Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a "Potential" Member/Sr. Member etc.?  (Read 515 times)
Fishbones78 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:50:30 PM

Hi,
So I currently offer a loaning service and see a lot of accounts sold as "potential" something. I get the idea that it has the potential to be a higher rank, but how is it worked out? I've seen newbie accounts that are potential Sr. Member accounts, but how, if the next rank is Jr. Member? I would like to know so I can offer slightly better loans to those with potential accounts.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 09:00:05 PM

Hi,
So I currently offer a loaning service and see a lot of accounts sold as "potential" something. I get the idea that it has the potential to be a higher rank, but how is it worked out? I've seen newbie accounts that are potential Sr. Member accounts, but how, if the next rank is Jr. Member? I would like to know so I can offer slightly better loans to those with potential accounts.

Thanks

Your rank depends on your activity[1]. Your activity depends on and is limited by time and your number of posts[2]. There are activity periods of 14 day length. Posting at least once in one of them rewards you with 14 time points. If you post in 17 different activity periods once you have 17*14 time, 17 posts and 17 activity. Your potential activity would be 238, your actual activity is 17 because it can never be higher than your number of posts. So if you only posted rarely in the past (less than 14 times per activity period) you bank potential activity (via the internally used 'time') that can be unlocked by posting.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Fishbones78 (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:07:20 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Your rank depends on your activity[1]. Your activity depends on and is limited by time and your number of posts[2]. There are activity periods of 14 day length. Posting at least once in one of them rewards you with 14 time points. If you post in 17 different activity periods once you have 17*14 time, 17 posts and 17 activity. Your potential activity would be 238, your actual activity is 17 because it can never be higher than your number of posts. So if you only posted rarely in the past (less than 14 times per activity period) you bank potential activity (via the internally used 'time') that can be unlocked by posting.

Hi
So if I had 200 potential activity but only 100 posts, I could post 100 times whenever and be guaranteed 1 activity? Whereas if I had 0 potential activity, I would only be able to earn 14 activity every 14 days?
Thanks for the reply you've given already, it explains a lot!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 09:14:21 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Hi
So if I had 200 potential activity but only 100 posts, I could post 100 times whenever and be guaranteed 1 activity?

Yes.

Whereas if I had 0 potential activity, I would only be able to earn 14 activity every 14 days?

You can only have 0 potential activity if you never posted. With your first post ever made you instantly have 14 potential activity because you posted in an activity period. The question is always how many posts you make in a given period. If you have more posts than (potential) activity because you e.g. post a lot. You will notice that the first post in a new period will instantly (well it takes 1-2 hours to update) increase your activity by 14. This is because the number of posts are not your limit, the time is. With potential activity accounts its the opposite. The number of posts that have been made with the account hold the activity back.

Fishbones78 (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:21:08 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Hi
So if I had 200 potential activity but only 100 posts, I could post 100 times whenever and be guaranteed 1 activity?

Yes.

Whereas if I had 0 potential activity, I would only be able to earn 14 activity every 14 days?

You can only have 0 potential activity if you never posted. With your first post ever made you instantly have 14 potential activity because you posted in an activity period. The question is always how many posts you make in a given period. If you have more posts than (potential) activity because you e.g. post a lot. You will notice that the first post in a new period will instantly (well it takes 1-2 hours to update) increase your activity by 14. This is because the number of posts are not your limit, the time is. With potential activity accounts its the opposite. The number of posts that have been made with the account hold the activity back.

Got it. Thanks for all of the explaining. So if you have potential activity, you can obtain more than 14 activity in 14 days. I guess that is what makes the potential accounts worth more, although I guess people spam accounts to make "potential" accounts. That's probably what it was when someone offered me a newbie potential Sr. Member the other day as loan collateral.

Thanks for the explaining, I appreciate it!
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 09:21:16 PM

Hmm That is why their are so many user who have created lot of accounts and just feeding them on activity day with 1 or 2 post and creating a potential account for higher rank and then to sell them and earn Bitcoins through it. Nice work

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 10:34:39 PM

Exactly what it is. It has the potential activity of a full/senior member, but the post count isnt high enough yet. Each post will be credited an activity point, from your potential activity count.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:47:14 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Hi

Yes.

Got it. Thanks for all of the explaining. So if you have potential activity, you can obtain more than 14 activity in 14 days. I guess that is what makes the potential accounts worth more, although I guess people spam accounts to make "potential" accounts. That's probably what it was when someone offered me a newbie potential Sr. Member the other day as loan collateral.

Thanks for the explaining, I appreciate it!

Since unlocking the activity impatient buyers risk to get banned if they spam to unlock it. On the other hand a smart buyer would take their time and they have the chance to mold the account in their own fashion (e.g. establish a history of high quality posts).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: