools.  In time 60GH/s will be like 1 GH/s now.  The numbers will go up but everything will reamain the same.

Making a "new" mining pool today and trying to get people excited would be like pitching an idea to make a new "geocities" in 2013.  Meh.  Now don't let this crush your dreams but try to think creatively.  A "new" pool is about the last thing Bitcoin needs right now.  How about making a storefront site (think amazon stores) which allows people to create a webstore and accept Bitcoins easily.  By easily I mean not a line of programming.  Everything through a web front end.  Setup items, categories, products, photos, prices.  Allow clients to price in static BTC or static USD where price in BTC floats.  If you want to get real ambitious look to integreate stripe and allow merchants to accept both BTC and CC on the same easy storefront.

Now that would get me excited (if I didn't have a million things to do already).  Another pool?  How pedestrian.   It was interesting the first 150 times.

I'm glad you said this because my other idea was to create a site that allowed you to accept bitcoins on your site and send to the wallet address of your choice, and features so as a built in wallet if you wanted that could create as many new addresses as you want and lable them. So each product could have the btc paid for it sent to its own unique address. I'm in the works for this right now actually Smiley . It's just so hard to do alone. I also wanted to create atleast a 100btc pool for the clients who use the software. and I guess i would get them by using my ati farm and my fpga's till my ASIC's come. I wish i knew others that would jump on this project with me. So anyone out there I would even give the sold out FPGA for half its cost if btc. I have 5. with usb/usb hubs.

They can accept BTC as
Donations.
towards products they sell.
program would hold a loading popup screen till 1 confirmation from the btc network came in for the product your buying (optional for admin to enable)
can generate new addresses via admin portal
assign 1 or multiple address to a product
wallet on server is protected and can dump out 1-* times a day to your personal wallet or where ever you'd like
working on making it also as a plug-in for wordpress
wordpress widget to show conversion rates
pricing would be in USD or EURO right now so  ($0.00 / 0.00btc) would look something like that.

Just as protection and faith i would build a BTC Pool with these cards and get partners to also do it with fpga cards i'd provide and they can keep 50% of what they mine rest of their life if they donate 50% of the card cost to me, and other 50% goes to the pool of btc to show customers that we are legit and this is what our company is worth in btc right now (just a thought to create faith in the company because I am also wanting to start a btc trading script in or a subdomain of the site that will have this web software) That's why i need partners.

That's it so far
What do you guys think?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:11:43 AM

Don't give him the cold bucket - there's always room for more successes.

I came here because over the past year I've wanted to develop a great bitcoin mining website.

Don't choose that pool mining isn't worth anything, choose a new venture...

really? i figured it would  be fun with the new ASIC coming out and the fact that the house gets a cut every block would have it pay for itself. do you care to elaborate more on what you mean by your statement? Smiley

So yeah if you have skills I bet you could add to the community in another way.

Someone has to be the cold reality but I told him to start another venture, which we could welcome with open arms!
Yes, but the current mining sites are not what you could classify as complete yet. I still envision a mining site where rewards could be paid out in products (thereby adding another profit route) directly. Just brainstorming around though.  Grin
thc42o (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 12:08:24 PM

like a locker website but you unlock prizes and locker prizes with btc you've earned?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: